Windows 10: get control permissions

Discus and support get control permissions in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; how to get control permissions ie change fonts on my own system I have administrator permissions. I never had this issue on any other windows versions... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kitkat smokie, Mar 1, 2020.

1. get control permissions

how to get control permissions ie change fonts on my own system I have administrator permissions. I never had this issue on any other windows versions

:)

kitkat smokie, Mar 1, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Need Help With Windows Permissions Control Issues

Taking ownership can sometimes just be the first step. You may then need to add your account to the list of those that have permissions and grant yourself full control. On the Security tab, to change permissions, click 'Edit', then click 'Add' to add your account.

Bree, Mar 1, 2020
  3. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Mar 1, 2020
  4. get control permissions

Windows 10 Photos Permissions Error

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you are signed in as administrator.

I would like to inform you that it could be better, if you sign in as administrator and check if the issue persists.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to take the full control of the folder or files.

• Right-click the file or folder, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Under Group or user
      names
      , click your name to see the permissions you have.
    • The permissions for the selected user or group are shown in the lower portion of the properties dialog box.
    • Assign yourself “Full control” permission by checking the box for “Allow” for Full Control and check if you can access the drive.
    If the issue still persists, follow the below steps.

1. Type UAC or User Account Access on the search bar.

2. From UAC window, I suggest you to bring down the level to default and check if it helps.

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the folder permissions. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

get control permissions

1. get control permissions - Similar Threads - control permissions

2. Unable to Change Permission to Full Control on Registry Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Change Permission to Full Control on Registry Keys: I need to edit a registry key but before I do so, I need to be granted full control of the key. I am getting an error message when I try to do this. I am already listed as the owner of the key. I have tried changing both my administrator account as well as my use account to...
  3. Unable to Change Permission to Full Control on Registry Keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Change Permission to Full Control on Registry Keys: I need to edit a registry key but before I do so, I need to be granted full control of the key. I am getting an error message when I try to do this. I am already listed as the owner of the key. I have tried changing both my administrator account as well as my use account to...
  4. How do we control permissions for apps accessing the microphone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do we control permissions for apps accessing the microphone?: For security reasons, we would like to change our companies settings for apps to always ask permission to use the microphone. We are using Windows 11 Pro. I see in Setting > Privacy & security > Microphone that I can choose which apps can use the microphone. If I turn this...
  5. How do we control permissions for apps accessing the microphone?

How do we control permissions for apps accessing the microphone?: For security reasons, we would like to change our companies settings for apps to always ask permission to use the microphone. We are using Windows 11 Pro. I see in Setting > Privacy & security > Microphone that I can choose which apps can use the microphone. If I turn this...
  6. is there an issue with user access control for windows 10? I cannot get permission to load...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there an issue with user access control for windows 10? I cannot get permission to load...: Is there an issue with UAC on windows 10? I am trying to load a new app, but the permission box only shows a NO , where it should have YES or NO. I tried to run the app as administrator, but that did not work....
  7. is there an issue with user access control for windows 10? I cannot get permission to load...

is there an issue with user access control for windows 10? I cannot get permission to load...: Is there an issue with UAC on windows 10? I am trying to load a new app, but the permission box only shows a NO , where it should have YES or NO. I tried to run the app as administrator, but that did not work....
  8. is there an issue with user access control for windows 10? I cannot get permission to load...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Gave full control to system and can't change permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Gave full control to system and can't change permissions: I somehow gave full control to my system and can't access and files or apps or anything...can't even open settings...file explorer or anything...I managed to get to CMD and ran the built in administrator account by shift restart and running safe mode. I restart and click the...
  10. Gave full control to system and can't change permissions

Gave full control to system and can't change permissions: I somehow gave full control to my system and can't access and files or apps or anything...can't even open settings...file explorer or anything...I managed to get to CMD and ran the built in administrator account by shift restart and running safe mode. I restart and click the...