Windows 10: Get Cortana off taskbar.

Discus and support Get Cortana off taskbar. in Cortana to solve the problem; Can't find a way to do it in Taskbar settings, Display settings, Personalization settings, or by right-clicking the taskbar, which would normally have... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by averyweber, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Get Cortana off taskbar.

Can't find a way to do it in Taskbar settings, Display settings, Personalization settings, or by right-clicking the taskbar, which would normally have an option to remove Cortana from the taskbar.

:)

averyweber, Jun 19, 2019

2. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Cortana's bug

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Cortana might have been hidden, you can enable Cortana by following the below mentioned steps:

1. Right click on the taskbar and click on Cortana.
    2. Select the option Show search box or Show Cortana icon.

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from
    Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana

NOTE: The last step in the article mentioned is to Reset the PC. Resetting the PC will remove the data and programs/applications installed on the computer. We suggest you to take a data backup if you want to reset the PC.

If the above steps didn’t help you fix the problem, reply to the following questions:

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer recently?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Get Cortana off taskbar.

Taskbar not working

Hi Frank,

In addition to Sumit Dhiman suggestion I suggest you to follow the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps

suggested.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

The troubleshooting steps suggested in the link above applies to Taskbar too.

Do let us know if you are able to use Taskbar. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Get Cortana off taskbar.

1. Get Cortana off taskbar. - Similar Threads - Cortana off taskbar

2. How to get Cortana in the taskbar ?

in Cortana
    How to get Cortana in the taskbar ?: I have tried everything but couldn't get Cortana to my taskbar.. Please find a solution... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-cortana-in-the-taskbar/6153c6f2-b90c-4a05-a3ab-37b35eb39163
  3. Cortana off

in Cortana
    Cortana off: I want Cortana off or deleted. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-off/f74577ba-c458-403e-8b1b-1e5b39698bba"
  4. Where is Cortana in the Chrome Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where is Cortana in the Chrome Taskbar?: The taskbar was white with Cortana. Now it is black With windows taskbar in Chrome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-cortana-in-the-chrome-taskbar/0ad1d973-196a-4e56-aaf3-77620e7c474b
  5. turn off cortana

in Cortana
    turn off cortana: Since 1903 update moments ago in windows 10 that annoying, useless Cortana is back on. How to turn OFF cortana yet keep the search button/bar. Or, even better yet, how to uninstall version 1903...
  6. How to get cortana icon back on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get cortana icon back on taskbar: how to get cortana icon on taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-cortana-icon-back-on-taskbar/ba8d6178-9bb4-43f6-9b46-74358f381a20
  7. turn off cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off cortana: Just updated to Win10 v14366. How do I turn off Cortana? 53946
  8. Shutting Off Cortana

Shutting Off Cortana: Is there a way to stop Cortana running in the background. I see it in the "Task Manager', but you cannot 'End Task' it as it comes right back. 13561
  9. Turn off Cortana

Turn off Cortana: I want to turn off Cortana but it is not listed in the Local Group Policy. 104369
  10. Cortana Taskbar Search Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Taskbar Search Not Working: Cortana taskbar search shows up but when you click on it, you cannot enter text. Also even though you can see the Cortana control panel listing when searching in Settings when you click on it it does not open. I checked and the Cortana files are in the System Apps folder. The...