Windows 10: Get error msg saying I need W7, W8 or 10 to Install this Software

Discus and support Get error msg saying I need W7, W8 or 10 to Install this Software in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have used Paint.Net for a long time and I am familiar with the things I need. I had to replace my HDD 3 days ago and reinstalled Win10 Home using a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by l_turn9, Nov 2, 2019.

1. l_turn9 Win User

Get error msg saying I need W7, W8 or 10 to Install this Software

I have used Paint.Net for a long time and I am familiar with the things I need. I had to replace my HDD 3 days ago and reinstalled Win10 Home using a USB I rec'd from Acer/Microsoft. The installation of the HDD and software went normally as far as I could tell. Today I tried to install Paint.net from a download from the creators website. Install went almost to the end but stopped short and said, "Paint,Net requires Win7, 8.1 or 10 to install. The program terminated and suggested I try again later. I tried 5 or 6 times with the same result.

I went to System and it shows 10 Home as my OS.

I have a CD with W10 Pro, should I install that? Or what?

Thanks,

Larry

:)

l_turn9, Nov 2, 2019
  2. Sigurd Win User

Opening a .MSG file created by Outlook 365

Because the apps I had tried and the one I had installed, appeared on the list of possible Apps in the list for opening MSG files, I thought that repairing Outlook might work. So I tried the repair option as Sheltieuk had suggested. When I then tried Start – Defaults afterwards and looked to see what was available to open MSG files, Outlook had appeared on the list! Selected that and it worked.

For once I have posed not only a question but an answer!!

Sigurd, Nov 2, 2019
  3. reverze Win User
    harddrive error testing software

Well so far in the past two days I've had 3 lock ups followed by an error saying "a disk read error occurred"

I need some type of software to test my harddrive and make sure it's ok.

Suggestions?

reverze, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Tatty_One Win User

Now that W10 is out, are you a W7 / W8 refusenik?

Thanks, when W7 becomes in effect obsolete, I will upgrade to W8, when that is gone I will upgrade to an Android tablet and play candy crush all day in retirement *Big Grin Get error msg saying I need W7, W8 or 10 to Install this Software :D

Tatty_One, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Get error msg saying I need W7, W8 or 10 to Install this Software - Similar Threads - error msg saying

2. Itunes won't recognize ipod classic. Have PC with win10. Get error msg saying software...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Itunes won't recognize ipod classic. Have PC with win10. Get error msg saying software...: Have PC with Win10. Itunes won't recognize ipod classic now. Has worked for years. Now I get msg that the software required for this ipod is not installed correctly. Repair ipod support using the apps and features page of windows settings app. Have tried all recommendations...
  3. Itunes won't recognize ipod classic. Have PC with win10. Get error msg saying software...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Itunes won't recognize ipod classic. Have PC with win10. Get error msg saying software...: Have PC with Win10. Itunes won't recognize ipod classic now. Has worked for years. Now I get msg that the software required for this ipod is not installed correctly. Repair ipod support using the apps and features page of windows settings app. Have tried all recommendations...
  4. Itunes won't recognize ipod classic. Have PC with win10. Get error msg saying software...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. serial key for win10pro and i get error msg

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    serial key for win10pro and i get error msg: i bought a serial key for win10 pro and I get an error msg and did not activate the copy .. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/serial-key-for-win10pro-and-i-get-error-msg/d308d72c-34e3-4a70-a841-4d954b1939d5
  6. serial key for win10pro and i get error msg

in Windows 10 Gaming
    serial key for win10pro and i get error msg: i bought a serial key for win10 pro and I get an error msg and did not activate the copy .. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/serial-key-for-win10pro-and-i-get-error-msg/d308d72c-34e3-4a70-a841-4d954b1939d5
  7. serial key for win10pro and i get error msg

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Getting a msg saying one of my drives needs a check for consistency.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting a msg saying one of my drives needs a check for consistency.: Split from this thread. Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums. We understand the difficulties that you are facing with the Microsoft Product and we’ll certainly assist you to fix the issue. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please...
  9. W10 update from W7/W8/W8.1 still working !!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 update from W7/W8/W8.1 still working !!!!: Hi folks. Not sure how long this will continue to work but the Free update from W7/W8/W8.1 is STILL working as of 16 Nov 2017. I entered an old Technet key for W8.1 pro on a clean install of W10 pro via the media creation tool. No probs -- activated with Digital...
  10. MS re-releases GWX app to W7 and W8 users

in Windows 10 News
    MS re-releases GWX app to W7 and W8 users: Released as a non-critical update for Windows 7 and 8.1. March 23, 2016 More: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3035583