Windows 10: get file size

Discus and support get file size in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ok this is a hardcore question cause im a hardcore programmer Dos 2+ INT 21h / AH= 42h - SEEK - set current file position. Ok Im writing 16 bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Markskramstad., Sep 10, 2019.

1. get file size

Ok this is a hardcore question cause im a hardcore programmer

Dos 2+

INT 21h / AH= 42h - SEEK - set current file position.

Ok Im writing 16 bit DOS programs using A86 assembler.

I want to know if the above DOS interrupt will recongnize the NTFSfile system

MARK

:)

Markskramstad., Sep 10, 2019
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Sep 10, 2019
  3. increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 10, 2019
  4. get file size

Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

get file size

1. get file size - Similar Threads - file size

2. How to DEcrease (!) font size and line height in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to DEcrease (!) font size and line height in File Explorer?: I would like to decrease (!) the font size, line height and eventually the font family of the font used in File Explorer of Win10. When I search for "Font change file explorer" in google then users are always directed to Settings--->Ease of Access--->Display --->Make text...
  3. MS Update Calatog KB 4512578 W10 x64 wrong size, wrong file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Update Calatog KB 4512578 W10 x64 wrong size, wrong file: Hi! I've got o problem with KB4512578 for Windows 10 1809 x64 downloaded from /www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4512578. Size in catalog is shown 262,4MB while downloaded file has 227MB. File not working while executed error 0x8007000d, something wrong with...
  4. Files sizes for photos and videos showing as much larger than actual. Can't open/transfer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files sizes for photos and videos showing as much larger than actual. Can't open/transfer.: A couple of months ago I transferred some photos and videos from my phone to my desktop computer. All was well at the time - fast forward to today, I attempted to open some of the photos in the folder, and all I get is a blank screen - something 'trying' to open. I did...
  5. Thumbnail file size goes on increasing

Thumbnail file size goes on increasing: I am using Windows 10 Pro 64bit (v 1903). I noticed that my thumbnails file size keeps on increasing. Usually it used to be 15 to 30 MB. But since I installed version 1803, I noticed this abnormal issue. I keep on deleting the thumbnails file but again it goes on increasing...
  6. File Explorer shows wrong folder size

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer shows wrong folder size: Recently I noticed that in File Explorer when I right click on a folder and click Properties, the folder size is sometimes shown much smaller than the correct size. For example, in File Explorer, Documents shows as 30 MB (repeat 30 MB), while in Tree Size Free the correct...
  7. Incorrect file size on Windows 10 even after version 1903 update

Incorrect file size on Windows 10 even after version 1903 update: Hi community, I'm desperate to find a solution for this problem. I copied my Camera folder from my phone to my laptop running W10 version 1803 a couple of months ago. Yesterday I tried to move the files to an external HD when I realised that, instead of around 50GB of...
  8. File size discrepancy

File size discrepancy: Hey all, I'm having an issue with downloading a file. The file is 1.3 GB while this PC has 2.36 GB remaining, yet still uses up all disk space when attempting to download. (P.S. downloading .zip files to a USB appears to corrupt them)...
  9. Change windows file explorer font size in list view

Change windows file explorer font size in list view: I am visually impaired. I prefer using Mac because I can make my cursor size a lot larger than I can on my PC. I have both a Mac and a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10 Pro. I have looked this question up and they say that I should go to settings>System>Display they...
  10. Scheduled task to delete files in network drive's trashbox by size or delete date?

Scheduled task to delete files in network drive's trashbox by size or delete date?: Background: I have a Buffalo network drive that is used as a file server for two Win 10 Home PCs as well as for automated backups of my PC by Macrium Reflect. I only recently discovered that it has something similar to Windows' recycle bin called "trashbox", but run by the...