Windows 10: get file size

Discus and support get file size in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ok this is a hardcore question cause im a hardcore programmer Dos 2+ INT 21h / AH= 42h - SEEK - set current file position. Ok Im writing 16 bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Markskramstad., Sep 10, 2019.

1. get file size

Ok this is a hardcore question cause im a hardcore programmer

Dos 2+

INT 21h / AH= 42h - SEEK - set current file position.

Ok Im writing 16 bit DOS programs using A86 assembler.

I want to know if the above DOS interrupt will recongnize the NTFSfile system

MARK

:)

Markskramstad., Sep 10, 2019
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Sep 10, 2019
  3. increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 10, 2019
  4. get file size

Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

get file size

1. get file size - Similar Threads - file size

2. Why does Windows keep on increasing size of a Paging file even on a system with 16Gb RAM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows keep on increasing size of a Paging file even on a system with 16Gb RAM?: Hi, I use a laptop with 16Gb RAM running Windows 10 Pro 64bit. I read many articles and posts that with a lot of RAM you don't really need a page file and it can be disabled. There are posts on Microsoft forum itself which say that we must have page file for Windows to...
  3. Why does Windows keep on increasing size of a Paging file even on a system with 16Gb RAM?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Windows keep on increasing size of a Paging file even on a system with 16Gb RAM?: Hi, I use a laptop with 16Gb RAM running Windows 10 Pro 64bit. I read many articles and posts that with a lot of RAM you don't really need a page file and it can be disabled. There are posts on Microsoft forum itself which say that we must have page file for Windows to...
  4. Why does Windows keep on increasing size of a Paging file even on a system with 16Gb RAM?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to remove file size appearing in file name when uploading a pdf?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove file size appearing in file name when uploading a pdf?: I'm attempting to upload a file to a website no brackets permitted. My saved file name doesn't contain any brackets but the upload failed. The rejection of the uploaded file showed the file name as including the file size in brackets after .pdf. Please can anyone assist as to...
  6. Difference in the total size of files in C: and used space n C: drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difference in the total size of files in C: and used space n C: drive: I am using Windows 10 and I am cleaning my C drive. While cleaning, I noticed that the difference between the space used in Drive C and the total file size in Drive C is way too big, around 30 GB.The difference still exists although I have: Unhidden filesCleaned up system...
  7. Difference in the total size of files in C: and used space n C: drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Difference in the total size of files in C: and used space n C: drive: I am using Windows 10 and I am cleaning my C drive. While cleaning, I noticed that the difference between the space used in Drive C and the total file size in Drive C is way too big, around 30 GB.The difference still exists although I have: Unhidden filesCleaned up system...
  8. Difference in the total size of files in C: and used space n C: drive

9. Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a...

Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a...: Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a 40gb folder in desktop to transfer to another storage.. But once I clicked the folder's properties it only shows 9+gb, but all the files are still there.. and tried to copy that folder...
  10. Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a...: Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a 40gb folder in desktop to transfer to another storage.. But once I clicked the folder's properties it only shows 9+gb, but all the files are still there.. and tried to copy that folder...