Windows 10: Get Game to stop asking for Admin permission on my Child's PC

Discus and support Get Game to stop asking for Admin permission on my Child's PC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a few games that require my admin password or my child can't play them. How can i make the game allow them to just play them without requiring... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MathewYoung, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Get Game to stop asking for Admin permission on my Child's PC

I have a few games that require my admin password or my child can't play them.

How can i make the game allow them to just play them without requiring admin password/permission?

:)

MathewYoung, Jun 19, 2020

2. I would like to be asked to approve ALL app downloads my child would like to download

Hi,

There is an option in Microsoft Family settings wherein you can manage your child's account to ask permission before downloading apps. To manage a child's account, follow these steps:

• Login your Microsoft account on this link.
    • Click Family at the upper-right corner of the page.
    • Under the child's account, select Content restrictions.
    • Under Apps, games & media, toggle the Block inappropriate apps, games & media option to
      On and set an age limit to block inappropriate apps, games, & media.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Gerard Qui, Jun 19, 2020
  3. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Get Game to stop asking for Admin permission on my Child's PC

How did this get released before testing and why does it change all permissions without asking

Hi,

is the permission for the folders in your user profile shown as "read-only'?

If this is the case, I would suggest you to try these steps and check if they help:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    • This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later.
    Try these steps and let us know the results.

Bennet Martin, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Get Game to stop asking for Admin permission on my Child's PC

1. Get Game to stop asking for Admin permission on my Child's PC - Similar Threads - Game stop asking

2. My child's account asks for parental permission, I login with my account as instructed and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My child's account asks for parental permission, I login with my account as instructed and...: For months now my child and I have been using Windows 11 on separate laptops. Every time my child logs in she is prompted to sign in to her Microsoft account. She does so and it says 'Parent or guardian consent is required for this account'. So I click 'I'm a parent or...
  3. My child's account asks for parental permission, I login with my account as instructed and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My child's account asks for parental permission, I login with my account as instructed and...: For months now my child and I have been using Windows 11 on separate laptops. Every time my child logs in she is prompted to sign in to her Microsoft account. She does so and it says 'Parent or guardian consent is required for this account'. So I click 'I'm a parent or...
  4. Asking admin permission even for Desktop files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asking admin permission even for Desktop files: Hi All,I am logged in as jashobanta-hewl\jasho and I have the admin access available. However, when I try to say update any file created in desktop or any user directory like Documents, it says "You need permissions from jasho". I am not able to edit or modify any files...
  5. Asking admin permission even for Desktop files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asking admin permission even for Desktop files: Hi All,I am logged in as jashobanta-hewl\jasho and I have the admin access available. However, when I try to say update any file created in desktop or any user directory like Documents, it says "You need permissions from jasho". I am not able to edit or modify any files...
  6. Make Windows stop asking for admin permissions for an specific program.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Make Windows stop asking for admin permissions for an specific program.: Hi, I have a program that upon launch, it asks me for admin permissions this is the admin account, I just have to press yes. Is there any way to tell Windows to always authorize that program instead of me having to give it admin privileges everytime I open the program. For...
  7. Camera Stopped working..Asking for Permission

Camera Stopped working..Asking for Permission: My laptop camera stopped working all of a sudden. When opening camera app, I get prompt as shown in the below screen that camera app needs permission. [ATTACH] But as you will see below, Camera app already has permission. [ATTACH] Not sure what is causing this....
  8. Windows asking me to get permissions from myself Admin account to delete a folder on my...

Windows asking me to get permissions from myself Admin account to delete a folder on my...: Windows is not allowing me to delete this folder on my desktop, this was copied from minecraft UWP folder, but now it only allowed me to delete most of the files but left some random json files. [ATTACH] I tried changing ownership of the folder from system to myself...
  9. Child account and windows chrome- can't access. Constant msg 'ask adult/ admin for permission'

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child account and windows chrome- can't access. Constant msg 'ask adult/ admin for permission': Can anyone help please? ALl filters removed from 17 YO child but he still cant access chrome. 2 hours wasted trying to resolve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/child-account-and-windows-chrome-cant-access/420a0662-4c03-49f6-bce4-7427f4a579c7"
  10. Why some of my downloads doesn't ask for admin permission?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why some of my downloads doesn't ask for admin permission?: Hi, I recently download the Fusion 360 software.o There's a link: http://www.appstreaming.autodesk.com/install/studentapp/73e72ada57b7480280f7a6f4a289729f/ Also this link: https://osu.ppy.sh/home/download When I execute the files, it automatically downloads the software...