Windows 10: 'Get Help' app won't allow me to contact support - requests an update which is already...

Discus and support 'Get Help' app won't allow me to contact support - requests an update which is already... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I need to contact support for a problem I'm having on Windows. However when the "get help" app opens and I click "contact us", it tells me "New... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlisonFitzpatrick2, Jul 8, 2021.

1. 'Get Help' app won't allow me to contact support - requests an update which is already...

Hi,I need to contact support for a problem I'm having on Windows. However when the "get help" app opens and I click "contact us", it tells me "New version of Get Help app is available".I am redirected to the microsoft store but it is already updated, I can just select "Launch". I can't uninstall the app in order to reinstall it. What do I do?

:)

AlisonFitzpatrick2, Jul 8, 2021

2. Contact support app

I never noticed this app before until today. An app listed in start menu called 'Contact Support'. So I clicked it just to take a look. But the app just starts to open and then immediately crashes/shuts off. I logged into another user acc on my machine and it opens just fine.

Usually if an app is playing up on my computer I go into the settings - apps list and reset the app which normally sorts things out. But contact support is missing from the list. Does anyone use the app and have any problems with it?

Scottyboy99, Jul 8, 2021
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Jul 8, 2021
  4. 'Get Help' app won't allow me to contact support - requests an update which is already...

Contact support app

I totally agree with you Davy. Am sick and tired of the bugs. I use Windows 10 = Buggy, Mac OS Sierra = Buggy, iOS 10 = Buggy. Heck even my Sky HD (UK satellite giant) = Buggy. These big companies try to innovate but just end up piling bugs ontop of bugs. And they don't fix them. The MS native apps are the worst offenders. This particular issue with Contact Support is a joke because you cant reset the app as it doesn't appear in the settings - apps list. The irony that a contact for support app doesn't work!!! Of course it's a local issue to my PC but it's just typical of the modern day Windows, the OS causes so many problems or frustrations! I spend more time updating the machine than actually using because MS pumps out way too many updates. Tonight is patch tuesday so no doubt a cumulative update that will take far too much of precious spare time and because I don't trust the update will need to be handheld and watched, tested after.

I think it's time to consolidate and focus on the bugs instead of new features. I'd take stability and less bugs over new features anyday.

Scottyboy99, Jul 8, 2021
Thema:

'Get Help' app won't allow me to contact support - requests an update which is already...

1. 'Get Help' app won't allow me to contact support - requests an update which is already... - Similar Threads - 'Get Help' app

2. Mail App won't allow me to sign in properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail App won't allow me to sign in properly: I have just purchased a new laptop with windows 11. I am trying to sign in on the Mail app so that I can access emails etc. My Microsoft account appears image 1 and everything appears to work fine image 2. However, after everything is "signed in" it just gives me the option...
  3. Mail App won't allow me to sign in properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail App won't allow me to sign in properly: I have just purchased a new laptop with windows 11. I am trying to sign in on the Mail app so that I can access emails etc. My Microsoft account appears image 1 and everything appears to work fine image 2. However, after everything is "signed in" it just gives me the option...
  4. People App. Won't allow me to add accounts - suggests an account then tells me it already...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    People App. Won't allow me to add accounts - suggests an account then tells me it already...: I realisethat having a file with a few email addresses is harder than quantum mechanics or discovering the Higgs Boson, but how do I get the People app to get my contacts? I can't add them from the windows Mail app.I can't add email accounts to the People app.I have reset...
  5. People App. Won't allow me to add accounts - suggests an account then tells me it already...

People App. Won't allow me to add accounts - suggests an account then tells me it already...: I realisethat having a file with a few email addresses is harder than quantum mechanics or discovering the Higgs Boson, but how do I get the People app to get my contacts? I can't add them from the windows Mail app.I can't add email accounts to the People app.I have reset...
  6. I need help getting in contact with Microsoft support.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help getting in contact with Microsoft support.: I am trying to get help in recovering my overwritten file, but I can't get into support. It always says "One of our agents will be with you shortly. Thank you for your patience!", and it won't do anything else passed that. I have been waiting for an hour or two and nothing is...
  7. I need help getting in contact with Microsoft support.

I need help getting in contact with Microsoft support.: I am trying to get help in recovering my overwritten file, but I can't get into support. It always says "One of our agents will be with you shortly. Thank you for your patience!", and it won't do anything else passed that. I have been waiting for an hour or two and nothing is...
  8. I need help getting in contact with Microsoft support.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. McAfee uninstall is impossible, the app won't allow me.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    McAfee uninstall is impossible, the app won't allow me.: I tried to uninstall it, a window pop up with the option "uninstall" in grey, can't click it... [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mcafee-uninstall-is-impossible-the-app-wont-allow/1e242668-b601-49ad-a60a-38e87965727b
  10. Contact support app

Contact support app: I never noticed this app before until today. An app listed in start menu called 'Contact Support'. So I clicked it just to take a look. But the app just starts to open and then immediately crashes/shuts off. I logged into another user acc on my machine and it opens just fine....