Windows 10: Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10 – Features and Shortcuts

Discus and support Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10 – Features and Shortcuts in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]File Explorer is an application that is a part of the Windows 10 Operating System, which provides a graphical user interface to browse,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 15, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10 – Features and Shortcuts

WinClub, Jan 15, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 15, 2020
  3. terrace Win User
    Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10 – Features and Shortcuts :)

terrace, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Drone Win User

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Win+X (or right click on Windows icon) isn't really useful anymore. MS removed classic control panel from the list and changed programs and features to Apps and Features. To get to Programs and Features you have to go to Apps and Features first (Metro UI) (it's in the top right corner).

And classic cmd also left the win+x and File list, you have to do it old way (win+r -> cmd -> enter).

Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10 – Features and Shortcuts 1380.jpg

Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10 – Features and Shortcuts 3.jpg

Now it's easier to access Power Options directly from the taskbar.

Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10 – Features and Shortcuts 2.jpg

Drone, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10 – Features and Shortcuts - Similar Threads - Help File Explorer

2. Getting rid of irritating new File Explorer feature

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting rid of irritating new File Explorer feature: I have been using versions of Windows for many years. Recently Windows to appears to have introduced a new feature in File Explorer which I find quite irritating. It concerns the way the contents of folders are displayed. When opening a folder in File Explorer there have...
  3. File Explorer Help Please

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Help Please: I used to open my File Explorer and it presented a menu as to which drive I wanted to go to, like C drive, D drive or R drive or other drives I have on here. Do you know of a way how I can get it back that way by clicking on File Explorer? Many thanks for all your help.God...
  4. Keyboard shortcut for Details view in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard shortcut for Details view in File Explorer?: Any keyboard shortcut for Details view in File Explorer? I read it's Ctrl + Shift + 6, but it doesn't seem to work. Any advice much welcome *Smile 139311
  5. Keyboard shortcut for Details view in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard shortcut for Details view in File Explorer?: Any keyboard shortcut for Details view in File Explorer? I read it's Ctrl + Shift + 6, but it doesn't seem to work. Any advice much welcome *Smile 139311
  6. File Explorer Help?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Help?: I can't find any setting or info on the internet as to why one of my drives is not showing on the left hand side of the File Explorer window.... Things to note: the drive in question is a software raid, syncing is done Anyone have any ideas? 40680
  7. File explorer slow in opening folder with shortcuts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File explorer slow in opening folder with shortcuts: Recently a change occured (after an update?). I have a folder containing only 6 shortcuts, linking to devices or to drives, connected to devices, in my home network. Opening this folder takes about 30 sec. It has to do with those shortcuts that link to drives, connected to...
  8. Create File Explorer UWP app Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create File Explorer UWP app Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create File Explorer UWP app Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a UWP File Explorer app Shortcut in Windows 10 Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14936 includes a new Universal Windows Platform (UWP) File Explorer app that is still an unfinished early version....
  9. File Open\Windows Explorer Shortcut Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    File Open\Windows Explorer Shortcut Problems: Hi all, can't seem to find anything relating to this issue but feel free to send link if already discussed.. On my Outlook 2003 (Yes I know!), I often add/remove my pst archives via File>Data File Management. The 'Open' dialog opens and defaults to the...
  10. file explorer on taskbar not opening windows, and is copying shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer on taskbar not opening windows, and is copying shortcuts: it suddenly stopped working the shortcuts are not opening when i click on them is it a setting?: [img] and why is the shortcuts on the taskbar explorer (when u right click it like in the gif) have the same shortcuts as in the explorer window (the shortcuts on the sides)...