Windows 10: Get Hyper V Administrators group from PowerShell without knowing the name

Discus and support Get Hyper V Administrators group from PowerShell without knowing the name in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I want to make a PowerShell script that can add something I know how I can add in the Hyper V Administrators group without knowing the group name... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Anamaria-Teodora, Jan 26, 2023.

1. Get Hyper V Administrators group from PowerShell without knowing the name

I want to make a PowerShell script that can add something I know how I can add in the Hyper V Administrators group without knowing the group name because I saw that this can be different based on Windows installation language and I want a generic solution that work for every language

:)

Anamaria-Teodora, Jan 26, 2023
  2. isatin Win User

Unable to add user to Hyper-V administrators group

Hi,

I installed Visual Studio Emulator for Android and Hyper-V on Windows 10, but when I started the emulator, I got an error "Unable to add user to Hyper-V administrators group: exit code 2220". My Windows 10 is an Education edition upgraded from a Home edition,
    so obviously I don't have the Hyper-V administrators group. Is there any way to fix that other than reinstalling Windows?

Thanks,

isatin, Jan 26, 2023
  3. Unable to add user to Hyper-V administrators group

...but the stuff there kick it back to windows forum...

We apologize for the delay and hoping this won't be too much inconvenience to you.

>>I don't have a Hyper-V administrators group so I can't add myself to that group.

This forum is about c++ development. For this issue, I suggest you to go to Microsoft Community for better help. There will be more professional support specifically
    to your case.

Your understanding and corporation will be grateful.

Best Regards,

Sera Yu

MING JIE陈, Jan 26, 2023
  4. Get Hyper V Administrators group from PowerShell without knowing the name

Hyper-V

You can install Hyper-V with powershell:

First start powershell as administrator and then type:

Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V-All

this installs all Hyler-V features.

See here for more Info:

https://www.altaro.com/hyper-v/install-hyper-v-...

---

Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Please be careful clicking on links and downloading software.

Watch out for ads on the website that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).

Roman Wienicke (r.wienicke), Jan 26, 2023
Thema:

Get Hyper V Administrators group from PowerShell without knowing the name

1. Get Hyper V Administrators group from PowerShell without knowing the name - Similar Threads - Hyper Administrators group

2. Get Hyper V Administrators group from PowerShell without knowing the name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get Hyper V Administrators group from PowerShell without knowing the name: I want to make a PowerShell script that can add something I know how I can add in the Hyper V Administrators group without knowing the group name because I saw that this can be different based on Windows installation language and I want a generic solution that work for every...
  3. Hyper V administration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper V administration: Hi all,I have 3 host on Win Server 2016 running Hyper V and clustering. Recently not able to live migrate some VM from Host 1 to 3 or Host 2 to 3.Below are the errors i encounteris below a network issue ?...
  4. Hyper V administration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper V administration: Hi all,I have 3 host on Win Server 2016 running Hyper V and clustering. Recently not able to live migrate some VM from Host 1 to 3 or Host 2 to 3.Below are the errors i encounteris below a network issue ?...
  5. How to Switch Back From Hyper V Administrator account to Administrator Account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Switch Back From Hyper V Administrator account to Administrator Account.: Dear sir, I was working on my System on 22nd july 2020 i was unable to install an application. I tried 3-4 times but i was unable to install the application. while i was checking for the Administrator Account i mistakenly Clicked on Hyper V Administrator Account and saved...
  6. WDAP without Hyper-v

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WDAP without Hyper-v: Hello, I installed VMware workstation and now I want to install Windows Defender Application Protection. We can't install both VMware and Hyper-v. Now how can use WDAP without install hyper-v? Thanks...
  7. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  8. Sharing XP Files from Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Sharing XP Files from Hyper-V: I'm running Windows XP on Windows 10 with Hyper-V. How do I share files between XP and the c drive on my physical computer? This was so easy with VPC 2007. 29817
  9. Need to access a Hyper-V feature -- don't know where to find it.

Need to access a Hyper-V feature -- don't know where to find it.: After years of using VMWare for my virtual machines, I decided this weekend to learn how to implement Hyper-V on my Windows 10 laptop. C'mon....free software is always a good thing, right? Just one minor problem...after creating a virtual machine, installing the OS and...
  10. Hyper-v keeps getting disconnected with RS1

Hyper-v keeps getting disconnected with RS1: Only user but keep getting disconnected since upgrading Pro N to RS1 Any suggestions? Edit: THOUGHT I found problem. My wifi adaptor on pc had got bridge linked with the hyper-v virtual router and that was confusing things. Also explains why I was getting an internet...