Windows 10: Get Live email address and connect that to existing Microsoft account

Discus and support Get Live email address and connect that to existing Microsoft account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Good morning all, I have a Microsoft account and I use my Gmail address L: example@gmail.com to log in. I also use this Gmail address as my main... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by GeneralLee01, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Get Live email address and connect that to existing Microsoft account

Good morning all,

I have a Microsoft account and I use my Gmail address L: example@gmail.com to log in. I also use this Gmail address as my main email.

Lately I have started to move away from google and therefore would like a Microsoft L: example@live.com email address as my main email and also use that for my Microsoft account.

Seems like an easy task, but I am kind of lost how to accomplish this.

All help and advice is very welcome

Thanks

Bo

:)

GeneralLee01, Nov 10, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Nov 10, 2018
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    Change email address for Microsoft Account

Hi William,

To better assist you with your concern, we'd like to get the following information:

• What is the domain of your existing email address?
    • What is the domain of the existing email address you were trying to add an alias?
    • To clarify, you've mentioned that you want to change the email address of your Microsoft account, what type of email address do you wish to replace it? Is it Gmail, Yahoo mail or other?

Looking forward to your response.

Paola Gar, Nov 10, 2018
  4. Get Live email address and connect that to existing Microsoft account

Change email address for Microsoft Account

Hi Paola,

Thank you for your response.

1. My existing Microsoft account domain is ' bigpond.net.au' which my existing email address is part of. I wish to DELETE this shortly.

2. My new email domain I am trying to add as an Alias is 'bigpond.com'

3. Telstra in Australia are changing to a new email server called Telstra Mail.

Regards

William Chandler

William F Chandler, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

Get Live email address and connect that to existing Microsoft account

1. Get Live email address and connect that to existing Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Live email address

2. Problems with Microsoft Account non-existent email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Microsoft Account non-existent email address: Approximately one year ago, after downloading the usual Microsoft updates, my system crashed. After a reboot and reverting to an earlier system restore point, everything seemed fine. However, a month or so after that I noticed that my Microsoft account had reverted to an old...
  3. Problems with Microsoft Account non-existent email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Microsoft Account non-existent email address: Approximately one year ago, after downloading the usual Microsoft updates, my system crashed. After a reboot and reverting to an earlier system restore point, everything seemed fine. However, a month or so after that I noticed that my Microsoft account had reverted to an old...
  4. Problems with Microsoft Account non-existent email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Wrong Microsoft account email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong Microsoft account email address: I was trying to help set up my girlfriends Lenovo lab top and I used an incorrect email address for the administrator Microsoft account.I tried setting up an e mail account with that user name and it has been taken.It has not been verified.Can I change the administrator...
  6. Email address doesn't exist

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Email address doesn't exist: Hello,I've a microsoft account on my work pc. I want to download an app but if I have to insert my email address, it says it doesn't exist. I'm getting really frustrated because I use Sharepoint and all other Microsoft office tools so I really don't understand.extra...
  7. Microsoft Account old email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account old email address: I am in a never ending loop with microsoft account.I am trying to get rid of an email addresss that I have not had for 7 years from my account I have added the alternative email address phone number Ietc.Every time I try to go into change it it sends me into a 30 day loop...
  8. Microsoft account email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account email address: Hi,The microsoft account email address that my pc uses for windows 10, has an incorrect email address, and I cannot remember the password to this account.The problem is, I am trying to change this account the correct one. So I have added the correct email address as an...
  9. Get Live email address and connect that to existing Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Support
    Get Live email address and connect that to existing Microsoft account: Good morning all, I have a Microsoft account and I use my Gmail address L: example@gmail.com to log in. I also use this Gmail address as my main email. Lately I have started to move away from google and therefore would like a Microsoft L: example@live.com email address as...
  10. Microsoft account with invalid email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft account with invalid email address: I recently retired and shut down my consulting business, including my website. The email address that I used to create the Microsoft Account went defunct with the web site. I have kept the laptop that I used for my business, and want to retain the Office 365 subscription...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft account like example@gmail.com