Windows 10: Get logged out of all my accounts on reboot after Windows update

Discus and support Get logged out of all my accounts on reboot after Windows update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After a recent Windows 10 update, each time I shut down my computer, I get logged out, despite saving my account information and password, enabling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by trialbyerror, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Get logged out of all my accounts on reboot after Windows update

After a recent Windows 10 update, each time I shut down my computer, I get logged out, despite saving my account information and password, enabling stay signed in option, verifying my Microsoft account. So every time I boot my computer, I am required to log in to all my accounts, Yahoo, facebook, Linkedin, Outlook and every other account where I prefer to stay signed in. It has become a big pain. Please let me know how to solve this issue

:)

trialbyerror, Oct 27, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Get logged out of all my accounts on reboot after Windows update :(

Zakin, Oct 27, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Oct 27, 2020
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Get logged out of all my accounts on reboot after Windows update

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

Thema:

Get logged out of all my accounts on reboot after Windows update

1. Get logged out of all my accounts on reboot after Windows update - Similar Threads - logged accounts reboot

2. Logged out of my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logged out of my Microsoft account.: Hi, I've been logged out of Microsoft and cant remember my password.When I reset I have an option for an email, sms of call.I get the SMS code all okay however it then also needs a code from an alternative email address.The alternative email address I have recorded is no...
  3. Logged out of my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logged out of my Microsoft account.: Hi, I've been logged out of Microsoft and cant remember my password.When I reset I have an option for an email, sms of call.I get the SMS code all okay however it then also needs a code from an alternative email address.The alternative email address I have recorded is no...
  4. Logged out of my Microsoft account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Constantly getting logged out of Microsoft accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Constantly getting logged out of Microsoft accounts: It seemsthat I cannot stay logged into MS accounts for more than a week or two. Afterthat, I’m logged out and I have to provide my email and password. It is quiteirritating. Does thishappen to everybody and can it be fixed? Servicesand apps where this is happening:...
  6. Reboot logs me out of Chrome and all Adobe apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reboot logs me out of Chrome and all Adobe apps: for at least the third time a Windows update this one is version 20H2 signs me out of Chrome and Adobe apps after every reboot. This is EXTREMELY frustrating and time consuming. Please FIX THIS PROBLEM, it is common and I am not the only one....
  7. Getting logged out of all my accounts on reboot after Windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Getting logged out of all my accounts on reboot after Windows update: After a recent Windows 10 update, each time I shut down my computer, I get logged out, despite saving my account information and password, enabling stay signed in option, verifying my Microsoft account etc. So every time I boot my computer, I am required to log in to all my...
  8. Logged out of all accounts since recent update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Logged out of all accounts since recent update: Since installing the most recent update, whenever my PC starts up I have to login to all of my accounts manually, one by one. These include: Microsoft Office, Adobe, Chrome, Slack, Trello etc. (basically everything). None of the autofill features work either. This happens...
  9. Multiple Accounts Logging Out After Windows 2004 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple Accounts Logging Out After Windows 2004 Update: Hi, My windows is signing out of multiple applications after recent 2004 update. Whenever I restart, OneDrive prompts to sign in and edge browser doesn't remember my Gmail login. I have to login multiple places again after restart. Can anyone help please? Please let me know...
  10. After update, windows consistently logs me out if all of my accounts when I exit.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After update, windows consistently logs me out if all of my accounts when I exit.: Twitch, YouTube, Gmail, all get signed out when I exit the site. This was only after the update. It's really annoying be cafe of Twitch double authentication login. It didn't used to be like this, and I have not changed any major cookie settings, which are usually pretty...