Windows 10: Get message "mail server rejected the message". when trying to send email through Windows...

Discus and support Get message "mail server rejected the message". when trying to send email through Windows... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been using Windows Live Mail for 20 years but now cant send emails. Get message "Mail server rejected the message" each try. My TPG Post Office... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RaymondJarrett, May 4, 2021.

1. Get message "mail server rejected the message". when trying to send email through Windows...

I've been using Windows Live Mail for 20 years but now cant send emails. Get message "Mail server rejected the message" each try. My TPG Post Office works OK so problem with Windows Live Mail which I prefer to use.PLEASE HELP a technically deficient 77 yo. THANKS.

:)

RaymondJarrett, May 4, 2021
  2. Joe Men Win User

Lumia 950 receiving email fine, but cannot send messages

Hello,
    Alex

The Outgoing SMTP mail server port number depends on the your email service provider. We recommend that you contact your service provider and request for the incoming and outgoing mail server settings.

Remove the account that you're having issues sending messages, and add the account to your phone using the steps below.

Presuming that you have removed the email account you're having issues sending messages:

• Launch the Outlook Mail app.
    • Tap Add account.
    • Tap Advanced setup.
    • Tap Internet email.
    • Enter your email account credentials.
    • Tap the Sign in button.
    Let us know what happens after adding your email using the suggested steps.

Joe Men, May 4, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    How to stop Sys Admin from Bouncing messages - Outlook 2010 / Gmail

Can you address it using bcc: ? That way each recipient's mail server would only see it as being addressed to a single recipient, not the entire mailing list. May help to stop their Sys Admin rejecting it as spam.

Bree, May 4, 2021
  4. ¡Firedog Win User

Get message "mail server rejected the message". when trying to send email through Windows...

Windows Mail will not send but will receive emails

Check your settings: right-click on the account name in the folder pane and select
    Properties.

• On the Servers tab

• Ensure that the Email username is your full email address
      • Ensure that Log on using clear text authentication is selected

• Ensure that My server requires authentication is selected
    • Click Apply and
      OK

Remove any unsent messages from the outbox (below the account folders in the folder pane), then compose a new test message with a unique subject and send it to yourself. Post any new error message in your reply.

[Note that Windows Live Mail is not the same as Windows Mail. The error message suggests that you're still on Vista using its inbuilt mail program. Your question has been moved to the right forum assuming that that is the case.]

¡Firedog, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Get message "mail server rejected the message". when trying to send email through Windows...

1. Get message "mail server rejected the message". when trying to send email through Windows... - Similar Threads - message mail server

2. when I send an email, I get an email that the message is blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when I send an email, I get an email that the message is blocked: when I send an email, I get an email that the message is blockedGhhhgggg* Moved from Skype. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-send-an-email-i-get-an-email-that-the/6fc3ba68-df5d-454e-a623-1600d99426d8
  3. when I send an email, I get an email that the message is blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when I send an email, I get an email that the message is blocked: when I send an email, I get an email that the message is blockedGhhhgggg* Moved from Skype. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-send-an-email-i-get-an-email-that-the/6fc3ba68-df5d-454e-a623-1600d99426d8
  4. can't send emails with Windows Live Mail but getting sent messages

can't send emails with Windows Live Mail but getting sent messages: Can't send emails using Windows Live Mail, windows 7but receiving emails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-send-emails-with-windows-live-mail-but/0563d47d-4a9e-46ab-a115-f9bf58f32041
  5. can't send emails with Windows Live Mail but getting sent messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't send emails with Windows Live Mail but getting sent messages: Can't send emails using Windows Live Mail, windows 7but receiving emails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-send-emails-with-windows-live-mail-but/0563d47d-4a9e-46ab-a115-f9bf58f32041
  6. Live Mail unable to send messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Live Mail unable to send messages: I have Windows 7 on my desktop and use Windows Live Mail. I receive messages, but recently I have been unable to send messages. I get the following error message: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test' Server: 'promail.ptd.net' Windows Live Mail Error ID:...
  7. Live Mail unable to send messages

Live Mail unable to send messages: I have Windows 7 on my desktop and use Windows Live Mail. I receive messages, but recently I have been unable to send messages. I get the following error message: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test' Server: 'promail.ptd.net' Windows Live Mail Error ID:...
  8. Error message when sending email

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error message when sending email: When sending a reply email I receive the following message "There was an error sending your message. Dismiss" How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-when-sending-email/cad271f2-4740-49fb-acdd-68fe9df2a098
  9. draft message when i'm sending messages

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    draft message when i'm sending messages: how could i fix the problem i'm having when i send messages back to anybody and it says draft on the message board and my message don't go thru thanks...
  10. Sending Email - continually get the messages sending or still working on it

Sending Email - continually get the messages sending or still working on it: Since 28 February when I send an email the email is sent to the recipient but accessing the email displays the dots across the top of the screen and I get the message 'sending' or 'working on it'. The email is in sent not the outbox . I cannot reply/reply all or forward...