Windows 10: get message "Windows defender antivirus is turned off and is currently being managed by...

Discus and support get message "Windows defender antivirus is turned off and is currently being managed by... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; As it states above I have notification telling me Windows defender anti-virus is turned off but I cannot change this because my system admin is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FireFelix, Nov 16, 2018.

1. FireFelix Win User

get message "Windows defender antivirus is turned off and is currently being managed by...

As it states above I have notification telling me Windows defender anti-virus is turned off but I cannot change this because my system admin is blocking me. This is on my private laptop and I am the system admin. I'm not part of an organisation.

:)

FireFelix, Nov 16, 2018
  2. tummyache Win User

"Windows Defender Antivirus is turned off and is currently being managed by your system administrator"

I have been getting a notification for the past couple of days. It reads "Windows Defender Antivirus is turned off and is currently being managed by your system administrator" The grey button that says Turn On Now right beside this message is greyed out.
    How do I fix this? Why am I not the system administrator? Weird stuff. Can someone please help me. Lynn

* Original title: windows 10 - Antivirus

tummyache, Nov 16, 2018
  3. afornal Win User
    Defender AntiVirus

There are 4 options under Defender. Two refer to AntiVirus; AntiVirus Network Inspection Service & AntiVirus Services. Under Startup Type these two are listed as manual and the Status column said Inspection Service is running. When I clicked on the Start
    button in Properties, I got an immediate message: "Win.. Def.. Anti.. Serv.. on local comp.. started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

afornal, Nov 16, 2018
  4. get message "Windows defender antivirus is turned off and is currently being managed by...

Can't turn on Windows Defender Antivirus

After freshly installing Windows 10 N and doing a few initial restarts to finish all updates, I cannot turn Windows Defender on anymore. After pressing "Turn on now" under Security and Maintenance at Virus protection, I get this message:

Security and Maintenance can't turn on Windows Defender Antivirus. Please try again later.

I tried disabling the "Turn off Windows Defender Antivirus" in policy editor, but that did not solve the problem. I also can't even open the Windows Defender Security Centre and I haven't installed any other antivirus.

Hyperion101, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

get message "Windows defender antivirus is turned off and is currently being managed by...

1. get message "Windows defender antivirus is turned off and is currently being managed by... - Similar Threads - message defender antivirus

2. Microsoft Defender Antivirus turned off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus turned off: I don't have the option to enable Microsoft Defender Antivirus in my Windows Security settings.I've poked around on the internet and nothing has yielded results. I've gone through and given it a scan with Malwarebytes, made sure that security settings are enabled in the...
  3. Microsoft Defender Antivirus turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus turned off: I don't have the option to enable Microsoft Defender Antivirus in my Windows Security settings.I've poked around on the internet and nothing has yielded results. I've gone through and given it a scan with Malwarebytes, made sure that security settings are enabled in the...
  4. Microsoft Defender Antivirus turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. get a message to turn on windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    get a message to turn on windows defender: so now i'm getting a notice to turn on windows defender when i click it i get another message page not available but i'm the admin and sign in as admin. so in looking at the security page i don't see antivirus in there but i do see defender and it is turned on. so anyone know...
  6. get a message to turn on windows defender

in Windows 10 Support
    get a message to turn on windows defender: so now i'm getting a notice to turn on windows defender when i click it i get another message page not available but i'm the admin and sign in as admin. so in looking at the security page i don't see antivirus in there but i do see defender and it is turned on. so anyone know...
  7. Windows Defender Turned off Trend Micro Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Turned off Trend Micro Antivirus: What's going on here? Microsoft Defender, I suspect after a minor Windows update, turned off Trend Micro Antivirus. I have Trend Micro and IObit malware defender installed. NOTE: I had to choose a series of topics, and beyond Defender, none of them are even remotely...
  8. HELP : Windows defender is turned off and is currently managed by your administrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP : Windows defender is turned off and is currently managed by your administrator: So I just noticed that windows defender wasn't showing up in the icon tray, so I headed over to the defender application manually and the above mentioned statement pops up. I can't even seem to check windows for updates, it says some kind of an error. Please help.....
  9. Windows defender antivirus and AVG Antivirus are both turned off.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender antivirus and AVG Antivirus are both turned off.: I just got a notifications that says "Windows defender antivirus and AVG Antivirus are both turned off. " When I go into Virus & threat protection its says that my virus and threat protection is managed by my organization. Which is not possible cause its my pc at home which...
  10. Turn On or Off Tamper Protection for Windows Defender Antivirus

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Tamper Protection for Windows Defender Antivirus: How to: Turn On or Off Tamper Protection for Windows Defender Antivirus How to Turn On or Off Tamper Protection for Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 18305, Microsoft introduced Tamper Protection. Tamper Protection is a new...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender antivirus is turned off and currently being managed

2. windows defender antivirus is turned off and is currently being managed by system administrator?

3. virus is protected bymy organisation windows defender stoopped

4. windows defender antivius is turned off and is currently being managed by your system administrator,
  5. windows defender message Virus Protection Windows defender is turned off and is currently being managed by your system administrator.,
  6. my computer says virus protection is being handled by my system administrator but I do not have a system administrator?,
  7. window defender is turned off and being managed by your administrator,
  8. win 10 antivirus turned off message,
  9. Windows defender antivirus is turned off and is currently being managed by your system administrator,
  10. windows defender is turned off and currently managed by system administrator in windows 8,
  11. does windows defender is turned off and currently being managed by your system administrator mean,
  12. what does it mean when my windows defender antivirus is currently being managed by my system administrator,
  13. windows defender antivirus is turned off and is currently being managed by,
  14. windows defender is currenlty turned off and is being managed by your administartor