Windows 10: "Get Microsoft Edge on your phone" harassment popups

Discus and support "Get Microsoft Edge on your phone" harassment popups in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Micro$oft has taken up a new habit of begging me to put Edge on my phone - with popups showing up pretty much every day. I don't WANT to put Edge on... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Oldsmagnet, Nov 15, 2018.

1. "Get Microsoft Edge on your phone" harassment popups

Micro$oft has taken up a new habit of begging me to put Edge on my phone - with popups showing up pretty much every day. I don't WANT to put Edge on my phone. I DON'T EVEN WANT EDGE ON MY COMPUTER!

HOW do I make it stop harassing me about this???

:)

Oldsmagnet, Nov 15, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 15, 2018
  3. Microsoft Edge..

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps if you are using Microsoft edge in MSN home page for changing your current location and check if it helps.

• Open edge browser login to msn.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to settings, then under “market and language” and “home location” option change your current location and check whether it shows correct.
    If you are using bing.com through edge browser then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• Open edge browser login to bing.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to “region” option and click on “change your region” link.
    • Then select your country it will take your location.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 15, 2018
  4. "Get Microsoft Edge on your phone" harassment popups

microsoft edge

Hi Navid,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try restarting Microsoft Edge Browser and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Open task manager right click on Microsoft Edge and go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click end task

• Restart your Computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

"Get Microsoft Edge on your phone" harassment popups

1. "Get Microsoft Edge on your phone" harassment popups - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge phone

2. Microsoft Edge popup

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge popup: Every so often, I get a popup message on my PC with a Microsoft Edge logo, telling me things like "Pin your favorite sites", with the choices "Pin Now" and "Later". How can I eliminate these popups? If that cannot be done, I would like to remove Microsoft Edge from my system....
  3. Your Phone app stuck on 'sign into edge'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone app stuck on 'sign into edge': On boot Your Phone app launches. on first screen - choose iphone next screen @60% - sign into MS account using Edge. Open Edge, account is already signed in. There isn't a dropdown under account name to signout and in again in Edge. Tried closing Edge and reloading. Tried...
  4. Prevent the popup "Get the new Microsoft Edge"

in Browsers and Email
    Prevent the popup "Get the new Microsoft Edge": I have Microsoft Edge and I do use it. However my default browser is Firefox. Every day when I first open Firefox I get a popup saying "Get the new Microsoft Edge". A common suggested solution is to turn off 'get tips, tricks and suggestions as you use Windows'; however, this...
  5. Prevent the popup "Get the new Microsoft Edge"

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent the popup "Get the new Microsoft Edge": I have Microsoft Edge and I do use it. However my default browser is Firefox. Every day when I first open Firefox I get a popup saying "Get the new Microsoft Edge". A common suggested solution is to turn off 'get tips, tricks and suggestions as you use Windows'; however, this...
  6. Microsoft edge phone app

Microsoft edge phone app: Can I answer my cellphone on my PC using microsoft phone app "MY PHONE"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-phone-app/fe494f9c-ddb9-42e5-b187-9cd40064d857
  7. Microsoft Your Phone and headsets

Microsoft Your Phone and headsets: I have a Microsoft LiveChat LX-6000 headset USB which is set as my default communications device, but I am unable to get the Your Phone app to use the headset speakers, although the mic works fine. The app does not appear in "app volume - device preferences" and the app...
  8. Getting your sites ready for the new Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Getting your sites ready for the new Microsoft Edge: This morning, we released Microsoft Edge Beta version 79, which is the final Beta before the new Microsoft Edge is generally available, also known as the “Release Candidate.” On January 15th, we expect to release the “Stable” channel, at which point Microsoft Edge will be...
  9. Microsoft Edge and Continuum: Your desktop browser on a phone

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge and Continuum: Your desktop browser on a phone: Continuum for Phones, available on select Windows 10 Mobile devices, allows customers to connect their phone to a monitor, projector, or TV for a full-sized desktop experience, powered by their phone. Because Microsoft Edge is built on the Universal Windows Platform,...
  10. Get more out of your battery with Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Get more out of your battery with Microsoft Edge: rjrxOOfi54k Using a power efficient browser is one of the best ways to get more out of your PC or tablet – whether you’re checking email, shopping online, playing games, or watching movies. Today’s laptops and tablets last longer than ever, thanks to major advances in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. popups for youve got a message on your phone

2. should i get mirosoft edge on my phone