Windows 10: Get more out of your battery with Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Get more out of your battery with Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; rjrxOOfi54k Using a power efficient browser is one of the best ways to get more out of your PC or tablet – whether you’re checking email, shopping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Get more out of your battery with Microsoft Edge

Source: Get more out of your battery with Microsoft Edge | Windows Experience Blog

:)

Brink, Jun 19, 2016
  2. john8400 Win User

Get the most out of your N95 battery

1) To stop WLAN scanning

With Active Standby off:

Go to Tools - Settings -> Connections -> Wireless LAN

Set "Show WLAN Availability" to never.

With active Standby on :

Click on the WLAN icon on the front/main screen and select "WLAN scanning off"

2) Automatic Keyguard:

Go to Tools > Settings -> General -> Security

(lost the will to live yet....? Get more out of your battery with Microsoft Edge ;)

Click on Phone & SIM Card -> Keypad autolock period -> User defined - type the length of time you want. 1 minute works fine for me.

(I wish I knew who decides the menu layouts....)

Further down in the same group is "Lock keys if slide closed" which I assume you have set "on"

Another way to lock keys (or change profiles) is a "short" press on the power button.

"Short" means about half a second - just click the power button.

You'll get a menu -> "switch off - all your profiles - lock phone- remove memory card". You can even scroll through them by short presses of the power button. A long press selects the action you want.

3) Another trick I just picked up today Get more out of your battery with Microsoft Edge :) -

When using Maps:

If you have all the maps you need already downloaded on the memory card, then inside the Maps application go to "settings" -> network, set "Use network" to "Never".

The Maps application always checks for map updates in case there is a better route available. Nice. But if you are confident that the map is up to date and don't care so much about updates, you can do this change. (Let's face it, you're probably going to notice
    a new road anywhere you go frequently....) It saves battery, time and data traffic costs.

john8400, Jun 19, 2016
  3. tomp54321 Win User
    Get the most out of your N95 battery

2) Stop scanning for WLAN networks in the background.

Can you confirm how to do this?

4) Make sure automatic keyguard is on. Set a time out of 1 minute or less. When you finish using something, close the slider, and go back to the standby screen so that automatic keyguard actually has a chance to lock... That way you won't somehow accidentally
    switch something on when the phone is in your pocket.

How can i change the automatic key guard locking time?

Also how can I lock the keypad wthout opening and shutting again?

tomp54321, Jun 19, 2016
  4. Get more out of your battery with Microsoft Edge

What a storm in a teacup this article caused today in SA! Most of it based on all sorts of perceptions about MS Edge and how Edge compares to other Browsers.

Geoff Daniell, Jun 20, 2016
Thema:

Get more out of your battery with Microsoft Edge

1. Get more out of your battery with Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - more battery Microsoft

2. Microsoft Edge Greyed out!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge Greyed out!: Although my laptop is running pretty smoothly I like to do regular maintenance. I only use the Edge browser and I haven't got another one. I was looking in my apps and features, and noticed the Microsoft Edge is greyed out. I think you can normally click on repair if it is...
  3. Get even more out of windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Get even more out of windows: what is this? If I go ahead with this, will I face problems? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-even-more-out-of-windows/05207769-26b5-434e-ba49-88fc00a916de
  4. Microsoft Edge finally gets Extensions sync and more with latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge finally gets Extensions sync and more with latest update: If you are sporting the new Microsoft Edge, it’s time to download another Stable Channel update. This time, coming in at version 83.0.478.37, the latest release brings an array of new features including extension sync across devices, the ability to exempt certain cookies, and...
  5. Get Even More Out Of Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Get Even More Out Of Windows: Does anyone know how to disable this? Its seriously annoying, because it's interrupting the power up of PC that's under remote control to power up! And of course it doesn't. The PC has the latest Windows updates, and is Windows 10 Pro machine. We have tried several of the...
  6. Getting your sites ready for the new Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Getting your sites ready for the new Microsoft Edge: This morning, we released Microsoft Edge Beta version 79, which is the final Beta before the new Microsoft Edge is generally available, also known as the “Release Candidate.” On January 15th, we expect to release the “Stable” channel, at which point Microsoft Edge will be...
  7. "Get Microsoft Edge on your phone" harassment popups

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "Get Microsoft Edge on your phone" harassment popups: Micro$oft has taken up a new habit of begging me to put Edge on my phone - with popups showing up pretty much every day. I don't WANT to put Edge on my phone. I DON'T EVEN WANT EDGE ON MY COMPUTER! HOW do I make it stop harassing me about this???...
  8. Windows 10’s Microsoft Edge is more battery friendly than Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s Microsoft Edge is more battery friendly than Chrome: Microsoft Edge, Windows 10’s latest default web browser, and the successor to the company’s Internet Explorer web browser is still struggling to improve its market share since it first appeared on PCs in 2015. The Internet Explorer has been usurped by the Edge browser but it...
  9. Microsoft Edge now gets even more out of your battery

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge now gets even more out of your battery: Back in June, we shared a look at Microsoft Edge’s industry-leading efficiency, which allows Microsoft Edge users to rely on more battery life than the other browsers we tested. With the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, we made a number of additional improvements to make...
  10. Microsoft Pushing More Engineers to Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Pushing More Engineers to Edge: Avast looks nasty for me.. (The anti-virus) But how good is the Avast secure Browser? :P can you run it on Linux to? xD