Windows 10: Get-mpcomputerstatus throwing error

Discus and support Get-mpcomputerstatus throwing error in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, When I am trying to get result from powershell command "Get-MpComputerStatus" it is throwing below error: [ATTACH] I have checked the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sushil Verma, May 15, 2019.

1. Get-mpcomputerstatus throwing error

Hi,

When I am trying to get result from powershell command "Get-MpComputerStatus" it is throwing below error:

Get-mpcomputerstatus throwing error cbf74e5d-bcef-4411-abaa-5aa484edb8d9?upload=true.png

I have checked the WinDefend service it is in started status. Checked event logs it is showing caused due to unknown error.

OS edition : Windows 7 Enterprise

Version : 1709

OS build : 16299.1087

Please help to solve this issue.

:)

Sushil Verma, May 15, 2019
  2. Berton Win User

Why does Powershell return an error for Get-MpComputerStatus ?

Works fine for me using PowerShell as Admin on latest Win10 with Windows Defender running.

Get-mpcomputerstatus throwing error [​IMG]

Berton, May 15, 2019
  3. Why does Powershell return an error for Get-MpComputerStatus ?

Instead it returns
    "Get-MpComputerStatus : The extrinsic Method could not be executed. at line:1 char:1
    + Get-MpComputerStatus
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + Categorylnfo : MetadataError: (MSFT_HpComputerStatus:ROOT\Microsoft\...pComputerStatus) [Get-MpComputer Status], CimException
    + FullyQualiFiedErrorId : MI RESULT 16,6et-MpComputerStatus.

Sebastian42, May 15, 2019
  4. KieX Win User

Get-mpcomputerstatus throwing error

Error: No work available to process

Hmm. Either it's put out errors and WCG is limiting the work units available, or the project list may not be set to supply other WU when one runs out. (if the problem lies here and not on your end)

On the options to your left, if you go into Results Status, select the computer from Device Name and then look through results see if either they were returned late, errors or any other kind of issue that would stop the servers supplying WU from that perspective.

If there are no errors then it's maybe down to your project list. So selecting Device Manager from the left menu and then clicking on the profile assigned to that computer and make sure that it's assigned to receive WU for other projects if they run out.

At least those steps will rule out problems from the WCG end.

Thema:

Get-mpcomputerstatus throwing error

1. Get-mpcomputerstatus throwing error - Similar Threads - mpcomputerstatus throwing error

2. Ubuntu on WSL is not getting installed. Throws an error message. Used to work before, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ubuntu on WSL is not getting installed. Throws an error message. Used to work before, but...: Error msg :- WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102 Please enable the Virtual Machine Platform Windows feature and ensure virtualization is enabled in the BIOS.I've enabled virtualization in BIOS AMD SVM and also installed Virtual Machine Platforms feature. Did...
  3. microsoft.com website throwing error messages

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft.com website throwing error messages: I've been trying to shop for a Microsoft tablet or laptop on microsoft.com but keep getting error messages when I try to view some of the pages.For example, I've tried to access the page for the Surface Go 3 https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/d/surface-go-3/904h27d0cbwn on...
  4. BSoD throwing the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD throwing the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error: Hello, just yesterday I started getting BSoD throwing the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOATION error, and it was the same day that my apartment got the wifi upgraded, so it may be in relation to that. I've tried updating my ssd drivers, my wifi adapter drivers, my graphics drivers, and I...
  5. BSoD throwing the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD throwing the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error: Hello, just yesterday I started getting BSoD throwing the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOATION error, and it was the same day that my apartment got the wifi upgraded, so it may be in relation to that. I've tried updating my ssd drivers, my wifi adapter drivers, my graphics drivers, and I...
  6. Update KB5004945 gets to 100% installation progress, then proceeds to throw an error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update KB5004945 gets to 100% installation progress, then proceeds to throw an error: Edit: i forgot that this existed.I've tried to install this update like today but everytime it gets to 100% installation it just throws an error code 0x800f0984 and doesn't actually tell me why it couldn't install. I'm trying to get this installed on my system quickly...
  7. Windows 10 not getting updated. Throws error 0x800707e7 and shows Failed Attempt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 not getting updated. Throws error 0x800707e7 and shows Failed Attempt: My Windows 10 is stuck at version 1909 and is not able to update to any later versions. I have tried updating it via Windows Update and Microsoft Update Assistant as well but it just updates till 70% and then it rolls back. Message comes as 'Rolling Back to Earlier Version of...
  8. Excel 2010 throwing an error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Excel 2010 throwing an error: Hi. I've got excel 2010 installed on my windows 10 PC, and it opens and runs fine. The issue is when trying to open a saved doc, I get an error "This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with software publisher". I can open files if I open excel...
  9. Why does Powershell return an error for Get-MpComputerStatus ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does Powershell return an error for Get-MpComputerStatus ?: Instead it returns "Get-MpComputerStatus : The extrinsic Method could not be executed. at line:1 char:1 + Get-MpComputerStatus + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + Categorylnfo : MetadataError: (MSFT_HpComputerStatus:ROOT\Microsoft\...pComputerStatus) [Get-MpComputer Status],...
  10. Add printer throws an error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Add printer throws an error: I can click add device but just pressing "add printer" throws immediately the error 0x07e saying The specified module can not be found. *Huh This is upgrade from windows 7 but all together installed about 3 weeks ago so pretty new installation. 12549

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Get-MpComputerStatus : The extrinsic Method could not be executed.

2. get-mpcomputerstatus throwing error

3. FullyQualifiedErrorId : MI RESULT 16