Windows 10: Get-mpcomputerstatus throwing error

Discus and support Get-mpcomputerstatus throwing error in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, When I am trying to get result from powershell command "Get-MpComputerStatus" it is throwing below error: [ATTACH] I have checked the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sushil Verma, May 15, 2019 at 8:52 AM.

1. Get-mpcomputerstatus throwing error

Hi,

When I am trying to get result from powershell command "Get-MpComputerStatus" it is throwing below error:

Get-mpcomputerstatus throwing error cbf74e5d-bcef-4411-abaa-5aa484edb8d9?upload=true.png

I have checked the WinDefend service it is in started status. Checked event logs it is showing caused due to unknown error.

OS edition : Windows 7 Enterprise

Version : 1709

OS build : 16299.1087

Please help to solve this issue.

:)

Sushil Verma, May 15, 2019 at 8:52 AM
  2. Berton Win User

Why does Powershell return an error for Get-MpComputerStatus ?

Works fine for me using PowerShell as Admin on latest Win10 with Windows Defender running.

Get-mpcomputerstatus throwing error [​IMG]

3. Why does Powershell return an error for Get-MpComputerStatus ?

Instead it returns
    "Get-MpComputerStatus : The extrinsic Method could not be executed. at line:1 char:1
    + Get-MpComputerStatus
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + Categorylnfo : MetadataError: (MSFT_HpComputerStatus:ROOT\Microsoft\...pComputerStatus) [Get-MpComputer Status], CimException
    + FullyQualiFiedErrorId : MI RESULT 16,6et-MpComputerStatus.

4. KieX Win User

Get-mpcomputerstatus throwing error

Error: No work available to process

Hmm. Either it's put out errors and WCG is limiting the work units available, or the project list may not be set to supply other WU when one runs out. (if the problem lies here and not on your end)

On the options to your left, if you go into Results Status, select the computer from Device Name and then look through results see if either they were returned late, errors or any other kind of issue that would stop the servers supplying WU from that perspective.

If there are no errors then it's maybe down to your project list. So selecting Device Manager from the left menu and then clicking on the profile assigned to that computer and make sure that it's assigned to receive WU for other projects if they run out.

At least those steps will rule out problems from the WCG end.

Thema:

Get-mpcomputerstatus throwing error

1. Get-mpcomputerstatus throwing error - Similar Threads - mpcomputerstatus throwing error

2. Why does Powershell return an error for Get-MpComputerStatus ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does Powershell return an error for Get-MpComputerStatus ?: Instead it returns "Get-MpComputerStatus : The extrinsic Method could not be executed. at line:1 char:1 + Get-MpComputerStatus + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + Categorylnfo : MetadataError: (MSFT_HpComputerStatus:ROOT\Microsoft\...pComputerStatus) [Get-MpComputer Status],...
  3. Windows 2016 unattended installation throwing error "The selected disk space is not of type...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 2016 unattended installation throwing error "The selected disk space is not of type...: Hi all, I'm trying to install Windows 2016/Win 10 on a server using boot.wim and Unattended file. I have formatted the harddisk into two partitions, EFI partition with FAT32 and user partition with NTFS I'm keeping the uefi files and boot.wim in the EFI partition...
  4. Merely Toggling Bluetooth throws serious error. Update problem?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Merely Toggling Bluetooth throws serious error. Update problem?: Laptop running 1803, all updated. For the first time in years on this laptop, got a big bad error when merely demonstrating how the Bluetooth button in Notifications panel works. Cycled through On/Off twice and “Bam!”. Locked up, couldn’t restart successfully even in Safe...
  5. Keyboard Center software throws extraction error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Center software throws extraction error: Yes, I tried both 64 and 32 bit exe's. Do you have a recommendation? To run the installer in compatibility mode, first, right-click the installer and select Properties, select Compatibility tab, and choose the XP compatibility mode. If the OS is 64-bit, I would run the...
  6. USB Drive Caddy Throws Error During System Shutdown/Restart

USB Drive Caddy Throws Error During System Shutdown/Restart: Hey people! I've got an otherwise great dual SATA drive caddy, USB 3, made by ThermalTake, labeled SuperSpeed. It works just fine to let me use a single USB 3.0 cable to attach 1 or 2 drives to my system. My problem is that when I restart or shut down, the system comes back...
  7. paint 3d preview wont install throws error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    paint 3d preview wont install throws error: trying to install paint preview 3d but throws an error windows version 1607(os build 14931.1000) my regions set to united states [img] 68275
  8. Add printer throws an error

Add printer throws an error: I can click add device but just pressing "add printer" throws immediately the error 0x07e saying The specified module can not be found. *Huh This is upgrade from windows 7 but all together installed about 3 weeks ago so pretty new installation. 12549
  9. Throwing in the towel USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Throwing in the towel USB: did a search first but to no avail. My problem is I can create a bootable USB, but it is not recognized when booting PC. Updated mobo drivers from MFR's website. Did not update the BIOS. Not running in ACHI mode. PET set to 64-bit to match OS. Tried all USB...
  10. Renaming File Properties throws Error 0x80030070

in Windows 10 Support
    Renaming File Properties throws Error 0x80030070: Hello, I am Brandon. I have a lot of videos on my drive. Most of them are either .avi or .mp4 They are located on 2 TB+ external hard drives formatted as NTFS Each drive has at least 50+ GB left. I am trying to rename certain file properties so that the name of...