Windows 10: Get-Msoldevice is returning weird values for RegisteredOwners

Discus and support Get-Msoldevice is returning weird values for RegisteredOwners in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have run into a problem trying to export device information using Get-Msoldevice. I have tried the following two commands without success:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kris Poorman, Aug 13, 2019 at 3:38 PM.

1. Get-Msoldevice is returning weird values for RegisteredOwners

Hello,

I have run into a problem trying to export device information using Get-Msoldevice. I have tried the following two commands without success:

Get-MsolDevice -All -ReturnRegisteredOwners | Where-Object {$_.RegisteredOwners.Count -gt 0} | export-csv c:\users\username\desktop\devices.csv

This method wrote the value System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.String] in the RegisteredOwners property for every device exported.

Next I tried the following:

get-msoldevice -all -returnregisteredowners | select-object @{Name='RegisteredOwners';Expression={[string]::join(";", ($_.ResgisteredOwners))}} , DisplayName, DeviceOsType | export-csv c:\users\username\desktop\devices.csv

Unfortunately when attempting to use a join function, on the assumption that RegisteredOwners was a multiple value attribute, the value returns blank on the csv.

What can I try that will populate the desired field?

:)

Kris Poorman, Aug 13, 2019 at 3:38 PM

2. working fine in emulator but in device API returning NULL value

Hi All,

When i tested the below code works fine in emulator, But when i am testing in device the "InternetOpenUrl" API returning NULL value.

code:

{

HINTERNET hOpen = InternetOpen (L

"InetURL/1.0",INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PRECONFIG,NULL, NULL, 0);if ( !hOpen ){

AfxMessageBox(L"Failed to open WinInet");

return 0;

}

HINTERNET hOpenUrl = InternetOpenUrl(

hOpen,L"Google",

NULL,0,

INTERNET_FLAG_PRAGMA_NOCACHE|INTERNET_FLAG_KEEP_CONNECTION,

0);

if ( hOpenUrl ){

FILE *FilePointer = NULL;

TCHAR buffer[1024];

DWORD dwRead;

FilePointer = fopen("\\Temp\\Hello.txt",
    "a+");

while ( InternetReadFile( hOpenUrl, buffer, 500, &dwRead ) ){

if ( dwRead == 0 )

break;

buffer[dwRead] = 0;

if( FilePointer == NULL){

MessageBox(NULL, TEXT("Unable write data to file "), TEXT("Unable write data to file ") , NULL);

return -1;

}

fprintf(FilePointer, "%s", buffer);

fclose(FilePointer);

}

//}

}

return true;

}

When i am testing in emulator "InternetOpenUrl" API returning non-null value i.e its working fine. When i am trying to test in device(Windows mobile version 6.1) the API returning NULL value.

Please suggest me what is the problem?

FYI-:

1)I am using SDK 6.0

2)Device version "Windows mobile version 6.1"

Thanks,

Anand

return true;

}

When i am testing in emulator "InternetOpenUrl" API returning non-null value i.e its working fine. When i am trying to test in device(Windows mobile version 6.1) the API returning NULL value.

Please suggest me what is the problem?

FYI-:

1)I am using SDK 6.0

2)Device version "Windows mobile version 6.1"

Thanks,

Anand

3. Steve C Win User
    Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

4. gionix Win User

Get-Msoldevice is returning weird values for RegisteredOwners

registry return value

hello Champs,

I use one app to return a value in the browser in the following form:

the registry entry is now: "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" %1
    the result in the IE browser is: http://SR:123456789/

is it possible to change the registry entry so that it displays only 123456789, instead of http://SR:123456789/?

Thema:

Get-Msoldevice is returning weird values for RegisteredOwners

1. Get-Msoldevice is returning weird values for RegisteredOwners - Similar Threads - Msoldevice returning weird

2. I get an error of invalid value

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I get an error of invalid value: When I try to open my pictures I get an" Invalid value error" I didn't get it last week, how do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-an-error-of-invalid-value/518bc76d-963b-4b3f-beca-9e4c9499a602
  3. registry return value

in Windows 10 Customization
    registry return value: hello Champs, I use one app to return a value in the browser in the following form: the registry entry is now: "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" %1 the result in the IE browser is: http://SR:123456789/ is it possible to change the registry entry so that it...
  4. invalid value for registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    invalid value for registry: Please tell me why I can not view photos all it says is "invalid value for registry" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invalid-value-for-registry/9d9ae171-88f0-461c-afe1-2df866f2c3fa
  5. Hiding values in cells

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Hiding values in cells: Hi all, I have drawn a blank on how to hide cells that are empty, as in no data to display. I set up the formula and it calculates properly, but if it gets to an empty cell, it will continue to display the results from the previous cell all the way to the bottom of the sheet,...
  6. Paste Values shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Paste Values shortcut: Is there a shortcut for pasting values? I've used Ctrl+Alt+V, but that just brings up an options box where I can select values. I want a shortcut where it just performs the Paste Special Values function without bringing up the dialog box. Millions of others have this same...
  7. Why does Powershell return an error for Get-MpComputerStatus ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does Powershell return an error for Get-MpComputerStatus ?: Instead it returns "Get-MpComputerStatus : The extrinsic Method could not be executed. at line:1 char:1 + Get-MpComputerStatus + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + Categorylnfo : MetadataError: (MSFT_HpComputerStatus:ROOT\Microsoft\...pComputerStatus) [Get-MpComputer Status],...
  8. Weird keyboard problem - keys getting swapped

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird keyboard problem - keys getting swapped: This has happened a few times since I upgraded to Windows 10 at the end of October I will suddenly find that the @ key and the " key have swapped places. To get an ampersand I have to press Shift+quote (next to Enter key) and to get a double quote I have to press Shift+2....
  9. Help - Virgin media users in UK Ping returning weird message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help - Virgin media users in UK Ping returning weird message: Hi there Am in London this weekend at a friend's house. Using Virginmedia as ISP. Trying to reach a local computer redsquirrel Ping via IP address fine Ping via name : [jim@gudmundur ~]$ ping Redsquirrel PING Redsquirrel weird Ip address 56(84) bytes of data....
  10. weird symbol i cant get rid of

in Windows 10 Support
    weird symbol i cant get rid of: anyone had this and know how to get rid i tryed anti virus scan and malware and still nothing can remove it when i reboot it reappears about 2-3minutes later even when you click it doesnt respond to do anything 101240