Windows 10: Get-Msoldevice is returning weird values for RegisteredOwners

Discus and support Get-Msoldevice is returning weird values for RegisteredOwners in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have run into a problem trying to export device information using Get-Msoldevice. I have tried the following two commands without success:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kris Poorman, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Get-Msoldevice is returning weird values for RegisteredOwners

Hello,

I have run into a problem trying to export device information using Get-Msoldevice. I have tried the following two commands without success:

Get-MsolDevice -All -ReturnRegisteredOwners | Where-Object {$_.RegisteredOwners.Count -gt 0} | export-csv c:\users\username\desktop\devices.csv

This method wrote the value System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.String] in the RegisteredOwners property for every device exported.

Next I tried the following:

get-msoldevice -all -returnregisteredowners | select-object @{Name='RegisteredOwners';Expression={[string]::join(";", ($_.ResgisteredOwners))}} , DisplayName, DeviceOsType | export-csv c:\users\username\desktop\devices.csv

Unfortunately when attempting to use a join function, on the assumption that RegisteredOwners was a multiple value attribute, the value returns blank on the csv.

What can I try that will populate the desired field?

:)

Kris Poorman, Aug 13, 2019

2. working fine in emulator but in device API returning NULL value

Hi All,

When i tested the below code works fine in emulator, But when i am testing in device the "InternetOpenUrl" API returning NULL value.

code:

{

HINTERNET hOpen = InternetOpen (L

"InetURL/1.0",INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PRECONFIG,NULL, NULL, 0);if ( !hOpen ){

AfxMessageBox(L"Failed to open WinInet");

return 0;

}

HINTERNET hOpenUrl = InternetOpenUrl(

hOpen,L"Google",

NULL,0,

INTERNET_FLAG_PRAGMA_NOCACHE|INTERNET_FLAG_KEEP_CONNECTION,

0);

if ( hOpenUrl ){

FILE *FilePointer = NULL;

TCHAR buffer[1024];

DWORD dwRead;

FilePointer = fopen("\\Temp\\Hello.txt",
    "a+");

while ( InternetReadFile( hOpenUrl, buffer, 500, &dwRead ) ){

if ( dwRead == 0 )

break;

buffer[dwRead] = 0;

if( FilePointer == NULL){

MessageBox(NULL, TEXT("Unable write data to file "), TEXT("Unable write data to file ") , NULL);

return -1;

}

fprintf(FilePointer, "%s", buffer);

fclose(FilePointer);

}

//}

}

return true;

}

When i am testing in emulator "InternetOpenUrl" API returning non-null value i.e its working fine. When i am trying to test in device(Windows mobile version 6.1) the API returning NULL value.

Please suggest me what is the problem?

FYI-:

1)I am using SDK 6.0

2)Device version "Windows mobile version 6.1"

Thanks,

Anand

return true;

}

When i am testing in emulator "InternetOpenUrl" API returning non-null value i.e its working fine. When i am trying to test in device(Windows mobile version 6.1) the API returning NULL value.

Please suggest me what is the problem?

FYI-:

1)I am using SDK 6.0

2)Device version "Windows mobile version 6.1"

Thanks,

Anand

Hello Anand, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Steve C Win User
    Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Aug 13, 2019
  4. gionix Win User

Get-Msoldevice is returning weird values for RegisteredOwners

registry return value

hello Champs,

I use one app to return a value in the browser in the following form:

the registry entry is now: "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" %1
    the result in the IE browser is: http://SR:123456789/

is it possible to change the registry entry so that it displays only 123456789, instead of http://SR:123456789/?

gionix, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Get-Msoldevice is returning weird values for RegisteredOwners

1. Get-Msoldevice is returning weird values for RegisteredOwners - Similar Threads - Msoldevice returning weird

2. System sounds level constantly returns to the value of 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System sounds level constantly returns to the value of 100%: Hello.I' don't like loud system sounds. so I put their level to 25% while the overall volume is way much higher.Screenshot: https://prnt.sc/h6yDU4jixWuQBut sometimes maybe per 1-2 days the system sounds level revert to 100% and I need to lower it again and again. I don't like...
  3. ToolTipService.GetShowDuration return value

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ToolTipService.GetShowDuration return value: Hi all,with .NET Framework 4.8.1 the ToolTipService.GetShowDuration return value is int.MaxValue while with .NET Framework 4.8 the return value is 5000.What is this difference due to?...
  4. ToolTipService.GetShowDuration return value

ToolTipService.GetShowDuration return value: Hi all,with .NET Framework 4.8.1 the ToolTipService.GetShowDuration return value is int.MaxValue while with .NET Framework 4.8 the return value is 5000.What is this difference due to?...
  5. ToolTipService.GetShowDuration return value

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. nvidia-smi is returning wrong values.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    nvidia-smi is returning wrong values.: Hi Experts,So, I am working with nvidia-smi command to get Nvidia GPU power-cap value. It’s working fine for some of the laptops but, When I tried on some other set of laptops like Lenovo legion it is returning very weird values like below.Command: nvidia-smi...
  7. nvidia-smi is returning wrong values.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nvidia-smi is returning wrong values.: Hi Experts,So, I am working with nvidia-smi command to get Nvidia GPU power-cap value. It’s working fine for some of the laptops but, When I tried on some other set of laptops like Lenovo legion it is returning very weird values like below.Command: nvidia-smi...
  8. nvidia-smi is returning wrong values.

9. GetSystemMetricsSM_CMOUSEBUTTONS returning wrong value on Windows10 on RDP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GetSystemMetricsSM_CMOUSEBUTTONS returning wrong value on Windows10 on RDP: If we call the Windows GetSystemMetrics function to find the number of buttons of the installed mouse, it alwaysreturns 2 if the function is called from a Remote Desktop session. Our application needs 3 buttons to perform 3 different actions on graphic clients ILOG IlView...
  10. registry return value

in Windows 10 Customization
    registry return value: hello Champs, I use one app to return a value in the browser in the following form: the registry entry is now: "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" %1 the result in the IE browser is: http://SR:123456789/ is it possible to change the registry entry so that it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Get-MSOLDevice dirsyncenabled blank null#

2. get-msoldevice registeredowners empty

3. Get-MsolDevice OsType Windows

4. get msoldevice registered pending,
  5. ReturnRegisteredOwners csv,
  6. registeredowners get-msoldevice not working with export-csv,
  7. get-msoldevice select,
  8. get first registeredowners get-msoldevice