Windows 10: Get my files OFF of OneDrive!!!

Discus and support Get my files OFF of OneDrive!!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I've been trying to move my files between harddrives and every time I move something, OneDrive has to sync all over again. I want to stop the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AzimShariff, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Get my files OFF of OneDrive!!!

Hi,

I've been trying to move my files between harddrives and every time I move something, OneDrive has to sync all over again. I want to stop the syncing.

This led me to the steps to "stop backing up" in OneDrive but it seems that this keeps everything on onedrive and removes it from my PC. That is NOT what I want.

Is there no way to get my files back from OneDrive?

:)

AzimShariff, Sep 22, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Get my files OFF of OneDrive!!!

Utilities that I run can no longer automatically save files to my OneDrive

Hi Alan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To set OneDrive as your default location to save your documents and files, follow the below steps.

1. Click on the OneDrive icon from the Taskbar area > Click on the menu button (three-dots) on the top-right corner > Click on
      Settings > Go to the Auto Save tab.
    2. Using the drop-down menu, select OneDrive for
      Desktop
      , Documents, and Pictures and click on
      OK.
    3. Once you complete the above steps, restart the computer once and try saving the files generated from utilities and check if it is saving in
      C:\Users\myname\OneDrive\Documents folder.

If you are still facing the same issue, then I suggest you to contact OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue by following the below steps.

• Login to
      https://onedrive.com/
    • Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    • Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Shafeeq_Khan, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

Get my files OFF of OneDrive!!!

1. Get my files OFF of OneDrive!!! - Similar Threads - files OFF OneDrive

2. How do I get my files back from onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get my files back from onedrive: This is idiotic. All my files have moved to onedrive and I WANT THEM BACK ON MY PC. How do I unscrew my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-files-back-from-onedrive/9ee9e01b-afc3-4a2d-be54-401d4e44cc61
  3. How do I keep files off onedrive

How do I keep files off onedrive: I keep getting messages saying onedrive is full. And I keep moving files to folders on my C drive. BUT THEY KEEP SHOWING UP. How do I stop this? There are many files I want on my PC, which I DO NOT want on onedrive. Period. This is getting to be a real pain. If it comes...
  4. My OneDrive files are not indexed

My OneDrive files are not indexed: I have tried to get my OneDrive indexed but Windows can't even find it to manually specify that it should be indexed. Google Drive and Box can be indexed but OneDrive is invisible to all versions of Windows 10 I have worked with for the last two years. That makes OneDrive...
  5. Getting files from a previous OneDrive

Getting files from a previous OneDrive: My old laptop froze up a few weeks ago and I have tried to reactivate it with no luck. But I really only need the OneDrive files that I had with this old laptop. I don't know how to access the old OneDrive files in my new OneDrive with my new laptop. Can anyone help?...
  6. Files get missing while transferring to OneDrive

Files get missing while transferring to OneDrive: I don’t understand why but my files are missing. It occurred when I was moving them from the desktop to OneDrive and enabled folder protection. Something went wrong and they disappeared and weren’t saved on OneDrive. I cannot find them, even recovery tool doesn’t help....
  7. Onedrive moving my files

Onedrive moving my files: I'm new to window and having trouble with onedrive. I've looked at the settings for Onedrive and can't figure out how to arrange what I want: Store my files locally Have Onedrive copy and back up my local files without interfering with...
  8. How do I get my pictures off of the full onedrive to my hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my pictures off of the full onedrive to my hard drive?: On my new computer I loaded my pictures. Now it says onedrive is full. I have a terabyte of hard drive. How do I get them to my hard drive? I was on the phone with Microsoft and the rep took me around in circles for an hour. I have been trying to resolve this for several...
  9. Turn On or Off OneDrive Fetch Files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off OneDrive Fetch Files in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off OneDrive Fetch Files in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off OneDrive Fetch Files on your PC in Windows 10 [img] Information OneDrive is a cloud-based storage service where you can view, browse, upload, and share the files you saved online to...
  10. Turn On or Off OneDrive Files On-Demand in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off OneDrive Files On-Demand in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off OneDrive Files On-Demand in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off OneDrive Files On-Demand in Windows 10 At Build 2017, Joe Belfiore announced that the new OneDrive Files On-Demand feature will be delivered with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update....