Windows 10: Get network access in VM using VPN

Discus and support Get network access in VM using VPN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Anyway to configure a VM similar to the way Windows 7 did it? Currently we use hyper-v, but the VM will not run if used on a VPN. It has to be used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jrisebo, Sep 10, 2018.

1. jrisebo Win User

Get network access in VM using VPN

Anyway to configure a VM similar to the way Windows 7 did it? Currently we use hyper-v, but the VM will not run if used on a VPN. It has to be used without logging into the VPN, but then we dont get network access. Windows 7 did it perfect, but not windows 10. Any suggestions?

:)

jrisebo, Sep 10, 2018
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Sep 10, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Get network access in VM using VPN :D

P4-630, Sep 10, 2018
  4. ryley2637 Win User

Can't Ping VPN Server or Access Shares While Using VPN

I've been dealing with this issue for hours now and have tried everything I can think of. I have a Windows 10 Home PC that I have an incoming VPN connection on. I can connect to it, but if the firewall is enabled, I can't ping it or access the shares. If I turn the firewall off I CAN ping and access shares. It was working fine yesterday and I don't remember doing anything to cause this. I've tracked it down to being something with my Public networks. When I disable the firewall on public networks (the VPN adapter) I can ping, but once I enable that it stops pinging. I've tried everything listed below but still can't get it to work:

• Checked port 1723 is open
    • Allowed EVERYTHING with a firewall rule, through it
    • Checked multiple devices on another Wi-Fi network and 3G with a phone
    • Restarted PC; other devices and router
    • I can ping every other device on my network besides the one creating the VPN (which is the one I need)
    • and so many other steps.
    • Made sure file and printer sharing were enabled in network and sharing center

Is there some other rule that got removed from the firewall I need to re-add? Any help or tips would be appreciated!

ryley2637, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Get network access in VM using VPN - Similar Threads - network access using

2. How do I get network and internet access to a Hyper-V VM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get network and internet access to a Hyper-V VM?: I've been trying to create a Hyper-V VM server on my computer. The server runs Ubuntu Server. I want it to have a have a connection to the internet and be accessible to the local network. I have some experience with virtual machines but have never gone far into the weeds of...
  3. How do I get network and internet access to a Hyper-V VM?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get network and internet access to a Hyper-V VM?: I've been trying to create a Hyper-V VM server on my computer. The server runs Ubuntu Server. I want it to have a have a connection to the internet and be accessible to the local network. I have some experience with virtual machines but have never gone far into the weeds of...
  4. How do I get network and internet access to a Hyper-V VM?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. VPN Connects but cannot access remote network.

VPN Connects but cannot access remote network.: I am connecting to a remote network via VPN. I can make the connection but cannot access the remote's local network even though I have allowed access on the Server's Incoming setting. The login account has read/write permissions to the local shares. Both Remote and Client...
  6. Hyper-V VM is not able to access its network?

Hyper-V VM is not able to access its network?: I have created Windows 10 VM under a Windows 10 host. The VM was created using just the preconfigured "Windows 10 Dev Environment" template. It used to work before, but something changed, and now it's not working. Looking at the VM settings, it shows that the VM is configured...
  7. Temporary Network setup to use VPN's for meeting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temporary Network setup to use VPN's for meeting: I wondered if anyone could offer a better way. Or at confirm that this arrangement will work as we have it. For a one-time meeting off site, we need to connect about 25-30 people to the internet with enough access to run their VPN's connected back to the main office for...
  8. Unable to access Microsoft Store using VPN

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to access Microsoft Store using VPN: I use VPN to get access to the Internet but I cannot access MS Store and save downloaded files. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-access-microsoft-store-using-vpn/aed61441-28a6-4705-a0ef-71656b7d74b5"
  9. Can't Ping VPN Server or Access Shares While Using VPN

Can't Ping VPN Server or Access Shares While Using VPN: I've been dealing with this issue for hours now and have tried everything I can think of. I have a Windows 10 Home PC that I have an incoming VPN connection on. I can connect to it, but if the firewall is enabled, I can't ping it or access the shares. If I turn the firewall...
  10. How to get on internal network to VPN to a client

How to get on internal network to VPN to a client: I am looking for ways besides RDP to have employees connect to my work's internal network at another location so that they can VPN to one of their client's. The VPN connection only works from the internal network as their Sonicwall configuration is setup to allow it through...