Windows 10: Get Notification of Attribute ChangesFile Delete and Rename of NTFS Partition

Discus and support Get Notification of Attribute ChangesFile Delete and Rename of NTFS Partition in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I need to get notification when the folders/files change in a NTFS partition. I have found API FindFirstChangeNotification for folder change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RajaMohan23, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Get Notification of Attribute ChangesFile Delete and Rename of NTFS Partition

Hello,

I need to get notification when the folders/files change in a NTFS partition. I have found API FindFirstChangeNotification for folder change notification, but i need get notification for entire partition rather than particular folder.

Best Regards,

Raja.

:)

RajaMohan23, Oct 4, 2020
  2. FX-GMC Win User

Move Win7 64 image from a partition NTFS to a new drive

EDIT: After reading your first post again, is there any reason that you would now need GPT? Are you just trying to move the windows install to a new disk or is there a new motherboard involved?

If you are already booting to an NTFS partition, then it makes me wonder if after copying to the new drive, the partition isn't getting marked as Active.

Following the same steps I posted above for startup repair, you can get to a command prompt and use diskpart to see if this is the case.

Code: In the command prompt: diskpart list disk select disk 0 (disk number may be different if you have other disks connected.) list partition select partition 0 (partition number number may vary, but you want to see the boot partition which is the same as your windows partition according to the screenshot on the OP) detail partition (This should have Active: Yes or No. If it says no, since we have the partition selected, you can just use the following command in diskpart) active[/quote]

FX-GMC, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Install Windows 10 without deleting all previous partitions on the harddisk.

I was trying to install windows 10 in my Asus X441N which has no lagacy boot option so I had to install it in UEFI mode. In the setup I selected an unalocated space of 100GiB and pressed next and it created three partition (Windows, System, Recovery) then
    complained about the boot order of the partitions it just created itself Get Notification of Attribute ChangesFile Delete and Rename of NTFS Partition :( (why it would do that?). I choosed to continue ignoring the complain then the instalation started and a window popped up showing error that it detected the EFI partition(The System
    partition it just created in the previous step) was NTFS not FAT32. I searched in the internet for the problem, and found answers like -

• Delete all the partiions in your harddisk
    • Rename the EFI folder in the bootable usb to NoEFI or something else
    • format the System partition to fat32 using diskpart (I don't know when)
    I can't delete all the partitions and the other two didn't worked.

Then I tried to install it mannually(Apply the images with dism) with the help of this documentation Capture and Apply Windows, System, and Recovery Partitions.
    Well I didn't followed every steps in there. I've created the partitions using KDE partitioner, ignoring the recommended order(didn't find any) -

• System partition of 116 MB - fat32
    • Recovery partition of 450 MB - ntfs
    • Windows and Data partition of 100GiB - ntfs
    Then just followed the steps of the above mentioned documentation from the the cmd of the bootable usb.

I'm pretty sure I used the correct drive letters during these steps then rebooted. In the OOBE it showed that Windows setup was unable to configure windows in this hardware.

So, Can someone help me to "Install Windows 10 without deleting all previous partitions on the harddisk" by any method?

Mahmud Nabil, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Get Notification of Attribute ChangesFile Delete and Rename of NTFS Partition

Corrupted NTFS Partition Table

I have a 160GB drive that for some reason or another has a corrupted NTFS partition table.

The NTFS partition (about 129GB) is inaccessible, (I get an error message stating that I need to format the drive inorder to use it.) and the remaining free space is in RAW format. For some reason the normal tools will not recognize the original NTFS partition and I cannot repair/recover the partition.

Can anyone recommend any tools that they've used to repair/recover NTFS partition information?

Part of me is thinking of just formatting the drive and then trying to recover what I can through recovery software.

Any idea's?

ex-dohctor, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

Get Notification of Attribute ChangesFile Delete and Rename of NTFS Partition

1. Get Notification of Attribute ChangesFile Delete and Rename of NTFS Partition - Similar Threads - Notification Attribute ChangesFile

2. Windows 10 notifications and event viewer indicate damage in system disk/partition/NTFS...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 notifications and event viewer indicate damage in system disk/partition/NTFS...: Hello.First of all, I contacted Microsoft tech support and they kept insisting that I needed to try a clean install. I don't need tech support to tell me this, since, besides being unprofessional from their part, I already knew of that being a possible solution before...
  3. Windows 10 notifications and event viewer indicate damage in system disk/partition/NTFS...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 notifications and event viewer indicate damage in system disk/partition/NTFS...: Hello.First of all, I contacted Microsoft tech support and they kept insisting that I needed to try a clean install. I don't need tech support to tell me this, since, besides being unprofessional from their part, I already knew of that being a possible solution before...
  4. Windows 10 notifications and event viewer indicate damage in system disk/partition/NTFS...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random NTFS errors and files/folders getting deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random NTFS errors and files/folders getting deleted: I have Windows 10 21H1 , Build 19043.1415I keep getting NTFS errors that keep asking me to restart and repair drives.I have ran chkdsk on both C and D drives multiples times but this keeps coming back.It also keeps deleting files because of this. In D drive. non-system drive...
  6. Random NTFS errors and files/folders getting deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random NTFS errors and files/folders getting deleted: I have Windows 10 21H1 , Build 19043.1415I keep getting NTFS errors that keep asking me to restart and repair drives.I have ran chkdsk on both C and D drives multiples times but this keeps coming back.It also keeps deleting files because of this. In D drive. non-system drive...
  7. Random NTFS errors and files/folders getting deleted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. raw and ntfs partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    raw and ntfs partition: Had a disk partition that turned raw. Already read all the posts on converting raw partitions to ntfs partitions without formatting disk.Convert d: /fs:ntfs doesn't work returning message "d: is already ntfs". If I open disk management the partition d: is marked as raw, btw....
  9. Windows wants a partition formatted as NTFS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows wants a partition formatted as NTFS: I currently only have a MAC so after building my new computer I made a USB to install Windows 10 Home. Everything was going fine until I received an error which brought me back to the start. Once I got back to the page where you select where to install windows, 3 partitions...
  10. RAID 0 NTFS partition unreadable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RAID 0 NTFS partition unreadable: Hello there, I created a internal RAID 0 NTFS partition without 2x 1To HDD on my Windows 10 computer with the native "Disk Management" tool of windows. Other detail : Sometimes, I connect an external HDD macos formatted to transfer some files, so I use the MacDrive10...