Windows 10: Get ready to pay more for apps on Windows Store

Discus and support Get ready to pay more for apps on Windows Store in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The biggest missing feature in Windows Store for me is the lack of Google apps, but I can't see those appearing any time soon. Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 22, 2015.

1. swarfega Win User

Get ready to pay more for apps on Windows Store

The biggest missing feature in Windows Store for me is the lack of Google apps, but I can't see those appearing any time soon.

swarfega, Mar 23, 2015
  2. Mystere Win User

Google does have some apps, just not as many as they do on Android. Hmm.. I thought they had more, but it appears they only have one app. Google Search.

Mystere, Mar 23, 2015
  3. dencal Win User
    What about the potential monies to be made via Cortana.
    Well it is based on ones location, think of all the local businesses who could take advantage of the publicity with enquirers using Cortana in the search for local amenities.
    Perhaps Microsoft will consider, if not already, a computerised system similar to and have the same benefits as do Yellow Pages at the present time.
    Advertisers could pay a subscription thereby keeping the monies flowing in to M$.

dencal, Mar 23, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

The store is no longer working
    Get ready to pay more for apps on Windows Store [​IMG]

I get that same error on any app I try to download.

5. BunnyJ New Member
    For both the green and beta?? Mine work fine..

BunnyJ, Mar 25, 2015
  6. BillyBob Win User
    I've had the Store not work a few times, but it comes back the next day or a couple of hours later, same thing with a lot of Microsoft Apps like News, Maps and Weather etc.

BillyBob, Mar 25, 2015
  7. Gary Win User
    The Beta, I do not have a Green one..

8. Gary Win User

I found it, nevermind. I will try it. Same issue:

Get ready to pay more for apps on Windows Store [​IMG]

9. BillyBob Win User
    I don't know why you're bringing Apple into it, if they were any good with software they'd have a lot more than 3% of the PC market. Having a single interface is the best idea ever, especially just for familiarity, but also being able to do lots of things away from work on a tablet or whatever, you've obviously never had a Surface to see what they're capble of. Nobody is going to jump on a train with a 40" Desktop in their lap, there are horses for courses.

BillyBob, Mar 25, 2015
  10. BillyBob Win User
    It should come back, I had the same problem.

BillyBob, Mar 25, 2015
  11. Gary Win User
    The reason that My Store was not working was because I had the Windows Firewall turned off. I use Avast Internet Security which has a Firewall and I saw no need for two. So now when I want to use The Store, I just turn on Windows Firewall.

12. Wynona Win User
    Other than Solitaire and Mahjong, I have no use for any of the apps in the Store.

Wynona, Mar 26, 2015
  13. Wynona Win User

Do I get a medal if I use the App Store!?!?

Well, even if I should get a medal, I don't use the App Store because:

1. I get weather from my TV or my smart phone.
    2. I get news from my TV and/or my radio. If I want to get news between the regular news hours, I can go to ABC, NBC, CBS.
    3. The Money app is useless to me because I just don't need it.
    4. I don't need a Travel App because I know the way to my sister's house and to my daughter's house.
    5. I don't need a Music App because I have all that I need in that area.

I am not a power user, but I am no slouch either. BTW, they're no longer called Metro . . . it's now Modern Apps. However, that said, it's not that the Modern Apps aren't beneath me . . . I just have no reason to use them. And it seems like I'm right there with Unifex.

Wynona, Mar 26, 2015
  14. Gary Win User
    I got those two as well plus some sports stuff, I am done with my shopping.

15. Wynona Win User
    You can go to the Google Play Store and get Office for Android (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) for your 'droid tablet. I think there must be some agreement between Google and Microsoft about "encroaching on each other's territory". Right now, though, Office for Android will only run on KitKat or better, 7" to 10" screen (anything larger and you have to have a subscription to Office 365) and 1 GB RAM.

I know that you can get Google apps on Amazon.com, probably because of Amazon's Kindle, which is "sort of" Android.

Wynona, Mar 26, 2015
Thema:

1. Get ready to pay more for apps on Windows Store - Similar Threads - ready pay more

2. Microsoft Store App is Stuck on Getting Ready Screen

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store App is Stuck on Getting Ready Screen: Whenever I open my Microsoft Store app it is stuck in the getting ready screen, i cannot access store settings and when i reset Microsoft Store using msreset it opens and gets stuck on the same screen again....
  3. Microsoft Store App is Stuck on Getting Ready Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store App is Stuck on Getting Ready Screen: Whenever I open my Microsoft Store app it is stuck in the getting ready screen, i cannot access store settings and when i reset Microsoft Store using msreset it opens and gets stuck on the same screen again....
  4. Microsoft Store App is Stuck on Getting Ready Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Getting Windows Ready

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting Windows Ready: I don’t really know what category to put this under, but, I’m stuck on the “Getting Windows Ready - Don’t turn off your computer” screen This has been going on for *2 days*, yesterday and all of today. I’ve left it for hours with no progress, I took out anything externally...
  6. Ransomware-as-a-service is exploding: Be ready to pay

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ransomware-as-a-service is exploding: Be ready to pay: Or better yet, have a backup & don't worry about paying. The time to avoid having to deal with ransomware is taking steps BEFORE you get it. After you get infected, there is a extremely slim chance, if any, of recovering your data unless you pay up....
  7. Two Apps Ready in Windows Store to be Updated

Two Apps Ready in Windows Store to be Updated: Yahoo Mail App No version number Available Facebook App Version 4.10.107.191 Both Ready in Windows Store to be Updated 50083
  8. Apps ready in Store to be installed and updated

Apps ready in Store to be installed and updated: Had 3 Apps in Store today ready to be installed and updated Microsoft Photo Microsoft Phone Films & TV All went in ok No restart needed 45599
  9. Windows Store to get more UI improvements, in-app Redeem feature, ....

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Store to get more UI improvements, in-app Redeem feature, ....: Windows Store to get more UI improvements, in-app Redeem feature, and more [img] Recently, we reported that Microsoft is internally considering an improved user interface for app listings in the Windows Store. Alongside improved UI for app listings, Microsoft is...
  10. Getting Windows Ready

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting Windows Ready: Hello All, I hope this is the appropriate forum for this question. I was having an issue connecting wo something I had in the and think it was a java issue (it works fine on my desktop, not so much on my laptop and I'm not even sure java is on my desktop). I know it...