Windows 10: Get ready to pay more for apps on Windows Store

Discus and support Get ready to pay more for apps on Windows Store in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The new Office 2016 includes both Desktop and Universal versions of the apps. I didn't realize that, but I'm glad I made the comment, even if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Get ready to pay more for apps on Windows Store

I didn't realize that, but I'm glad I made the comment, even if incorrect. It spurred a lot of healthy discussion. *Cool

fracking4oil, Mar 28, 2015
  2. unifex Win User

I'm sure you can do all those things, I just don't know why. There are lots of other things you can do. People are talking about connecting their fridges to the internet. But I don't need any of that. All I'm saying, I should not be forced to do what I don't want, regardless of what you can or like to do.

unifex, Mar 28, 2015
  3. dencal Win User
    In the Store Beta, Utube, Video client for Utube.
    What an absolute Goldmine for music and videos covering all subjects, going back as far as the sixties and even covering continental recordings including whole LP,s.
    As an example In Search just type "Mary" and all Christian names beginning with Mary records and LP,s will appear from the oldest to the latest, ie- Mary Hopkins up to Mary J Blige
    It also saves all your viewings so you can find them instantly in its own folder. My Score 10/10

dencal, Mar 28, 2015
  4. Roger Win User

Get ready to pay more for apps on Windows Store

If you're using Office you are doing things way above my pay grade, but I'm trying................
    I just downloaded a free ebook on SQL (whatever that is?) I have several hundred more that I D\L the same way.
    But, there's trick to it!
    You need a way to read the ebooks, which are Kindle ebooks, from Amazon.
    If interested, you need an eReader and I have Kindle for PC, free from Amazon and you'll also need an Amazon account, also free.
    If you poke around Amazon you'll find a lot of free books but I have a source, a free newsletter, that allows you to be a little more selective. After a little experience with the newsletters, I've narrowed it down to just subscribing to the How-To list which is published daily. Kindle, Evernote, SQL, and Crock-Pot dump cake are just some of the subjects*chuckle
    Free Kindle How To Books<L: kindle@freebookssearch.com>; should get you there and other choices are available.
    Erotica seems to be a popular genre but I don't recommend it for little girls*Redface
    Take a look!*Biggrin

Roger, Mar 29, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    SQL is Structured Query Language.. it's a language to retrieve data from a relational data base, IBM DB2.. MySql, and others.

BunnyJ, Mar 29, 2015
  6. Roger Win User
    Gee, thanks....... who'da guess!

Roger, Mar 29, 2015
  7. Gary Win User
    The store has stopped working for me.

8. Roger Win User

Roger, Mar 29, 2015
  9. WHS
    whs Win User
    Since the value of the Dollar has risen significantly in the recent months, the prices in most other currencies should go down by quite a bit.

10. Mystere Win User
    The problem is that you're going to be in the minority. Microsoft or Apple or Google are not going to create a single-purpose Desktop OS (and maintain that) and then create a different Multi-device OS (that includes desktop functionality) just so you can "not be forced to what you don't want".

It make sense to design one OS to handle all devices. Apple is going that route (though slowly), Google is going that route, and Microsoft is going that route. It's too costly to maintain two OS's that do the same thing. And, on top of that, you will be able to use the same apps on all devices.

Why shouldn't I be able to work with documents someone sends me in my phone? Why shouldn't I be able to use Instagram on a Desktop?

Mystere, Mar 29, 2015
  11. Wynona Win User
    Good for you!

I don't know much about SQL either, Roger, but I do know enough to say I'm not a bit interested in that one. Access will serve me fine.

I used to have a Kindle, but gave it to my daughter when I got my HP Slate 10 HD tablet. I also have Kindle on the Slate and on my desktop and laptop computers. That way, wherever I am, I can read what I download from Amazon.com.

I do love a free book, but there are some that are well worth the price of a Kindle copy, and I own several. There are several other eReaders, such as Nook. I've forgotten the names of others because I don't need them.

If you're interested in office suites that are compatible with Microsoft Office, Kingsoft Office is available here: Download Kingsoft Office Suite, Free download Office .exe files. Open Office is out there somewhere also, but I found it too hard to understand, although it's also compatible with Microsoft Office.

Wynona, Mar 29, 2015
  12. adamf Win User
    That is backwards - a rising dollar makes imports to the US cheaper and exports from the US more expensive in the importing country. .

Today the EUR/USD rate is 1.08, last year it was 1.38. Therefore (adjusting for exchange rate) an USD $5 app would have been 3.62 € last year and 4.63 € today.

adamf, Mar 29, 2015
  13. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

TSO --yes -- but did you ever have to do data / program entry using THESE !!!!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 29, 2015
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    I used punch cards in high school.. after that I never had to use them again. *Biggrin

BunnyJ, Mar 29, 2015
  15. Cliff S New Member
    *Ditto In my sophomore year... In my Junior year we switched to the more "modern" tape.

Cliff S, Mar 29, 2015
Thema:

1. Get ready to pay more for apps on Windows Store - Similar Threads - ready pay more

2. Microsoft Store App is Stuck on Getting Ready Screen

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store App is Stuck on Getting Ready Screen: Whenever I open my Microsoft Store app it is stuck in the getting ready screen, i cannot access store settings and when i reset Microsoft Store using msreset it opens and gets stuck on the same screen again....
  3. Microsoft Store App is Stuck on Getting Ready Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store App is Stuck on Getting Ready Screen: Whenever I open my Microsoft Store app it is stuck in the getting ready screen, i cannot access store settings and when i reset Microsoft Store using msreset it opens and gets stuck on the same screen again....
  4. Microsoft Store App is Stuck on Getting Ready Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Getting Windows Ready

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting Windows Ready: I don’t really know what category to put this under, but, I’m stuck on the “Getting Windows Ready - Don’t turn off your computer” screen This has been going on for *2 days*, yesterday and all of today. I’ve left it for hours with no progress, I took out anything externally...
  6. Ransomware-as-a-service is exploding: Be ready to pay

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ransomware-as-a-service is exploding: Be ready to pay: Or better yet, have a backup & don't worry about paying. The time to avoid having to deal with ransomware is taking steps BEFORE you get it. After you get infected, there is a extremely slim chance, if any, of recovering your data unless you pay up....
  7. Two Apps Ready in Windows Store to be Updated

Two Apps Ready in Windows Store to be Updated: Yahoo Mail App No version number Available Facebook App Version 4.10.107.191 Both Ready in Windows Store to be Updated 50083
  8. Apps ready in Store to be installed and updated

Apps ready in Store to be installed and updated: Had 3 Apps in Store today ready to be installed and updated Microsoft Photo Microsoft Phone Films & TV All went in ok No restart needed 45599
  9. Windows Store to get more UI improvements, in-app Redeem feature, ....

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Store to get more UI improvements, in-app Redeem feature, ....: Windows Store to get more UI improvements, in-app Redeem feature, and more [img] Recently, we reported that Microsoft is internally considering an improved user interface for app listings in the Windows Store. Alongside improved UI for app listings, Microsoft is...
  10. Getting Windows Ready

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting Windows Ready: Hello All, I hope this is the appropriate forum for this question. I was having an issue connecting wo something I had in the and think it was a java issue (it works fine on my desktop, not so much on my laptop and I'm not even sure java is on my desktop). I know it...