Windows 10: Get real (!) former Aero skin/theme WITH Transparency?

Discus and support Get real (!) former Aero skin/theme WITH Transparency? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I appreciate Aero Skin/Theme from Windows 7 and would like to use it in Win10 as well. As I found out 1. the hidden "Aero Lite" skin/theme can be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tobwen, Feb 26, 2021.

1. tobwen Win User

Get real (!) former Aero skin/theme WITH Transparency?

I appreciate Aero Skin/Theme from Windows 7 and would like to use it in Win10 as well.

As I found out
    1. the hidden "Aero Lite" skin/theme can be activated by Registry hack but does NOT offer transparency
    2. the hidden "Aero Lite" skin/theme cannot even be activated and used in newest versions of Win10.

Any other idea on how to get the good ol' full Aero Theme (with Transparency) back in newest Windows 10?

:)

tobwen, Feb 26, 2021
  2. tobwen Win User

I appreciate Aero Skin/Theme from Windows 7 and would like to use it in Win10 as well.

As I found out
    1. the hidden "Aero Lite" skin/theme can be activated by Registry hack but does NOT offer transparency
    2. the hidden "Aero Lite" skin/theme cannot even be activated and used in newest versions of Win10.

Any other idea on how to get the good ol' full Aero Theme (with Transparency) back in newest Windows 10?

tobwen, Feb 26, 2021
  3. Themes (AERO) keep changing back on every start-up

A few weeks ago this problem stated occurring....

While I normally have my desktop theme set at the AERO transparent theme, I found that when I was starting my computer, instead the theme that was being used by Windows 7 was the standard Win 7 theme.

Even though I would go in and change it back (I can list the steps here, if necessary, but I think everyone probably knows how to do that?!?), what I am finding is that each subsequent day, or re-start, it reverts back to the standard Win 7 theme; MY CHANGES
    ARE NOT "STICKING"!

Does anyone have any idea why my changes are not being saved once I make them?

Medic Dave, Feb 26, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Does look good.. like everything, read the small print.. e..g

- and user comments following..

There'll be others out there for Windowblinds, so certainly a possible way forward.

dalchina, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Get real (!) former Aero skin/theme WITH Transparency? - Similar Threads - real former Aero

2. Aero theme support in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aero theme support in windows 11: Hello , My current pc does not support installing windows 7 ,it came with win 11 pre-installed . i don't like windows 11 pre-installed themes ,is there any way to install windows 7 aero theme in windows 11 ? i really miss windows 7 ui ,windows 7 ui was best for me or if there...
  3. Aero Transparency Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aero Transparency Problems: Alright so for quite a while now, I've been trying to figure out why the Aero Transparency on my Windows 7 just won't work. I've tried the troubleshooting option and the problem still persists. I don't want to make a big deal out of this, but I just need to know what the...
  4. Aero Transparency Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Aero Transparency Problems: Alright so for quite a while now, I've been trying to figure out why the Aero Transparency on my Windows 7 just won't work. I've tried the troubleshooting option and the problem still persists. I don't want to make a big deal out of this, but I just need to know what the...
  5. Get real (!) former Aero skin/theme WITH Transparency?

in Windows 10 Support
    Get real (!) former Aero skin/theme WITH Transparency?: I appreciate Aero Skin/Theme from Windows 7 and would like to use it in Win10 as well. As I found out 1. the hidden "Aero Lite" skin/theme can be activated by Registry hack but does NOT offer transparency 2. the hidden "Aero Lite" skin/theme cannot even be activated and...
  6. Taskbar Aero Theme?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Aero Theme?: I know there are tools like Windows Aero and OldNewExplorer but none of them had an option to have a Win7 styled Glassy Aero theme. I am thinking of buying WindowsBlinds along with this: Aero7X Reset for Windowblinds 10 by NewInfinitePro on DeviantArt but I am wondering if...
  7. Aero Glass Theme

Aero Glass Theme: Will Microsoft ever add the aero glass theme back? I'm using windows 10 and I'm totally missing it. Even if Microsoft prefers the new metro theme, it should still add the glass appearance as an option in the personalization window. Not saying that windows 10 is bad. It is an...
  8. Using 3rd party themes/skins

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using 3rd party themes/skins: I am a total beginner to this, is there a difference between skins and themes? I have been reading up but getting confused about the best method. Ultimately, I want to change my taskbar, windows, buttons, etc, everything. I would like to create my very own skin from scratch....
  9. Windows XP theme and Aero

Windows XP theme and Aero: So, I've grown extremely attached to the Windows 7 Aero theme, and XP looks pretty nice too. However, since XP's already dead, and 7 is very quickly nearing end of support (P.S., please don't kill 7, it'll be bad for all of us), soon I'm going to have to switch to the Metro...
  10. Aero Theme on WTP

Aero Theme on WTP: For those who may (or may not) follow Vishal Gupta's page, he's just released his custom Aero themes for Windows 8 and 8.1 which work fairly well on WTP. Get all the info here: Download AeroVG Ei8ht and Ei8ht.1ne Themes for Windows 8 / 8.1 - AskVG [img] 2994