Windows 10: Get rid of a library?

Discus and support Get rid of a library? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I accidentally created a new library, and now I can't delete it. It only takes up space on the files side bar as everything on the library is shown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by fembruh, Jan 17, 2021.

1. fembruh Win User

Get rid of a library?

I accidentally created a new library, and now I can't delete it. It only takes up space on the files side bar as everything on the library is shown above it under my computer. Get rid of a library? 6174dab7-ea1e-4f80-a5f8-d3443993c196?upload=true.png

:)

fembruh, Jan 17, 2021

2. Delete a Library in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I would suggest you to restore the Libraries and then try deleting the Library folder.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + E keys from the Keyboard to open the
      File Explorer.
    • Locate Libraries from the left pane.
    • Right click on Libraries and select Restore default libraries option from the list.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Map a network drive folder to my video library

To Include folders using Manage Library Tools, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.
    • Click on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click on the Manage library button in the ribbon.
    • Click on the Add button
    • Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click on the Include folder button.
    • When finished, click/tap on OK.
    Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Jan 17, 2021
  4. Get rid of a library?

Duplicate Music Library Sign Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

Can you check if both the folders contain all the music that you need?

Where the original files are saved so that we can troubleshoot this issue further?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to resolve the issue.

Method: Restore default Libraries

I would suggest you try the restore library option and check if it helps. Please back up all the files in the library before trying this, just to make sure you don’t lose any files. Refer these steps:

• Open Windows explorer
    • In the left panel, locate Library and right click on it
    • Click “restore default libraries” option
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

SuvarnaG1709, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

Get rid of a library?

1. Get rid of a library? - Similar Threads - rid library

2. How do I get rid of ****

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of ****: Big brother want to monitor my emails when I get 20 to 30 request from women showing **** dating 2 miles from my house https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of/f29c08cc-1c6b-40e5-920f-cd3eb6283e99
  3. How do I get rid of ****

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of ****: Big brother want to monitor my emails when I get 20 to 30 request from women showing **** dating 2 miles from my house https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of/f29c08cc-1c6b-40e5-920f-cd3eb6283e99
  4. How to get rid of Snipping Tool Completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of Snipping Tool Completely: In my organization, we require the use of GreenShot instead of the Microsoft Snipping tool. This was working beautifully in Windows 10 LTSC, but with the upgrade to Windows 11 the snipping tool is relentless. We have uninstalled the snipping tool, gone into the registry and...
  5. How to get rid of Snipping Tool Completely

How to get rid of Snipping Tool Completely: In my organization, we require the use of GreenShot instead of the Microsoft Snipping tool. This was working beautifully in Windows 10 LTSC, but with the upgrade to Windows 11 the snipping tool is relentless. We have uninstalled the snipping tool, gone into the registry and...
  6. Does a system restore get rid of a Trojan that I just installed on my windows 11 pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does a system restore get rid of a Trojan that I just installed on my windows 11 pc: So i just installed a Trojan and I immediately went to system restore and restored it and I was wondering if the file could still be on my pc....
  7. Does a system restore get rid of a Trojan that I just installed on my windows 11 pc

Does a system restore get rid of a Trojan that I just installed on my windows 11 pc: So i just installed a Trojan and I immediately went to system restore and restored it and I was wondering if the file could still be on my pc....
  8. How can I get rid of the phantom text that appears when one hovers over a link, file, or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get rid of the phantom text that appears when one hovers over a link, file, or...: Having an issue where, repeatedly, a text box like the type one sees when mousing over an option before clicking it will appear on my screen and remain there, even after the program it came from has been closed, even after all windows are closed, and even after restarting...
  9. Get rid of ghost folder in Libraries Navigation Pane, File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Get rid of ghost folder in Libraries Navigation Pane, File Explorer: I have a ghost folder in my Libraries folder that i cannot remove. i get the message C:\Users\xxx\OneDrive\Documents is unavailable. If the location is on this PC...etc. It's right - it doesnt exist, and i don't want it to - I dont use OneDrive. But this icon/link/?? is...
  10. Can't Get Rid of Libraries

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Get Rid of Libraries: I have unchecked Show Libraries in Windows Explorer under Folder Options -> View, however, they still show in the Navigation Pane. Is there another way to completely disable Libraries in Windows 10? Running latest 1909 version. submitted by /u/HarryMuscle [link]...