Windows 10: Get rid of annoying Cortana Window that is covering up my work

Discus and support Get rid of annoying Cortana Window that is covering up my work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Cortana has started adding an Ask Cortana window that covers up part of my screen and prevents me from working. How do I get rid of this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Charles Kenyon, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Get rid of annoying Cortana Window that is covering up my work

Cortana has started adding an Ask Cortana window that covers up part of my screen and prevents me from working. How do I get rid of this?

:)

Charles Kenyon, Nov 20, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

How to get rid of all the tips and cortana garbage on search toolbar?

Hi, I don't have anything like that appearing as i've never configured more than the most basic Cortana settings.

Try Notebook (icon left on Cortana), Lists - clear those.

Get rid of annoying Cortana Window that is covering up my work [​IMG]

Likewise, check for any Reminders

- you've shown the search field for Cortana at the bottom of your screenshots.

(And remember there's one top right of file explorer too).

Try this:
    Turn On or Off Cortana Suggested Reminders in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Ten Forums - Windows 10 Help and Support Forum

dalchina, Nov 20, 2020
  3. xuzo Win User
    How to get rid of all the tips and cortana garbage on search toolbar?

I have 3 computers, some behave ok, and some don't...all same settings and fresh installs.

When I search for something on the taskbar, this blue bubble shows up with a whole buch of spam suggestions, like sports, news and crap from microsoft...it's really annoying.

I'm signed in with hotmail account, this is a genuine Windows 10 pro 64 bit.

How to I get rid of that damn thing once and for all? Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

4. Get rid of annoying Cortana Window that is covering up my work

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Get rid of annoying Cortana Window that is covering up my work

1. Get rid of annoying Cortana Window that is covering up my work - Similar Threads - rid annoying Cortana

2. Can someone help me get rid of this annoying pop-up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone help me get rid of this annoying pop-up?: I'm really young so I don't know how to do anything about it, I tried restarting my PC several times but it did not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-help-me-get-rid-of-this-annoying-pop/ad081f92-bbee-468b-b80f-29e39f80e7cf
  3. To get rid of annoying Instagram ads.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To get rid of annoying Instagram ads.: Hi, when I am using Instagram, ads are always appeared. It's kind a annoying. Specially some brands are shown up often, even though I'm not interested. I tried to hide those ads by clicking on the three dot menu at the top right corner of the post and selecting Hide Ad...
  4. To get rid of annoying Instagram ads.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    To get rid of annoying Instagram ads.: Hi, when I am using Instagram, ads are always appeared. It's kind a annoying. Specially some brands are shown up often, even though I'm not interested. I tried to hide those ads by clicking on the three dot menu at the top right corner of the post and selecting Hide Ad...
  5. To get rid of annoying Instagram ads.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?: I have a Cortana pop-up that I can't get rid of on my Dell G15 notebook. It just appeared recently after a tech made some changes to my computer. I cannot get rid of this pop-up. It's always there when I toggle between the open apps on my PC. When I go to uninstall it, I find...
  7. How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?: I have a Cortana pop-up that I can't get rid of on my Dell G15 notebook. It just appeared recently after a tech made some changes to my computer. I cannot get rid of this pop-up. It's always there when I toggle between the open apps on my PC. When I go to uninstall it, I find...
  8. Getting rid of Cortana

in Cortana
    Getting rid of Cortana: Could there be anything more annoying and distracting. I am looking at the settings to disable it and it seems I can't. Also, try to uninstall it. I have this computer which I got in 2018 and my plan was to use it for travel. However, it has trouble updating the Dell Bios and...
  9. cortana suddenly showed up and I can't get rid of it

in Cortana
    cortana suddenly showed up and I can't get rid of it: After years of use, suddenly something called "cortana" showed up and I can't get my search box to work anymore because this thing is getting in the way. How do I go back to just having a usable search box? I did not do anything that I'm aware of to cause this. I tried to...
  10. get rid of annoying NOTIFICATIONS pop-up, lower right corner.

in Windows 10 Customization
    get rid of annoying NOTIFICATIONS pop-up, lower right corner.: Cannot get rid of Notifications pop-up which often appears on right side of screen. It is the icon in the task bar, right bottom corner, that looks like a small box with a down arrow at bottom. Have tried Chrome's Settings/notifications/block, etc. doesn't work. Not sure...