Windows 10: Get rid of black down arrow in File Explorer

Discus and support Get rid of black down arrow in File Explorer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm almost done modifying my File Explorer and I could really need some help with getting rid of the "More options" arrow in the top right corner of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Utzak, Feb 3, 2020.

1. /u/Utzak Win User

Get rid of black down arrow in File Explorer

I'm almost done modifying my File Explorer and I could really need some help with getting rid of the "More options" arrow in the top right corner of this screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/qkMxA5G.png

As you can see I've replaced the icons in the top right corner with transparent ones but the icon that lets you choose the viewing options has a black down arrow next to it. How do I replace/remove it? I've looked through the usual icon locations (imageres.dll.mun, shell32.dll.mun and so on) but I can't find a match. It struck me that it might not be an icon at all but simply a character but I'm not sure. Help is appreciated!

submitted by /u/Utzak
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Utzak, Feb 3, 2020
  2. PhilShaw3 Win User

Windows 10 and Office 360 on PC. Blue arrows in corner of file icons in File Explorer

In the last couple of weeks all the files and folders in File Explorer have two blue arrows pointed at each other at 45 degrees in the top RH corner of the icons, whether icons, tiles or list. Anyone know what these are and what they signify? Can I get
    rid of them?

PhilShaw3, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Up arrow gone in Explorer in windows 10

Hi Coloso,

When you say Up arrow in Explorer, are you referring to File Explorer or Internet Explorer?

If it is in File Explorer, then try the steps below and check if it helps.

Restart the computer and check. Also, check for Windows updates.

Try to run the following commands and check if it helps.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.
    • Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.
    • Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 3, 2020
  4. David Haz Win User

Black File Explorer

We suggest that you start your PC in Safe mode and see if File Explorer still shows a black image when you access your files. Safe Mode would help isolate the issue by starting Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. It may help
    distinguish what's causing the issue, if the problem does not happen in Safe Mode, then we'll know that the default settings does not cause the issue.

You may start your PC in Safe Mode by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Select Update & security > Recovery.
    • Under Advanced startup, select Restart now.
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings
      > Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 4
      or F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode.

David Haz, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Get rid of black down arrow in File Explorer - Similar Threads - rid black down

2. File Explorer - how to get rid of "Recommendations"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer - how to get rid of "Recommendations"?: Win 11's file explorer's silly / unhelpful / unwanted Home thing has in turn something called Recommended. I've tried right clicking on the recommended files and selecting "Remove from Recommended", which does not work. Then I tried the Settings route, i.e., figuring out...
  3. File Explorer - how to get rid of "Recommendations"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer - how to get rid of "Recommendations"?: Win 11's file explorer's silly / unhelpful / unwanted Home thing has in turn something called Recommended. I've tried right clicking on the recommended files and selecting "Remove from Recommended", which does not work. Then I tried the Settings route, i.e., figuring out...
  4. How do I get back the drop down arrows in my windows file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get back the drop down arrows in my windows file explorer?: I updated to windows 11 a while back. Then windows kept prompting me to shutdown and update so I did and now The navigation arrows that reveal the contents of folders in file explorer have disappeared completely. The only way to see the contents is to double click the folder....
  5. How do I get back the drop down arrows in my windows file explorer?

How do I get back the drop down arrows in my windows file explorer?: I updated to windows 11 a while back. Then windows kept prompting me to shutdown and update so I did and now The navigation arrows that reveal the contents of folders in file explorer have disappeared completely. The only way to see the contents is to double click the folder....
  6. Drop Down Arrows for File Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drop Down Arrows for File Folders: Hi. I am working in Windows 11. I have always enjoyed using the side bar to help me navigate my folders in the side bar. On some of these listings, there appears a down pointer that allows your list to cascade down to show its contents. I'd like to have this same feature on...
  7. Drop Down Arrows for File Folders

Drop Down Arrows for File Folders: Hi. I am working in Windows 11. I have always enjoyed using the side bar to help me navigate my folders in the side bar. On some of these listings, there appears a down pointer that allows your list to cascade down to show its contents. I'd like to have this same feature on...
  8. How do I get rid of this arrow...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get rid of this arrow...: I'm not sure what's responsible for this arrow in File Explorer. I do know that when clicked it shows a list of the folders and files within it. It's annoying and I want to remove it. Can someone help me with this please? submitted by /u/CatFlier [link] [comments]...
  9. How do I get rid of this arrow?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get rid of this arrow?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Pandorica00 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iqndwg/how_do_i_get_rid_of_this_arrow/
  10. Get rid of internet explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Get rid of internet explorer: I have been using this guide to get rid of internet explorer 11 from my computer, however theres still a folder left with some leftover files in the program files folder. I cant delete it because of trustedinstaller. Please help. 128385