Windows 10: Get rid of Cortana dialog on screen. Only solution seems restart.

Discus and support Get rid of Cortana dialog on screen. Only solution seems restart. in Cortana to solve the problem; Windows 10 professional. I have my task bar on the left side of the screen. The past week or so, randomly, Cortana has put up a screen like a Chat... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Charles Kenyon, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Get rid of Cortana dialog on screen. Only solution seems restart.

Windows 10 professional.

I have my task bar on the left side of the screen. The past week or so, randomly, Cortana has put up a screen like a Chat window that will not go away and is in front of everything else. When I try to take a screen shot using Snagit, Snagit goes underneath it.

This picture was taken with my phone using OfficeLens which I thing is a great App.

Get rid of Cortana dialog on screen. Only solution seems restart. f9dbce3e-40a2-427a-875e-81780c10b66b?upload=true.jpg

This is not controlled by any of the settings for the Task Bar. I do not know what causes it to show up nor what causes it to go away. It aligns at the top left of what is left of my screen after my task bar.

Now, it just went away. I was using Cortana typing to look for SysInfo so I could show statistics. I did get this:

Get rid of Cortana dialog on screen. Only solution seems restart. 6a55ca03-3c8f-4fb0-9954-50fd16f086a0?upload=true.png

:)

Charles Kenyon, Dec 2, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

How to get rid of all the tips and cortana garbage on search toolbar?

Hi, I don't have anything like that appearing as i've never configured more than the most basic Cortana settings.

Try Notebook (icon left on Cortana), Lists - clear those.

Get rid of Cortana dialog on screen. Only solution seems restart. [​IMG]

Likewise, check for any Reminders

- you've shown the search field for Cortana at the bottom of your screenshots.

(And remember there's one top right of file explorer too).

Try this:
    Turn On or Off Cortana Suggested Reminders in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Ten Forums - Windows 10 Help and Support Forum

dalchina, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Dewdrop_ Win User
    Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Dec 2, 2020
  4. Get rid of Cortana dialog on screen. Only solution seems restart.

Computer randomly has black screen and restarts

Taco this could be software also. Before you get all crazy, do as Erocker suggested. Find out the error in the Event Viewer. Look for the faulting module and the error code itself. Also check the reliability monitor. At the bottom it will have "View all Error Reports". Post a screen of whats in there if anything.

This could be a simple as a bad driver install.

ALSO have you downloaded or installed anything lately? STAY OUT OF THE DAMN BIOS UNTIL WE KNOW THE ERROR! lol. I know you. Baby steps boy, baby steps.

TheMailMan78, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Get rid of Cortana dialog on screen. Only solution seems restart.

1. Get rid of Cortana dialog on screen. Only solution seems restart. - Similar Threads - rid Cortana dialog

2. Azurewebsite Popup virus - Can't seem to get rid of it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Azurewebsite Popup virus - Can't seem to get rid of it...: It pops up every three minutes no matter what I do. It says all over the internet that both Malwarebyte's and Malwarebyte's Adware, as well as MS Defender will all easily get rid of it. But that hasn't been my case. I've also tried Microsoft Safety Scanner. None of them...
  3. Azurewebsite Popup virus - Can't seem to get rid of it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azurewebsite Popup virus - Can't seem to get rid of it...: It pops up every three minutes no matter what I do. It says all over the internet that both Malwarebyte's and Malwarebyte's Adware, as well as MS Defender will all easily get rid of it. But that hasn't been my case. I've also tried Microsoft Safety Scanner. None of them...
  4. How to get rid of the dialog box after print screen ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get rid of the dialog box after print screen ?: [ATTACH] Each and every time when I do a print screen , it’s showing this dialog box. How can i print screen and paste it in word doc without this dialog box opening in the middle ? How to turn this off ? submitted by /u/Radiant_Ad382 [link] [comments]...
  5. Can't seem to get rid of PUA:Win32/NetFilter

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't seem to get rid of PUA:Win32/NetFilter: Hi!So I've been for 2 whole days now, scanning the PC with MSERT, Windows Defender and Malwarebytes. The prior and the latter present a clean result, however Windows Defender, after a full scan, always ends up showing up the PUA linked below. Whenever I click to remove it...
  6. Getting rid of Cortana

in Cortana
    Getting rid of Cortana: Could there be anything more annoying and distracting. I am looking at the settings to disable it and it seems I can't. Also, try to uninstall it. I have this computer which I got in 2018 and my plan was to use it for travel. However, it has trouble updating the Dell Bios and...
  7. How can I get rid of Cortana?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I get rid of Cortana?: I have upgraded to version 2004 and the Cortana window and application is open at all times, asking me to sign in. I have never used Cortana, I never will, and it annoys me that the application is always open, shows up in my task view and consumes my RAM. Is there any way to...
  8. Screen flickering None of solutions seem to work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen flickering None of solutions seem to work: Hi. My laptop's screen has been flickering ever since this morning, I uninstalled my antivirus program, Bitdefender since my task manager didn't flicker and it was the last updated program, and the flickering stopped. A few hours later, I ran Photoshop CC and the flickering...
  9. Is there any permanent solution to get rid of Blue screen error in windows 10??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is there any permanent solution to get rid of Blue screen error in windows 10??: Dear Microsoft, I have totally new pc with current upgraded hardware. But, with Windows 10 os I cannot experience the best of the performance. It is too annoying to use Windows 10. time by time in between any work it suddenly restarts with some blue screen error. I have...
  10. Getting rid of Lock Screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Getting rid of Lock Screen?: Running same build - "Creators Update" - on 2 different machines, one Lenovo and one older Dell. Before the Creators, at some point, after some unknown updates the Dell started to boot to Lock Screen. Click on it and normal Desktop appears. Lenovo still boots up from dead...