Windows 10: Get rid of internet explorer

Discus and support Get rid of internet explorer in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have been using this guide to get rid of internet explorer 11 from my computer, however theres still a folder left with some leftover files in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Cerawy, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Cerawy Win User

Get rid of internet explorer

I have been using this guide to get rid of internet explorer 11 from my computer, however theres still a folder left with some leftover files in the program files folder. I cant delete it because of trustedinstaller. Please help.

:)

Cerawy, Mar 5, 2019
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Get rid of internet explorer wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Internet Explorer not working

Hi,

To better assist you with your Internet Explorer concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What is the exact error message that you are getting when using Internet Explorer?
    • What is the exact error message that you are getting when using Excel?

Meanwhile, you can refer to PranavMishra5582's suggested steps in fixing Internet Explorer issues on this

link

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Get rid of internet explorer

Internet Explorer Pop-Up invisible in Desktop

Thank you for the update, David. For further troubleshooting, we would like to know if Internet Explorer appears in Task Manager even without starting Internet Explorer or it appears and remains in Task Manager after opening and closing Internet Explorer?

If after opening Internet Explorer and it appears and remains in the Task Manager, we suggest opening Internet Explorer without add-ons and see if the issue persists. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button (lower-left corner) in Windows, and click
      Run.
    Alternatively, you can press the Windows logo key and the R key on your keyboard.

• In the Run box, type iexplore.exe -extoff
      and press Enter.

If doing the steps above eliminates the issue, then we suggest following this
    article
    for you to be able to manage/disable add-ons that's causing the issue in Internet Explorer 11. Managing
    other versions are also available at the bottom of the article.

We will be waiting for your update.

Loreto Osa, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Get rid of internet explorer

1. Get rid of internet explorer - Similar Threads - rid internet explorer

2. File Explorer - how to get rid of "Recommendations"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer - how to get rid of "Recommendations"?: Win 11's file explorer's silly / unhelpful / unwanted Home thing has in turn something called Recommended. I've tried right clicking on the recommended files and selecting "Remove from Recommended", which does not work. Then I tried the Settings route, i.e., figuring out...
  3. File Explorer - how to get rid of "Recommendations"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer - how to get rid of "Recommendations"?: Win 11's file explorer's silly / unhelpful / unwanted Home thing has in turn something called Recommended. I've tried right clicking on the recommended files and selecting "Remove from Recommended", which does not work. Then I tried the Settings route, i.e., figuring out...
  4. How do I get rid of Microsoft Edge and get Internet explorer to work again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of Microsoft Edge and get Internet explorer to work again?: I need to connect to a Drac 5 interface, and the only browser known to work is Internet explorer. Edge only manages to make me more furious as it refuses to connect, and refuses to allow me to uninstall or modify it on my hardware....
  5. How do I get rid of Microsoft Edge and get Internet explorer to work again?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of Microsoft Edge and get Internet explorer to work again?: I need to connect to a Drac 5 interface, and the only browser known to work is Internet explorer. Edge only manages to make me more furious as it refuses to connect, and refuses to allow me to uninstall or modify it on my hardware....
  6. Get rid of "Quick Access" explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Get rid of "Quick Access" explorer: 1 Precisely how can I get rid of [so-called] "Quick Access" explorer window & return to traditional, actual "Windows Explorer"? 2 Most of my storage-dependent files are on D-drive, & accessing them is now a PITA - anything but "Quick" - involving wading thru multiple...
  7. Cant get rid of this no internet banner!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant get rid of this no internet banner!: [ATTACH]Cant get rid of this banner at lower right side. the okay button is not resposive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-rid-of-this-no-internet-banner/9f1af3fd-ee7b-45d2-9799-5e0a59d9f2fc
  8. Get rid of Explorer's "Icon" view

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Get rid of Explorer's "Icon" view: Reinstall time ... and endless "No, I don't want this shit!" to be fixed. Is there a way to get totally rid of the "Icon" view? (Or even better, only on explicit request, but I'd rather never see it again than having to handle Windows' idea of when I 'request' it. Annoyed...
  9. Get rid of black down arrow in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Get rid of black down arrow in File Explorer: I'm almost done modifying my File Explorer and I could really need some help with getting rid of the "More options" arrow in the top right corner of this screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/qkMxA5G.png As you can see I've replaced the icons in the top right corner with...
  10. Get rid of internet explorer

in Browsers and Email
    Get rid of internet explorer: I have been using this guide to get rid of internet explorer 11 from my computer, however theres still a folder left with some leftover files in the program files folder. I cant delete it because of trustedinstaller. Please help. 128385

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Get Rid of Internet Explorer the are Hacking my computer