Windows 10: Get rid of internet explorer

Discus and support Get rid of internet explorer in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have been using this guide to get rid of internet explorer 11 from my computer, however theres still a folder left with some leftover files in the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Cerawy, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Cerawy Win User

Get rid of internet explorer

I have been using this guide to get rid of internet explorer 11 from my computer, however theres still a folder left with some leftover files in the program files folder. I cant delete it because of trustedinstaller. Please help.

:)

Cerawy, Mar 5, 2019
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Get rid of internet explorer wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Internet Explorer not working

Hi,

To better assist you with your Internet Explorer concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What is the exact error message that you are getting when using Internet Explorer?
    • What is the exact error message that you are getting when using Excel?

Meanwhile, you can refer to PranavMishra5582's suggested steps in fixing Internet Explorer issues on this

link

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Get rid of internet explorer

Internet Explorer Pop-Up invisible in Desktop

Thank you for the update, David. For further troubleshooting, we would like to know if Internet Explorer appears in Task Manager even without starting Internet Explorer or it appears and remains in Task Manager after opening and closing Internet Explorer?

If after opening Internet Explorer and it appears and remains in the Task Manager, we suggest opening Internet Explorer without add-ons and see if the issue persists. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button (lower-left corner) in Windows, and click
      Run.
    Alternatively, you can press the Windows logo key and the R key on your keyboard.

• In the Run box, type iexplore.exe -extoff
      and press Enter.

If doing the steps above eliminates the issue, then we suggest following this
    article
    for you to be able to manage/disable add-ons that's causing the issue in Internet Explorer 11. Managing
    other versions are also available at the bottom of the article.

We will be waiting for your update.

Loreto Osa, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Get rid of internet explorer

1. Get rid of internet explorer - Similar Threads - rid internet explorer

2. Get rid of pink

in Windows 10 Support
    Get rid of pink: [img] The dismal pink background is infesting Settings (shown) and Office (Excel and Word). How can I make it go away? 129732
  3. Get rid of internet explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Get rid of internet explorer: I have been using this guide to get rid of internet explorer 11 from my computer, however theres still a folder left with some leftover files in the program files folder. I cant delete it because of trustedinstaller. Please help. 128385
  4. get rid of it

in Windows 10 Support
    get rid of it: That area, where I typed "get rid of it", is supposed to be for a Group Name. I don't want it, not there anyway; I need the space now. How can I get rid of it? It wasn't there to start with. I put there somehow by mistake. Don Cole 125622
  5. How to get rid of Get rid of ms-resource:appDisplayName "bug" ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get rid of Get rid of ms-resource:appDisplayName "bug" ?: This was already asked on the insiders forum (?) and someone told all of us using final builds to post the question here so... Since RS3 (Is this the proper name for the release?) (don't know what build) update that the start menu has an unremovable...
  6. How to get Metro Internet Explorer back?

in Browsers and Email
    How to get Metro Internet Explorer back?: Edge is nice, but: 1) It's not touch friendly 2) It makes my fan spin up really loud 3) It makes my computer really really hot 4) Substantially reduces my battery life I have a i5 Surface Pro 3, and with Windows 8.1, it very rarely used to spin up the fan. Now, it...
  7. I cannot get Internet explorer to work

in Browsers and Email
    I cannot get Internet explorer to work: Good! Glad to hear. I successfully installed 14257; however, I have nothing but problems with it. I cannot get Internet explorer to work. It freezes up, cannot use the back or forward arrow, cannot change addresses, and at one time I received an error message saying...
  8. Get rid of Messenger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get rid of Messenger: Goodday Forum Friends: I hope every one I having a good day. I'm currently trying to get rid of a host of Microsoft crap that their system is trying to foist off on me. (There's about a half dozen I'm trying to work through.) Right now I'm trying to get rid of Messanger....
  9. how to get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Support
    how to get rid of this?: Hi guys: after i did a clean install of Win 10 TP, every time i boot too desktop i'm presented with this; see pic attach. 4481
  10. Getting rid of bloatware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting rid of bloatware: Hi , I want to perform clean windows 10 installation as my laptop comes with pre-installed windows image and I found that there are plenty of apps that I don't use ! So my question if I make clean windows installation will all my drivers work fine (including finger print...