Windows 10: Get rid of .jar file random pop up

Discus and support Get rid of .jar file random pop up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Months ago I tried to open a .jar file. Since then I have get regular a pop up every 20-30minutes saying "How do you want to open this .jar file? It is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hector Wallace, Jun 6, 2023.

1. Get rid of .jar file random pop up

Months ago I tried to open a .jar file. Since then I have get regular a pop up every 20-30minutes saying "How do you want to open this .jar file? It is so irritating!! Happen while watching Netflix or any other program. Any suggestions on how to get rid of it?? Appreciate any suggestions

:)

Hector Wallace, Jun 6, 2023
  2. DaveM121 Win User

jar files

Fixing .jar file opening on Windows requires two steps:

• Open the Control Panel, and chose "Default Programs - Associate a File type or protocol with a program". Find .jar extension (Executable JAR file) there, and pick Java as default program to open this extension. It will probably be listed as "Java Platform(SE)".
      A faster alternative perhaps is straightforward right-click on a .jar file, and then change associated program by clicking on the "Change..." button.
    • Now open the regedit, and open the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\jarfile\shell\open\command key. Luckilly for us, we may specify parameters there for the (Default) value. This is normally: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "%1" %*

I Hope this Answers your Question!

DaveM121, Jun 6, 2023
  3. temp02 Win User
    .java to .jar file

As a side note to Easy Rhinos comment, you can only jar .class files, meaning that you need to compile all the .java files and them jar the .class files resulting from the compilation. Example:
    Code: javac Test.java jar cf Teste.jar Test.class[/quote]

temp02, Jun 6, 2023
  4. Get rid of .jar file random pop up

Java .jar file is not downloaded as a java file.

Have you tried the second solution?

"Open the Settings app. Navigate to the System > Default apps.

Scroll all the way down and select Choose default apps by file type.

Locate the .jar file type and choose a default application.

This method offers limited options and you can only choose applications recognized by Windows 10. Fortunately, there’s another method that you can try. To change file associations, do the following:

Press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu and choose Control Panel from the list.

When Control Panel opens, select Default Programs.

Click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

Locate the .jar file on the list and double-click it.

A list of suggested applications will appear. Click on More apps.

Scroll all the way down and choose Look for another app on this PC.

Locate the javaw.exe file. By default, the application should be located in Program Files folder. Select the application and choose it as a default for .jar files.

Optional: Some users recommend changing the parameters of javaw.exe. To do that, simply locate the file and create its shortcut. Right-click it and navigate to the Properties. Now, locate the Target file and add -jar “%1” % . Be sure to select this newly created
    shortcut in Step 7.

You can also change file association by right clicking the jar file and choosing Open With > Choose another app. After doing that, follow the steps 5 to 8 from the above"

DouglasMillar69, Jun 6, 2023
Thema:

Get rid of .jar file random pop up

1. Get rid of .jar file random pop up - Similar Threads - rid jar file

2. how to get rid of program files x86 pop up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to get rid of program files x86 pop up: i have been experiencing this pop up problem for months which makes me leave windows 11 and downgrade back to windows 10 but it isn't much better it keeps on popping up and when i do try to click to exit it still comes back...
  3. how to get rid of program files x86 pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get rid of program files x86 pop up: i have been experiencing this pop up problem for months which makes me leave windows 11 and downgrade back to windows 10 but it isn't much better it keeps on popping up and when i do try to click to exit it still comes back...
  4. Get rid of .jar file random pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get rid of .jar file random pop up: Months ago I tried to open a .jar file. Since then I have get regular a pop up every 20-30minutes saying "How do you want to open this .jar file? It is so irritating!! Happen while watching Netflix or any other program. Any suggestions on how to get rid of it?? Appreciate any...
  5. Get rid of .jar file random pop up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get rid of .jar file random pop up: Months ago I tried to open a .jar file. Since then I have get regular a pop up every 20-30minutes saying "How do you want to open this .jar file? It is so irritating!! Happen while watching Netflix or any other program. Any suggestions on how to get rid of it?? Appreciate any...
  6. I can't get rid of pop-ups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't get rid of pop-ups: I keep getting pop-ups that say there are viruses and that I should scan my computer, but when I go to virus and threat protection and scan it says there are no viruses. These pop-ups are very annoying and I have no idea how to stop them. Is there any way to stop it?...
  7. How to get rid of Softonic pop ups

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of Softonic pop ups: I have Win 10 and have spent much time searching how to get rid of Softonic popups. I don't think there's any way to do it. Best I can tell, Softonics comes from Microsoft and is loaded into Microsoft Edge. And from there it invades all browsers. Even though I don't use Edge,...
  8. How to get rid of pop ups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to get rid of pop ups: Why do I keep getting the pop up, Saying call a certain number from Microsoft, and I know its not.. How do I get rid of these popups. 63170
  9. How to get rid of Bing popping up?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of Bing popping up?: Good Afternoon All, Since this forum always solves my problems I hope someone will kindly solve this one. When I don't use my computer for a while it goes dark and then when I click the mouse I have to click on my name and click sign in. When I do so Bing shopping or...
  10. How to get rid of pop ups

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of pop ups: I keep getting popups from suppose to be from Microsoft. We all that isn't really Microsoft. They say call the certain number and, they want money to fix the problems. How do I get rid of these popups? 63171