Windows 10: Get rid of 'language typing features' notification

Discus and support Get rid of 'language typing features' notification in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, Love Windows 10 so far, has exceeded my expectations. Apart from one annoying thing: the language typing features notification. I turned off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shotta287, Mar 1, 2016.

1. shotta287 Win User

Get rid of 'language typing features' notification

Hi all,
    Love Windows 10 so far, has exceeded my expectations. Apart from one annoying thing: the language typing features notification. I turned off windows tips in settings a while back and the notification stopped. But now it's back! Does anyone know how to get rid of it once and for all?

Many thanks in advance!

:)

shotta287, Mar 1, 2016

2. How do I get rid of "Language typing features" notification in Action Centre?

Hi Andy,

As of today, there is no way that we can filter out the "Language typing feature" notifications in the Action Center. You can send a feedback to Microsoft that we should have a way to do this in future updates of Windows 10. To do this, type Windows Feedback
    in the Search box. Sign in to your Microsoft account. After signing in, you'll be able to share your ideas on how we can improve Windows 10.

Also, have you considered turning on automatic updates in Windows 10? Once all the updates are installed, the notifications will be cleared as well:

Read turn on automatic updates in Windows 10.

Thanks.

Rolando Vil, Mar 1, 2016
  3. How do I get rid of "Language typing features" notification in Action Centre?

To answer your first question, if you choose Notify to schedule restart, you'll be notified that a restart has been scheduled and options will be provided for you to schedule a time for the restart to happen. The first option, will give
    you a suggestion on when to restart the PC to finish installing the update. The next option, allows you to pick the time and date to do it.

Get rid of 'language typing features' notification [​IMG]

For your last question, if you are on Automatic update, the notifications will be cleared because the updates have already been installed automatically. (If updates remain uninstalled they will just pile up. If you clear it up, it will come back again because
    Windows will notice that there are updates that are not yet installed.)

Thanks.

Rolando Vil, Mar 1, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

I have more than one language installed and I do not have that popup at all.
    I have no answer for you.

However, until you find the solution, here are 2 suggestions which you might not like any of them........
    1. Install the darn typing feature.
    2. A temporary workaround.
    Go to Settings > Devices > left side, Typing > right side, turn both sliders OFF.

davidhk, Mar 1, 2016
  5. shotta287 Win User
    Hi david, firstly thank you for replying. The issue seems to have gone after removing English USA as my second language. Hopefully that's sorted it!

shotta287, Mar 1, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Yes. Why do you need English (United States) while you are in United Kingdom ?

If it was because of Cortana, you can have it in UK now without the "workaround".

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Get rid of 'language typing features' notification - Similar Threads - rid 'language typing

2. How do I get rid of these notifications?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of these notifications?: I keep getting notifications saying I have a few viruses and it looked up the trojan virus and it said it was fake, so I do not click on it because it is trying to get me to download the site and is just so annoying to have it constantly popping up. I also get some...
  3. I cannot get rid of Swedish language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot get rid of Swedish language: I have tried to get rid of swedish from my newly purchased laptop, but I cannot get rid of it. I have deleted it from my preffered languages in the "region" settings, I have set up my microsoft account's preffered language to english, I have even tried changing the language...
  4. CANNOT GET RID OF A LANGUAGE LAYOUT

in Windows 10 Customization
    CANNOT GET RID OF A LANGUAGE LAYOUT: All the methods that I know or read about in forums are all not helping **** AM I SUPPOSE TO DO HERE IS LIKE THE LANGUAGE DOSENT EXIST BUT ITS STILL THERE AND I CAN USE IT I AM A TIRED OF ACCEDENTLY SWITCHING THE LANGUAGE WHEN PRESSING SHIFT+ALT HOW THE **** DO I GET RID OF...
  5. How do I get rid of Microsoft Family Features notifications

How do I get rid of Microsoft Family Features notifications: I'm a teenager, and I have parental control limits on a specific game. During the game, I get notifications in the bottom right, which forces me out for a few seconds. It's not a major problem, but it is still irritating. I've tried completely turning off my notifications...
  6. Getting Rid of CERTAIN Notifications in Win10?

Getting Rid of CERTAIN Notifications in Win10?: Hello Microsoft Community, When Windows10 starts on my laptop, notifications from OneDrive, ASUS, and others pop up immediately (there are usually two or three of them). Most of these notifications I have already seen and are therefore unimportant. I usually just...
  7. Download Language typing features FAILED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Download Language typing features FAILED: Hello, just recently reinstalled my laptop.. Now every day in on it, i get several prompts from windows to "download language typing features" When i press the notification, it says something with "we are adding..." i press that and i direct to page "manage optional...
  8. How to get rid of unwanted languages

How to get rid of unwanted languages: For some reason the keyboard also has the american language installed even though i haven't installed it. <----- The one on the end but I only have English(UK) installed basically, how to get rid of this? Thanks...
  9. Getting Rid of Firewall Notifications

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting Rid of Firewall Notifications: Hi all, I have Windows Firewall disabled. I know this and it has to stay that way. I use a lot of AV apps that will not function with it on, even with exceptions. In any case, I keep getting toast alerts saying it is disabled and I can't get rid of it. I had Action...
  10. "Language Typing Features" Popping up

in Windows 10 Support
    "Language Typing Features" Popping up: On my Windows 10 installation (Home, 64-bit), I have disabled "Show app notifications" AND "Show me tips about Windows". However, every now and then a message pops up (from the "Action Centre" just next to the clock) stating "Language typing feature - Install typing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dutch typing failed notification

2. download language typing features notice

3. download language typing

4. turn off download language typing features,
  5. language typing features notification,
  6. download language typing features notification