Windows 10: Get rid of mandatory reboot to install something.

Discus and support Get rid of mandatory reboot to install something. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there anyway to get rid of the mandatory you must reboot to install a program thing? 51645 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ZippyDSMlee, May 27, 2016.

1. Get rid of mandatory reboot to install something.

Is there anyway to get rid of the mandatory you must reboot to install a program thing?

:)

ZippyDSMlee, May 27, 2016

2. How can I get rid of this mandatory new piece of **** email process and getr back to plain old outlook?

Hi Pea,

Welcome Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel when things would not work as expected.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

1. How are you accessing your outlook mail? Are you using Outlook.com or office outlook?

2. What exactly happens when you access mail? Do you see any error?

If the issues are concern with outlook office, app the issue you posted would be better suited in the MS office Forums; we would recommend posting your query in the office Forums for further assistance.

Results in Office - Microsoft Community

Please reply with the status of the issue so that we can help you better.

Sudharshan M K, May 27, 2016
  3. Pea Gray Win User
    How can I get rid of this mandatory new piece of **** email process and getr back to plain old outlook?

Outlook seems impossible to get to simply. Why is this such an ordeal?

I also want to add another account to my outlook - again an unnecessary ordeal.

We pay a lot of extra money and are limited by some one else's idea of good idea which is basically a bunch of ****.

Pea Gray, May 27, 2016
  4. Rocky Win User

Get rid of mandatory reboot to install something.

Yes, try Linux. But of course even in Linux there are times that a re-boot is necessary after new software is installed.

Rocky, May 27, 2016
  5. Dude Win User
    The reboot is needed to update the registry.

6. not all programs update the registry tho and the damn random win updates are forcing me to restart a lot just to install something. It's driving me batty.

7. If I wanted a glorified paper weight I'd get mac. Get rid of mandatory reboot to install something. :p

8. Berton Win User

I have a reboot now and then on my MacBook Pro but mostly associated with the OS rather than with programs, now am running El Capitan on a mid-2010 machine that came with Snow Leopard [I skipped Lion but did all the others].

Berton, May 27, 2016
  9. I know I know nearly anything is better than haphazard windose, even Android is a better OS. Wine needs to get alot better for me to switch to a nix/mac system that or get a virtual work station to run full windose with video card support. That would work as well.

Between games and a few programs windose is about all I can use.

10. Rocky Win User
    So you love Windows. Oh well.

Rocky, May 27, 2016
  11. Not so much but all the crap I use dose, there go if I can not use my crap, most of which is paid for, I'd rather not, not use them and all.

12. marsmimar Win User
    marsmimar, May 27, 2016
  13. Mystere Win User

Actually, no reboot is necessary to update the registry. The reboot is necessary to replace files that are in-use at the time the application is installed (such as with a newer version).

Some apps always say you have to reboot, even though they've done nothing that requires it. Some apps are smart and only reboot if it is actually needed. It's hard to know which kind of app you're installing, so it's usually best to just reboot.

With Windows System updates, if it says a reboot is required, then it's generally the smart kind. It knows what it's done, and it knows if you need to reboot. However, you can typically continue using Windows and let the automatic reboot happen at 3am or whatever time you specify, or simply just wait until you shut down for the day. Be aware, though, the issue the update is fixing may not be fixed until the reboot occurs.

Mystere, May 27, 2016
  14. Pretty much, I had it on automatic reboot but it was not rebooting since the computer goes unused for 4 or 5 hours aday LOL. I got it set to notify. So I'll just have to reboot it when I can.

ZippyDSMlee, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Get rid of mandatory reboot to install something. - Similar Threads - rid mandatory reboot

2. There are something on my Laptop and I cannot get rid of it.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    There are something on my Laptop and I cannot get rid of it.: Recently I am downloading games for Steam. I find it the downloading speed is really slow and I open edge to check on it. And my edge settings are gone wrong, from a default English interface change into a Czech language then Bulgarian then Praha, there is a cookies agreement...
  3. Get rid of something that appears on the botton right of my screnn

in Windows 10 Customization
    Get rid of something that appears on the botton right of my screnn: Hello, how can I get rid of this, it appears on the botton right of my screen... Nothing happens when I click on it and it is in the way sometimes... Thanks in advance, Best regards, Clint[ATTACH]...
  4. install failed and I cant get rid of it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    install failed and I cant get rid of it: I was installing Ark Survival evolved on my pc when I shut it off. the files are now somewhere and I cant find them to uninstall them. If this was only like 10 gigs I would not care but it is 100 gigs so any help to get rid of it would be appreciated. submitted by...
  5. How do I get rid of this everytime I search something?

How do I get rid of this everytime I search something?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/EBM9000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gvlmuj/how_do_i_get_rid_of_this_everytime_i_search/
  6. Was there a bad update or something? Cant get rid of code 31.

Was there a bad update or something? Cant get rid of code 31.: So before I installed my new Ryzen 5 1600 with the Asus prime b350-a mobo this week, I used to never have any issues with my USB ports. Last night I had trouble connecting my Samsung s8 to my pc and it wouldn't recognize. I did all the googles I could and all the solutions...
  7. Getting rid of Ubuntu and installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting rid of Ubuntu and installing Windows 10: Hi, I have a laptop with Ubuntu 18.10 and i am trying to install windows 10 on it. I have a bootable usb with windows 10 but the install does not automatically start when i restart the laptop. Any guidance on how I can resolve this?...
  8. get rid of it

in Windows 10 Support
    get rid of it: That area, where I typed "get rid of it", is supposed to be for a Group Name. I don't want it, not there anyway; I need the space now. How can I get rid of it? It wasn't there to start with. I put there somehow by mistake. Don Cole 125622
  9. get rid of the sign on pics or at least something I like

in Windows 10 Customization
    get rid of the sign on pics or at least something I like: These sign on photos in Lock Screen are annoying. Worse is: MS always saves the one's I Do NoT Likr, now stuck with them. how and where can I change to something I enjoy. thanks 98864
  10. Installation has forced a mandatory password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Installation has forced a mandatory password: so I put 10 in my family computer and now my computer is forced to use my live password as a mandatory password, and there is no way to remove it. So I am asking, how do I remove the Mandatory password, because it is beyond grotesque something else dictates how I manage my...