Windows 10: Get rid of Messenger

Discus and support Get rid of Messenger in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Goodday Forum Friends: I hope every one I having a good day. I'm currently trying to get rid of a host of Microsoft crap that their system is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Powell Lucas, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Get rid of Messenger

Goodday Forum Friends:

I hope every one I having a good day.
    I'm currently trying to get rid of a host of Microsoft crap that their system is trying to foist off on me. (There's about a half dozen I'm trying to work through.) Right now I'm trying to get rid of Messanger. Whenever I click on a Facebook friend I get a pop-up screen that informs me I have to install this junk on my system to make a connection. I have used the PowerShell to get rid of Groove, but so far that appears to be the only one it seems to work on.

:)

Powell Lucas, Mar 23, 2017

2. Battery life problem on E71 after installing Whatsapp application

get rid of whats app messenger

malange007, Mar 23, 2017
  3. How do I get rid of this Facebook Messenger (oops, Chat - see my last few Replies) pop-up that I must have agreed to?

I know that this Community is for Microsoft product issues only but I was feeling desperate and I hoped that somebody here could just jump in and at least tell me what was happening.

I finally figured out on my own somehow that I'd somehow accepted to allow Facebook to turn ON their Chat system which they sent me some robo Notification that "25 of your Friends are using Chat. Would you like to?"

So after I let it turn ON Chat, which I had no idea what it was, it suddenly kept letting any more of my Friends try to Chat with me, as they could now see whenever I was online.

I finally figured out how to turn Chat OFF.

Jeff A. Davis, Mar 23, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Get rid of Messenger

Hello Powell, *Smile

Using the PowerShell command below should remove the "Messenger" app for the current user from Option 2 in the tutorial below.

Uninstall Apps in Windows 10

Get-AppxPackage *Messaging* | Remove-AppxPackage

Brink, Mar 23, 2017
Thema:

Get rid of Messenger

1. Get rid of Messenger - Similar Threads - rid Messenger

2. How do I get rid of the Windows Error making my computer not "activate" Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of the Windows Error making my computer not "activate" Windows 10.: I am desperately trying to change the background of my desktop as it is in the "cycling stage" where it randomly picks what background would show. In attempting to personalize the computer it says I must have Windows activated. Despite the fact I have Windows 10 activated and...
  3. How do I get rid of the Windows Error making my computer not "activate" Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of the Windows Error making my computer not "activate" Windows 10.: I am desperately trying to change the background of my desktop as it is in the "cycling stage" where it randomly picks what background would show. In attempting to personalize the computer it says I must have Windows activated. Despite the fact I have Windows 10 activated and...
  4. How do I get rid of the Windows Error making my computer not "activate" Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Auto get rid off application that doesn't exist anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto get rid off application that doesn't exist anymore: All files have been deleted and yet the program continues to be visible in applications.https://imgur.com/a/wQfHPyl https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-get-rid-off-application-that-doesnt-exist/0956fab3-9787-4474-b9cf-6704d5ed1107
  6. How to get rid of this "Force Delete" option from my show more options menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of this "Force Delete" option from my show more options menu: Hi there, a while ago, there was this file I couldn't delete, so i downloaded this app called ForceDelete. Eventually I got rid of it, but unfortunately, I found that this more options menu item did not get removed when I uninstalled it. How do I get rid of this? Screenshot...
  7. How to get rid of this "Force Delete" option from my show more options menu

How to get rid of this "Force Delete" option from my show more options menu: Hi there, a while ago, there was this file I couldn't delete, so i downloaded this app called ForceDelete. Eventually I got rid of it, but unfortunately, I found that this more options menu item did not get removed when I uninstalled it. How do I get rid of this? Screenshot...
  8. how to get rid of my virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get rid of my virus: i tried everything and nothing working should I reset my pc or do you guys have another way of fixing it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-my-virus/47ff9219-1c4d-47c2-92bd-e976a2528270
  9. how to get rid of my virus

how to get rid of my virus: i tried everything and nothing working should I reset my pc or do you guys have another way of fixing it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-my-virus/47ff9219-1c4d-47c2-92bd-e976a2528270
  10. How do I get rid of the red box around my snapshot in the snipping tool?

How do I get rid of the red box around my snapshot in the snipping tool?: Every time I use the snipping tool, it keeps the "selection box" as part of the image. How can I remove the red "selection box" from my snapshot?...