Windows 10: Get rid of Messenger

Discus and support Get rid of Messenger in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Goodday Forum Friends: I hope every one I having a good day. I'm currently trying to get rid of a host of Microsoft crap that their system is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Powell Lucas, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Get rid of Messenger

Goodday Forum Friends:

I hope every one I having a good day.
    I'm currently trying to get rid of a host of Microsoft crap that their system is trying to foist off on me. (There's about a half dozen I'm trying to work through.) Right now I'm trying to get rid of Messanger. Whenever I click on a Facebook friend I get a pop-up screen that informs me I have to install this junk on my system to make a connection. I have used the PowerShell to get rid of Groove, but so far that appears to be the only one it seems to work on.

:)

Powell Lucas, Mar 23, 2017

2. Battery life problem on E71 after installing Whatsapp application

get rid of whats app messenger

malange007, Mar 23, 2017
  3. How do I get rid of this Facebook Messenger (oops, Chat - see my last few Replies) pop-up that I must have agreed to?

I know that this Community is for Microsoft product issues only but I was feeling desperate and I hoped that somebody here could just jump in and at least tell me what was happening.

I finally figured out on my own somehow that I'd somehow accepted to allow Facebook to turn ON their Chat system which they sent me some robo Notification that "25 of your Friends are using Chat. Would you like to?"

So after I let it turn ON Chat, which I had no idea what it was, it suddenly kept letting any more of my Friends try to Chat with me, as they could now see whenever I was online.

I finally figured out how to turn Chat OFF.

Jeff A. Davis, Mar 23, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Get rid of Messenger

Hello Powell, *Smile

Using the PowerShell command below should remove the "Messenger" app for the current user from Option 2 in the tutorial below.

Uninstall Apps in Windows 10

Get-AppxPackage *Messaging* | Remove-AppxPackage

Brink, Mar 23, 2017
Thema:

Get rid of Messenger

1. Get rid of Messenger - Similar Threads - rid Messenger

2. How to get rid of the Caps Lock ON/OFF visual display [WINDOWS 11; HP]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of the Caps Lock ON/OFF visual display [WINDOWS 11; HP]: Hi all,All of a sudden this annoying box has turned on and for some reason please see attached images below. Not sure what's caused it, for the life of me I can't seem to find out how to turn this back off. First time I've encountered this, tried results from other pages on...
  3. How to get rid of the Caps Lock ON/OFF visual display [WINDOWS 11; HP]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of the Caps Lock ON/OFF visual display [WINDOWS 11; HP]: Hi all,All of a sudden this annoying box has turned on and for some reason please see attached images below. Not sure what's caused it, for the life of me I can't seem to find out how to turn this back off. First time I've encountered this, tried results from other pages on...
  4. Absolutely HATE COPILOT. GET RID OF IT!!! How annoying and constantly interrupts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Absolutely HATE COPILOT. GET RID OF IT!!! How annoying and constantly interrupts: Hate itHate itHate it Hate itGet it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/absolutely-hate-copilot-get-rid-of-it-how-annoying/6117a87f-eafb-481d-a58e-2cb5f8808187
  5. Absolutely HATE COPILOT. GET RID OF IT!!! How annoying and constantly interrupts

Absolutely HATE COPILOT. GET RID OF IT!!! How annoying and constantly interrupts: Hate itHate itHate it Hate itGet it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/absolutely-hate-copilot-get-rid-of-it-how-annoying/6117a87f-eafb-481d-a58e-2cb5f8808187
  6. How to get rid of ping spikes happening every 8-15 seconds. Happens while video streaming...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of ping spikes happening every 8-15 seconds. Happens while video streaming...: For a couple of days now I have been experiencing rough ping spikes while gaming and video streaming. It happens between consistent intervals, usually around every 8-15 seconds. It will jump up to 200 or even 300 and then back down. I have tried many solutions but nothing has...
  7. How to get rid of ping spikes happening every 8-15 seconds. Happens while video streaming...

How to get rid of ping spikes happening every 8-15 seconds. Happens while video streaming...: For a couple of days now I have been experiencing rough ping spikes while gaming and video streaming. It happens between consistent intervals, usually around every 8-15 seconds. It will jump up to 200 or even 300 and then back down. I have tried many solutions but nothing has...
  8. How can I get rid of the two "up" and "down" grey arrows that recently appeared in my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get rid of the two "up" and "down" grey arrows that recently appeared in my taskbar?: Two "up" and "down" grey arrows appeared recently in my taskbar - this has never happened before.They are the arrows that would appear if I had more items open than would fit in the taskbar, but this isn't the case - if I used the arrows to scroll up or down, the rest of the...
  9. How can I get rid of the two "up" and "down" grey arrows that recently appeared in my taskbar?

How can I get rid of the two "up" and "down" grey arrows that recently appeared in my taskbar?: Two "up" and "down" grey arrows appeared recently in my taskbar - this has never happened before.They are the arrows that would appear if I had more items open than would fit in the taskbar, but this isn't the case - if I used the arrows to scroll up or down, the rest of the...
  10. How can I get rid of the two "up" and "down" grey arrows that recently appeared in my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization