Windows 10: Get rid of Microsoft Edge shortcut from Taskbar

Discus and support Get rid of Microsoft Edge shortcut from Taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft, I do not want a shortcut to Microsoft Edge on my taskbar. How can I remove it? Barbara.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Barbara Macaque, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Get rid of Microsoft Edge shortcut from Taskbar

Dear Microsoft,

I do not want a shortcut to Microsoft Edge on my taskbar. How can I remove it?

Barbara.

:)

Barbara Macaque, Sep 21, 2018

2. Edge Shortcut disappeared

Hello,

It is possible that several system files have been corrupted on your computer causing Microsoft Edge shortcut not to appear. To help you out with your concern, we suggest that you open the Microsoft Edge and try to pin it to your taskbar. You may refer to
    the steps below:

• Open Cortana.
    • Type Microsoft Edge.
    • Right-click on Microsoft Edge and select Pin to taskbar.

After you pin it back, you should be able to use Microsoft Edge properly without problems.

If the issue persists, we recommend running the System File Checker tool
    to repair missing or corrupted system files on your computer.

Let us know the outcome and if you need further help.

Stephanie Sal, Sep 21, 2018
  3. How do I add a shortcut to the Taskbar on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are unable to add a shortcut to the taskbar in Windows 10. You are right that there is no option to pin the shortcut to the taskbar. However, you should be able to drag and drop the shortcut to the taskbar. If you are unable
    to do that try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

• Open the network connection page by clicking on the shortcut.
    • Once that page is open, you could see the same in the taskbar.
    • Now, right click on the icon of network connection in the taskbar which is representing your shortcut.
    • Select the option pin to the taskbar.
    • Now the shortcut will be pinned to the taskbar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Sep 21, 2018
  4. Get rid of Microsoft Edge shortcut from Taskbar

Create desktop shortcuts to websites with Edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open a webpage in Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the three dots at top right corner.
    • Choose Open with Internet Explorer.
    • Right Click and click on create shortcut.
    • The shortcut shall open in Microsoft Edge, if it is your default browser.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

Get rid of Microsoft Edge shortcut from Taskbar

1. Get rid of Microsoft Edge shortcut from Taskbar - Similar Threads - rid Microsoft Edge

2. How to Get Rid of Smoothed Edges in Microsoft Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Get Rid of Smoothed Edges in Microsoft Apps: When using apps such as Word and Excel, the edges around buttons, text boxes, the ribbon, and tabs in excel are all smoothed or "rounded" as opposed to having square or "sharp" edges. Does anyone know how to disable the smoothed edges and revert to square edges?Interestingly...
  3. How to Get Rid of Smoothed Edges in Microsoft Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Get Rid of Smoothed Edges in Microsoft Apps: When using apps such as Word and Excel, the edges around buttons, text boxes, the ribbon, and tabs in excel are all smoothed or "rounded" as opposed to having square or "sharp" edges. Does anyone know how to disable the smoothed edges and revert to square edges?Interestingly...
  4. How to get rid of these shortcuts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of these shortcuts?: So, I had WSL Windows Subsystem for Linux. I unregistered Debian and uninstalled both the WSL and Debian apps. The problem is that the Debian shortcut is still here and it's annoying. Anybody know how to fix this?...
  5. How to get rid of these shortcuts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of these shortcuts?: So, I had WSL Windows Subsystem for Linux. I unregistered Debian and uninstalled both the WSL and Debian apps. The problem is that the Debian shortcut is still here and it's annoying. Anybody know how to fix this?...
  6. How to get rid of Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get rid of Microsoft Edge?: Hi, I'm trying to prevent Edge from opening on startup (again). Every guide I find online seems outdated. I've followed the steps suggested by MS. Edge still opens up on startup. If I go in the task manager on the in the Startup tab, Edge isn't listed (I probably removed it...
  7. Get rid of Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Get rid of Microsoft Edge: I did not mean to install Microsoft Edge but it happened anyway, possibly as part of an update. I HATE IT! How can I get it off my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-rid-of-microsoft-edge/8950cc4b-7803-422f-8a7f-ef20605dd5e2
  8. get rid of Microsoft Edge at startup

in Browsers and Email
    get rid of Microsoft Edge at startup: Hi All! I ‘m just slowly going nut..: Can’t get rid of Microsoft edge when start-up. Yet I followed all advice in this forum and where ever I can get . So I tried all that: 1 - I open TASK MANAGER.. Microsoft Egde is nowhere. 2 - I’ve tried The LOCAL GROUP POLICY >Computer...
  9. get rid of Microsoft Edge at startup

in Windows 10 Support
    get rid of Microsoft Edge at startup: Hi All! I ‘m just slowly going nut..: Can’t get rid of Microsoft edge when start-up. Yet I followed all advice in this forum and where ever I can get . So I tried all that: 1 - I open TASK MANAGER.. Microsoft Egde is nowhere. 2 - I’ve tried The LOCAL GROUP POLICY >Computer...
  10. Deleting Microsoft Edge Shortcut from Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting Microsoft Edge Shortcut from Desktop: Hello, This may seem like a stupid question but I was going to delete the Microsoft edge shortcut from my Windows 10 desktop and wanted to make sure I wasn't deleting the actual application. I remember when I was a kid I was cleaning my desktop and deleted what I thought...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to delete microsoft edge shortcut

2. disable edge shortcut on taskbar

3. how to remove microsoft edge from taskbar

4. how to get rid of shortcuts,
  5. how to get rid microsoft edge,
  6. how to get rid of edge shortcut on desktop,
  7. get rid of taskbar edge,
  8. how to remove microsoft edge shortcut,
  9. hot to remove ms edge from taskbar,
  10. how to get rid of the taskbar microsoft edge,
  11. how to get microsoft edge from taskbar,