Windows 10: Get rid of mystery user

Discus and support Get rid of mystery user in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; [img] Here's the login Page. As you see there are two choices of logins, both the same name. The one shown is bogus; there is no password. The other... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by tcebob, Jul 10, 2019.

1. tcebob Win User

Get rid of mystery user

Get rid of mystery user [​IMG]

Here's the login Page. As you see there are two choices of logins, both the same name. The one shown is bogus; there is no password. The other is true and accepts my pin. I can't get any info in Settings. How can I straighten this out?

:)

tcebob, Jul 10, 2019
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Mystery local user present with no account

Good afternoon Andre,

Thank you for your feedback, most appreciated. I tried both of your suggestions and the 1st5 user was not listed in either, just my original local user name was listed. I also tried to cut the 1st5 user folder from the C;/users listing and paste it to a
    thumb drive so I didn't loose it but I got this error code, 0x80070057, that prevents me from moving it saying the "parameter is incorrect". Any other suggestions would be welcomed.

R/Confused

Also when I got the error I mentioned above there was a Folder with a person's picture and MY local user name, not the 1st5 user name.

J.W. Sargent, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Get rid of mystery user

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Get rid of mystery user

1. Get rid of mystery user - Similar Threads - rid mystery user

2. gETTING RID OF bING

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    gETTING RID OF bING: I cannot get rid of Bing as my search engine. I want to use Chrome I.follow suggestions I advanced settings but address bar section does not appear What do I DO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-rid-of-bing/9827cac9-60bf-4c93-830f-d9454c923b67
  3. Get rid of pink

in Windows 10 Support
    Get rid of pink: [img] The dismal pink background is infesting Settings (shown) and Office (Excel and Word). How can I make it go away? 129732
  4. get rid of it

in Windows 10 Support
    get rid of it: That area, where I typed "get rid of it", is supposed to be for a Group Name. I don't want it, not there anyway; I need the space now. How can I get rid of it? It wasn't there to start with. I put there somehow by mistake. Don Cole 125622
  5. How to get rid of Get rid of ms-resource:appDisplayName "bug" ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get rid of Get rid of ms-resource:appDisplayName "bug" ?: This was already asked on the insiders forum (?) and someone told all of us using final builds to post the question here so... Since RS3 (Is this the proper name for the release?) (don't know what build) update that the start menu has an unremovable...
  6. How to get rid of someone's old user account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to get rid of someone's old user account?: I have installed Windows 10 on a computer that was given to me by a friend. I have my microsoft user account with my name Claudia's PC. But when I look on my Administrator's folder which I renamed 'Claudia' on my desktop and compare it with when I put that same folder...
  7. Get rid of my user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Get rid of my user account: Hello users. When I reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop I did so that it was not signed into any account and it just came on. So the other night I used the email application to check my email. Next time I turned the laptop on it asked for my password!!! *Mad I have now...
  8. Get rid of Messenger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get rid of Messenger: Goodday Forum Friends: I hope every one I having a good day. I'm currently trying to get rid of a host of Microsoft crap that their system is trying to foist off on me. (There's about a half dozen I'm trying to work through.) Right now I'm trying to get rid of Messanger....
  9. how to get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Support
    how to get rid of this?: Hi guys: after i did a clean install of Win 10 TP, every time i boot too desktop i'm presented with this; see pic attach. 4481
  10. Getting rid of bloatware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting rid of bloatware: Hi , I want to perform clean windows 10 installation as my laptop comes with pre-installed windows image and I found that there are plenty of apps that I don't use ! So my question if I make clean windows installation will all my drivers work fine (including finger print...