Windows 10: Get rid of mystery user

Discus and support Get rid of mystery user in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; [img] Here's the login Page. As you see there are two choices of logins, both the same name. The one shown is bogus; there is no password. The other... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by tcebob, Jul 10, 2019.

1. tcebob Win User

Get rid of mystery user

Get rid of mystery user [​IMG]

Here's the login Page. As you see there are two choices of logins, both the same name. The one shown is bogus; there is no password. The other is true and accepts my pin. I can't get any info in Settings. How can I straighten this out?

:)

tcebob, Jul 10, 2019
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Mystery local user present with no account

Good afternoon Andre,

Thank you for your feedback, most appreciated. I tried both of your suggestions and the 1st5 user was not listed in either, just my original local user name was listed. I also tried to cut the 1st5 user folder from the C;/users listing and paste it to a
    thumb drive so I didn't loose it but I got this error code, 0x80070057, that prevents me from moving it saying the "parameter is incorrect". Any other suggestions would be welcomed.

R/Confused

Also when I got the error I mentioned above there was a Folder with a person's picture and MY local user name, not the 1st5 user name.

J.W. Sargent, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Get rid of mystery user

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Get rid of mystery user

1. Get rid of mystery user - Similar Threads - rid mystery user

2. Can't get rid of mysterious "CD Player" in order to free up D: Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't get rid of mysterious "CD Player" in order to free up D: Drive: As shown I have 6 drives with this mysterious CD Drive not showing up. I also already uninstalled all VD'sexcept for MS Virtual Drive and it still won't leave. ALso when I try to eject I get an error message. Lastly it doesn't show up in Diskpart either....
  3. Can't get rid of mysterious "CD Player" in order to free up D: Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get rid of mysterious "CD Player" in order to free up D: Drive: As shown I have 6 drives with this mysterious CD Drive not showing up. I also already uninstalled all VD'sexcept for MS Virtual Drive and it still won't leave. ALso when I try to eject I get an error message. Lastly it doesn't show up in Diskpart either....
  4. Can't get rid of mysterious "CD Player" in order to free up D: Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Get rid of phantom user?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get rid of phantom user?: According to all of the This PC folders there is a phantom user on my computer. Every folder there says it's deejh that is the user. However, I went into Command Prompt as an administrator and this is what it says are the users on my Lenovo:As you can see, there as no user...
  6. Get rid of phantom user?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get rid of phantom user?: According to all of the This PC folders there is a phantom user on my computer. Every folder there says it's deejh that is the user. However, I went into Command Prompt as an administrator and this is what it says are the users on my Lenovo:As you can see, there as no user...
  7. Mysterious User

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Mysterious User: I came across a mysterious user account on my PC called KCAV1_m0f3hql. When I tried to delete it I was told the folder was open; It`s 5.62 GBs. The name does not appear in the Control Panel under Users Name. It only appears under User Profiles. Where did it come from? I...
  8. New User Mysteriously Added?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New User Mysteriously Added?: So a while back, I went to restart my pc, and I got a message that said something along the lines of "another user is still using this pc, if you sign out now they may lose work". I had never seen this before, so after googling the meaning, I checked the Users under task...
  9. How to get rid of someone's old user account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to get rid of someone's old user account?: I have installed Windows 10 on a computer that was given to me by a friend. I have my microsoft user account with my name Claudia's PC. But when I look on my Administrator's folder which I renamed 'Claudia' on my desktop and compare it with when I put that same folder...
  10. Get rid of my user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Get rid of my user account: Hello users. When I reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop I did so that it was not signed into any account and it just came on. So the other night I used the email application to check my email. Next time I turned the laptop on it asked for my password!!! *Mad I have now...