Windows 10: Get rid of nested Application Data folders generated by robocopying C drive.

Discus and support Get rid of nested Application Data folders generated by robocopying C drive. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have the following problem. I was using robocopy to copy my C: disk to an external driver a backup of sort, that is, to folder D:\C_backup. However... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dario de Judicibus, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Get rid of nested Application Data folders generated by robocopying C drive.

I have the following problem. I was using robocopy to copy my C: disk to an external driver a backup of sort, that is, to folder D:\C_backup. However robocopy got puzzled because the junction files and folders and created a lot of nested "Application Data" folders. So I stopped it. Now I want to delete D:\C_backup but I cannot fiind any way to do it. Working with permissions DOES NOT fix the porblem. Even if I get the ownership of all folders and subfolders and get Full Control of them, it looks like I am in an infinite loop of folders. I need a way to get rid of that directory. I cannot format the HD because it is 4TB and I have a lot of other stuff there. Please, reply ONLY if you KNOW how to fix it. No "try and hope" suggestions. Thank you in adavnce.

:)

Dario de Judicibus, Dec 1, 2020

2. nested desktop folder

After I examining your folder listing, I need to ask for some clarification:

• Where exactly do you feel you have the unwanted nested folders?
    • The Downloads folder is normalla located here:

C:\Users\Doug\Downloads

In your case it is located here:

C:\Users\Doug\Desktop\New Personal\Downloads

Is there any particular reason for this?

Frederik Long, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Robocopy copies folders not in Documents to my backup Documents folder on 2nd drive.

Two things:

• You must surroound your folder names with double quotes:

robocopy "C:\Users\my name\Documents . . ." "D:\Dropbox\my name\Documents
      . . ."
    • Robocopy often hides target folders, causing users to think they are missing. Look for hidden folders.

Frederik Long, Dec 1, 2020
  4. gs99 Win User

Get rid of nested Application Data folders generated by robocopying C drive.

User folders in root C: drive

In my new Windows 10, these folders were generated:

• Intel
    • PerfLogs
    • Program Files
    • Program Files (x86)
    • Users
    • Windows
    Is there a policy of users generating new folders in this root C: drive?

On my old W7 PC I had several folders in C:, providing a shorter path for applications.

E.g. Is there an advantage when new Windows software is installed?

gs99, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Get rid of nested Application Data folders generated by robocopying C drive.

1. Get rid of nested Application Data folders generated by robocopying C drive. - Similar Threads - rid nested Application

2. C drive getting full then it deletes and adds data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive getting full then it deletes and adds data: C drive has been having issues after I have downloaded something wrong I assumeBut windows defender and Malwarebytes did not detect anything and it's really frustrating me cause I have no idea what is causing this strange behaviour of fluctuating Cdrive space going up and...
  3. C drive getting full then it deletes and adds data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive getting full then it deletes and adds data: C drive has been having issues after I have downloaded something wrong I assumeBut windows defender and Malwarebytes did not detect anything and it's really frustrating me cause I have no idea what is causing this strange behaviour of fluctuating Cdrive space going up and...
  4. C drive getting full then it deletes and adds data

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to get rid of 16bit application?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of 16bit application?: I am getting this notification, but I don't know where it came from. Now I want to get rid of this problem. How can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-16bit-application/3337d9df-2740-4e37-8bd4-387721292eef
  6. How to get rid of 16bit application?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of 16bit application?: I am getting this notification, but I don't know where it came from. Now I want to get rid of this problem. How can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-16bit-application/3337d9df-2740-4e37-8bd4-387721292eef
  7. Windows C drive and E drive folder generated Automatically

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows C drive and E drive folder generated Automatically: Assalamu Alaikum.I am a windows 10 home user. I recently found that 3 folder automatically was generated in E drive associated with windows. At the very first when i bought it they were not there.The files are Wpsystem and windows appsAgain in C drive 4-5 folder has been...
  8. Getting rid of a drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting rid of a drive: I have an issue where I upgraded my pc and decided to ditch my hard drive. Now Im trying to redownload mincecraft and am unable to because it was downloaded on my old drive. So when I try to run the setup I select C drive as the location, yet I get a pop up saying E drive is...
  9. C: drive and DATA drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C: drive and DATA drive: So I have had my current computer for a little while now, and I just now... I know silly me. Discovered a 1.8TB hard drive and its called DATA and I really would like to shift my current install to that drive, but I do not now how, so I have decided to ask here. I have...
  10. nested desktop folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    nested desktop folder: I installed a new programme this morning for bridge scoring which should automate links to emails to send out results. The email link proved difficult so I tried the normal email route of adding the results as an attachment. The attachment folder was suddenly not visible...