Windows 10: Get rid of the "Delete" option form the context menu in File Explorer

Discus and support Get rid of the "Delete" option form the context menu in File Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there any way get rid of the "Delete" option form the context menu in File Explorer? I have spent hours trying to find a solution for this extremely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by koolestani, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Get rid of the "Delete" option form the context menu in File Explorer

Is there any way get rid of the "Delete" option form the context menu in File Explorer? I have spent hours trying to find a solution for this extremely tiny speck of a tweak.

I have now tried tons of context menu editors to no avail (good god there are so many).

The closest I have come to the desired result are these two options

This seems like an overkill
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/pre...ectedfrom=MSDN

And so does this
    Prevent Cut, Paste, Copy, Delete, Re-naming of files & folders

So to remove any confusion; I know that users can still delete stuff using all kinds of other methods, that's not a problem.
    I need the Delete option gone from the context menu for all files/folders when using File Explorer.
    Any suggestion to achieve exactly what I need and nothing more or less is appreciated.

Thank you

:)

koolestani, Feb 4, 2020

2. How to get rid of old context menus?

I was going to suggest editing teh registry , but....

francis511, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Get rid of the "Delete" option form the context menu in File Explorer :(

ArmoredCavalry, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Get rid of the "Delete" option form the context menu in File Explorer

File Explorer task bar context menu pinned items not working

Basically, when I right-click on the File Explorer it brings up the context menu fine. But when I click on a pinned or recent document it closes the context menu and then nothing happens. All other context menus work fine. Also, the File Explorer, Unpin
    and Close Window options work fine (although sometimes the list of recent files covers those options).

I tried to fix it by running gpedit.msc and going to
    User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > File Explorer and disabled Remove File Explorer’s default context menu. I also enabled Display the menu bar in File Explorer (they were both not
    configured by default). And then I restarted my computer. It fixed nothing.

Just a small problem, because I can always just open another window through the context menu or if it's cover open another directory in another window through the already opened window. It's just a pain because I do
    a lot of file management, and it makes it really tedious and slow.

Thanks,

-

Electroshockist, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Get rid of the "Delete" option form the context menu in File Explorer

1. Get rid of the "Delete" option form the context menu in File Explorer - Similar Threads - rid Delete option

2. Get rid of deleted software shortcut from context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get rid of deleted software shortcut from context menu: Please how do I get rid of this Microsoft Access Database shortcut that is still on my pc though it has been uninstalled from my pc. I have uninstalled the office suite, and cleaned it with a wise registry cleaner, cc cleaner, and others but couldn't get rid of the shortcut...
  3. Get rid of deleted software shortcut from context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get rid of deleted software shortcut from context menu: Please how do I get rid of this Microsoft Access Database shortcut that is still on my pc though it has been uninstalled from my pc. I have uninstalled the office suite, and cleaned it with a wise registry cleaner, cc cleaner, and others but couldn't get rid of the shortcut...
  4. Get rid of deleted software shortcut from context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Customize File Explorer context menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize File Explorer context menu?: I tried searching the tutorials but came up empty . . . Is it possible to customize the file explorer context menu to remove items you don't want to appear on the menu? The "context" in this case is the menu that appears when you click on a .txt file, an image file or a...
  6. How to get rid of that annoying "Emoji" in the Windows 10 Explorer context menu?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to get rid of that annoying "Emoji" in the Windows 10 Explorer context menu?: Screen shot of right click context menu [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-that-annoying-emoji-in-the/c47f6090-2910-484f-b174-fe033e62cc03
  7. Get rid of duplicate context menu items for printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Get rid of duplicate context menu items for printer: I have 2 printers (HP & Epson) that are wirelessly connected to my Win10 computer. I had a problem with my HP printer, called HP support, who eventually fixed the problem of it not scanning. However, when they finished, my shortcut to the Epson printer looked like this:...
  8. How to get rid of this context menu entry for OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of this context menu entry for OneDrive: I removed the Moden sharing context menu but I still this annoying Move to One Drive context menu. Is there a way to get rid of it? [ATTACH] 127157
  9. A Context Menu Option To Reopen The Last File Explorer Window

in Windows 10 Support
    A Context Menu Option To Reopen The Last File Explorer Window: Hello. So I noticed that sometimes when I close a File Explorer window, I want to undo closing it and bring in back so I can use it. The only possible method that I know is just to go back to File Explorer and re-navigate back to that folder. So let's take an example. I...
  10. Delete and Cut missing from File Explorer Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete and Cut missing from File Explorer Context Menu: My first post here. I searched here but could not find an answer, maybe someone can shed some light on this. I am trying to help an elderly friend who has run into a problem that neither of us can solve. I consider myself pretty savvy on computers, but this one has me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Missing delete and cut option from context menu fix