Windows 10: Get rid of these security captcha puzzles!

Discus and support Get rid of these security captcha puzzles! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; These security puzzles are getting way out of hand. If anyone at Microsoft has any pull on this something needs to be done. Its diminishing the surfing... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SteveVoss, Sep 24, 2018.

1. SteveVoss Win User

Get rid of these security captcha puzzles!

These security puzzles are getting way out of hand. If anyone at Microsoft has any pull on this something needs to be done. Its diminishing the surfing experience of using the internet without a doubt and has been for years now.

To sit for a minute or more and try to figure out some puzzle with pictures, or decipher letters you can't even read, taking forever to load and half the time not even working at all is silly and a waste of my time. I don't care if they are protecting some sort of system or data, that should be on the programmers or webmasters end and on their time to deal with, not mine. These captcha and puzzles have been buggy, inefficient, time wasters since implemented years ago and everybody knows it.

At this point these are way out of control because they are being used in every log in application everywhere. And these don't just pop up for entering a wrong password a few times like years ago, but now for actually logging in the first time on site, wasting so much time if you fail one, which imo, it's set up to fail a certain number on times even if you input correctly, with is flat out wrong to us users. Also not just logging in but making posts on forums, signing up for sites, confirming any action now requires time doing these.

Also who knows if these things are even moderated at all, where they come from, who makes them. I actually want to know at this point and I think we all should know if we have to fill these things out everyday. And to me they have always been and still are to this day poorly made, poorly though out security systems that those in the security sector have no choice but to use because they have no idea what else to do. But in the mean time we have to deal with this junk. And if its for security, too bad like I said, they need to be the ones filling out these puzzles and wasting time over and over again not us.

More people need to start talking about these and how to change this captcha stystem for good to move onto something way better for everyone.

:)

SteveVoss, Sep 24, 2018

2. Outlook.com - Can't get past CAPTCHA

Also having this problem

Can now not reset password as my alias doesn't work ?

The Microsoft account is incorrect. Please try again.

PETERREVELL, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Magic Jigsaw puzzles

I tried the steps you suggested but still cannot use the program. I have tried other puzzle programs that work but I do not like them. I really miss my Magic puzzles.

SueDarwick, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Get rid of these security captcha puzzles!

Microsoft Jigsaw: cannot purchase more puzzles

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• What all the troubleshooting steps have you tried to resolve the issue?

I suggest you to logout and login into computer and then try to purchase the puzzle collection and check if the issue persists or not.

I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

Get rid of these security captcha puzzles!

1. Get rid of these security captcha puzzles! - Similar Threads - rid security captcha

2. CAPTCHA PROBLEM ON EDGE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CAPTCHA PROBLEM ON EDGE: Im getting this kind of captcha. What do I do to fix this? Is this a problem on my GPO? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/captcha-problem-on-edge/e69fb814-d826-4d88-9565-7d21fa55a9ca
  3. CAPTCHA PROBLEM ON EDGE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CAPTCHA PROBLEM ON EDGE: Im getting this kind of captcha. What do I do to fix this? Is this a problem on my GPO? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/captcha-problem-on-edge/e69fb814-d826-4d88-9565-7d21fa55a9ca
  4. Captcha

in Windows 10 Customization
    Captcha: Why can't I solve these captchas, I know I'm doing this right. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/captcha/e519c1a7-1b25-4166-9f20-9c06b04977a4
  5. Can't get rid of VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore with Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't get rid of VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore with Windows Security: I keep getting the same "severe threat" after Defender scans my computer, and after several "remove" commands, it still comes back:Threat detected: VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestoreCan anyone help make it go away completely? it comes back after every scan....
  6. Microsoft Security/ Windows Security Is not Getting rid of my virus

Microsoft Security/ Windows Security Is not Getting rid of my virus: do you have any ideas on what i can do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-security-windows-security-is-not-getting/e4bf0b57-a882-4aeb-adb1-656df9eff480
  7. get rid of it

in Windows 10 Support
    get rid of it: That area, where I typed "get rid of it", is supposed to be for a Group Name. I don't want it, not there anyway; I need the space now. How can I get rid of it? It wasn't there to start with. I put there somehow by mistake. Don Cole 125622
  8. security pop up or virus and how to get rid of

security pop up or virus and how to get rid of: I have an "iexplore" windows security that keeps popping up asking for my user name and password. Is it a virus or how do i get rid of it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-pop-up-or-virus-and-how-to-get-rid-of/173637f6-2467-40e8-8f7d-6985719e3cea"
  9. Getting rid of the CU "Security Center" taskbar icon?

Getting rid of the CU "Security Center" taskbar icon?: Just got through the manual CU update on my machine, and now there's an icon for the "Windows Defender Security Center" in the taskbar that won't go away - It isn't listed in the "system icons" list where turning off Action Center and such was possible previously. Has...
  10. how to get a rid of NORTON security web page

how to get a rid of NORTON security web page: hello every body *Smile recently when i want to visit some web pages on internet i get a alert from norton security company on my browser witch says: " this page is unsecured and you can not access to this page" when i close page and try another time i get the same error.....