Windows 10: Get rid of Twitter etc irritating Side panel

Discus and support Get rid of Twitter etc irritating Side panel in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi folks I hate this but loads of sites seem to have that irritating Twitter,.Facebook etc sidepanel - and sometimes it annoyingly covers parts of... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, Dec 15, 2020.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Get rid of Twitter etc irritating Side panel

Hi folks

I hate this but loads of sites seem to have that irritating Twitter,.Facebook etc sidepanel - and sometimes it annoyingly covers parts of text one is trying to read.

Is there anyway to disable it or at least move the wretched thing out of the way.

example of what I mean here's the wretched sidepanel. (I'm using Firefox BTW)

Get rid of Twitter etc irritating Side panel [​IMG]

I'm sure there must be some way of inhibiting this panel as it sometimes appears a little bit later than after the web site home page appears.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Dec 15, 2020

2. Twitter RSS feed and Loop

So, my Twitter RSS feed won't update, and I can't post anything to twitter from the Loop or Kin Studio. Suggestions?

CommieCOZY, Dec 15, 2020
  3. Billy Med Win User
    Twitter Notifications

No worries, Russ. To get Twitter notifications on your device, we recommend that you follow these steps:

• Uninstall your Twitter application.
    • Open your Twitter from a computer and go to your settings.
    • Choose apps and remove access from Twitter for your Windows Phone.
    • Reinstall Twitter on your phone and grant it permission to connect to your account.
    You should receive Twitter notifications after a day or two.

Keep us posted.

Billy Med, Dec 15, 2020
  4. NOPD Win User

Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

Thema:

1. Get rid of Twitter etc irritating Side panel - Similar Threads - rid Twitter etc

2. photo/side panel chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photo/side panel chrome: HelloI realize this is about chrome but no one ever answers on their forum. I have tried repeatedly at help.support.google oro whatever it is. There is a newish feature which is a side panel that opens on the right hand side of the screen after you click on an image. This...
  3. photo/side panel chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photo/side panel chrome: HelloI realize this is about chrome but no one ever answers on their forum. I have tried repeatedly at help.support.google oro whatever it is. There is a newish feature which is a side panel that opens on the right hand side of the screen after you click on an image. This...
  4. photo/side panel chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Widget hover and left side irritation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widget hover and left side irritation: Is there a way to move the widgets to the right hand side of the taskbar? Is there a way to turn off the hove irritation like in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widget-hover-and-left-side-irritation/6acaeeca-92f1-460a-8697-dddb8a46302e
  6. Widget hover and left side irritation

Widget hover and left side irritation: Is there a way to move the widgets to the right hand side of the taskbar? Is there a way to turn off the hove irritation like in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widget-hover-and-left-side-irritation/6acaeeca-92f1-460a-8697-dddb8a46302e
  7. Get help irritatingly closes

Get help irritatingly closes: every time i enter microsoft get help app for a chat with a service agent .....just after entering chat app closes did resetting app...terminating app....nothing helped Kind help appreciated !...
  8. Getting rid of irritating new File Explorer feature

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting rid of irritating new File Explorer feature: I have been using versions of Windows for many years. Recently Windows to appears to have introduced a new feature in File Explorer which I find quite irritating. It concerns the way the contents of folders are displayed. When opening a folder in File Explorer there have...
  9. exiting a window, panel, etc.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    exiting a window, panel, etc.: I took an unused computer with an earlier version of windows 10 and was starting & registering it. it said to major update it, which I did. I have been exploring it to become familiar with it. info becomes available in panels, but these don't seem to have the usual button...
  10. Can't get rid of facebook, twitter, candycrush etc on ver 1709

Can't get rid of facebook, twitter, candycrush etc on ver 1709: Has anyone found a way to get rid of these useless apps? If i uninstall they come right back. I did a clean install of windows 10 Pro ver 1709 bought from MS. The old power shell uninstall no longer works it seems and these apps are not even listed in the add/remove...