Windows 10: Get rid of Windows 10

Discus and support Get rid of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yet again the Windows Gnomes have denied me access to my computer for an hour while they put more updates that I neither want nor need on it. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bowline5, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Bowline5 Win User

Get rid of Windows 10

Yet again the Windows Gnomes have denied me access to my computer for an hour while they put more updates that I neither want nor need on it. The immediate effect of their latest interference has been to disable my printer so that I am now faced with having to uninstall and then reinstall it, which is more time that I must spend away from my work getting back to the set up that I want, rather than what some faceless mouse clicker in Seattle thinks is best for me.

I did not sign up for this when my previous machine suffered a catastrophic hardware failure and I had no choice but to buy a Windows 10 computer. The system has never worked; built in apps and utilities will not launch, the start menu does not function, and this is not the first time that an update has corrupted the software that I use daily. I have tried resetting to factory conditions two or three times, a full day's excercise each time by the time all my software is reinstalled, to no effect. I have tried to change the OS but that is not possible. The inbuilt utility to boot from an outside source is the same as everything else and does not work, the BIOS is carefully written so that the boot order cannot be changed, thus giving Microsoft absolute control of my computing activities worse than any malware, trojan or virus. I cannot even uninstall the hated updates, that utility doesn't work either, probably by design.

Where can I go from here to get out of this intolerable situation.

:)

Bowline5, Mar 4, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 4, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Get rid of Windows 10

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Get rid of Windows 10

1. Get rid of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - rid

2. Did Video Editor get rid of the Custom Audio tab?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Did Video Editor get rid of the Custom Audio tab?: I have been using Video Editor for a few projects for about a year now and I went to add some audio to a new project and I cant find the option anywhere. Was the option removed? I was aiming to have this project done by the end of the month, and if I cant use the Custom Audio...
  3. How can i rid off from the product key option in my pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can i rid off from the product key option in my pc: How can i rid off from the product key option in my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-rid-off-from-the-product-key-option-in/b599b176-ed79-4e18-ba65-acbccc74cb16
  4. How do I get rid of Pop ups in windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I get rid of Pop ups in windows 10: How do I get rid of these pop up on my screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-pop-ups-in-windows-10/3a89b0fa-015f-4f8d-afe9-52a5b8d50344
  5. How do I get rid of this message? I get it everytime i turn on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get rid of this message? I get it everytime i turn on my laptop.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Bambuinulos [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fvdpji/how_do_i_get_rid_of_this_message_i_get_it/
  6. how do i get rid of windows 10 telling me that "some settings are managed by your organization"

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i get rid of windows 10 telling me that "some settings are managed by your organization": I keep seeing this over and over again. I spent days trying to turn Windows Defender back on and never figured out how to. So it's currently off. No great loss but it's hitting me up all over the place and I'm sick and tired of it. What in god's name must I do? None of...
  7. How to get rid of Supremo

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to get rid of Supremo: I got a call a while ago from a man saying that he was Microsoft support and that something was wrong with my computer. I did have something wrong with my laptop so I allowed him to take over my computer and "fix it". He then installed Supremo on my computer and took over and...
  8. How do I get rid of games I neither want nor ever purchased?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I get rid of games I neither want nor ever purchased?: I opened my store library to find it filled with fortnite and other games which I don't own and my apps were gone. They are not listed as purchases in my account. I attempted to reset the windows store app using wsreset command but when I went back in a different set of games...
  9. Download I can't get rid of

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Download I can't get rid of: I have an download I can't get rid of? I tried to remove it in the control panel I can't find it. I tried to wipe my computer it can't wipe my computer. This download is annoying every time I turn my computer on it comes on I don't know what to do now?...
  10. Does anyone know about the Exif and Metadata? How to get rid of it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does anyone know about the Exif and Metadata? How to get rid of it?: Yesterday on google I found some pictures of my camera that I uploaded on my Facebook profile, I don’t know why those pictures just showed up in front of me with random searches but I am pretty sure that something was not right. So I started digging out the main reason...