Windows 10: get rid of windows edge nag screen at startup?

Discus and support get rid of windows edge nag screen at startup? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; hello all. when I boot to windows 10 I get a nag screen trying to get me to use edge. its a waste of time. how can I get rid of this screen and go... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by msongs, Sep 15, 2019.

1. msongs Win User

get rid of windows edge nag screen at startup?

hello all. when I boot to windows 10 I get a nag screen trying to get me to use edge. its a waste of time. how can I get rid of this screen and go straight to the login/password screen? fyi I have two log ins, one personal and one microsoft account we were forced to create when installing win 10 (forced because it did not specify there was another option)

so how to ditch the nag screen? thanks! getting rid of the microsoft account is for another post.

Marshall Songs

:)

msongs, Sep 15, 2019
  2. Trumplert Win User

Microsoft Edge: How to disable annoying Nag Screen?

I use Outlook 2010 with Gmail and am happy with that combination. I'm not looking to change my email programme.

I just want to get rid of the annoying Edge nag screen that is "harassing me" for choosing not to use Edge. (and I'd rather not get rid of the nag screen by capitulating and being forced into using Edge...)

Trumplert, Sep 15, 2019
  3. ALKHALL Win User
    OneDrive Nag Message at Start-Up

I get the nag screen on startup, but there is no process in taskmanager/startup.

Any other suggestions? I only want to disable the nag screen, not uninstall OneDrive.

ALKHALL, Sep 15, 2019
  4. neomatter Win User

Microsoft Edge: How to disable annoying Nag Screen?

Weird, it works fine on my system. I haven't had the nag screen show up yet (and I've tested using both IE11 and Chrome). All hyperlinks in my email launch in the default browser I choose. However, I am running Outlook 2013 so maybe there is a difference in how it handles things in the back end? Only other thing I can think of is maybe choose 'set defaults by apps', select IE11, click the 'select all' and save it. Maybe that might work? But maybe you tried that already... Can't think of anything else to try... *Sad

neomatter, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

1. get rid of windows edge nag screen at startup? - Similar Threads - rid edge nag

2. How to get rid of edge bar on startup.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get rid of edge bar on startup.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheDamnburger [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wsddss/how_to_get_rid_of_edge_bar_on_startup/
  3. Get more out of windows nag screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get more out of windows nag screen: The "get more out of windows nag screen" pops up randomly, sometimes after a reboot due to windows update but not always. We have systems that need to automatically start running various programs after a reboot and this nag screen prevents automatic recovery. There are...
  4. Get more out of windows nag screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Get more out of windows nag screen: The "get more out of windows nag screen" pops up randomly, sometimes after a reboot due to windows update but not always. We have systems that need to automatically start running various programs after a reboot and this nag screen prevents automatic recovery. There are...
  5. Is there any way to permanently get rid of this nag screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there any way to permanently get rid of this nag screen?: Every so often when I start up I get this annoying nag screen. I'm really not interested in any of the options offered but there seems to be no way to tell Micro$oft to go away and stop pestering me with it. It's really starting to get under my skin so if anyone has any...
  6. Get rid of EDGE on Start up screen ?

in Browsers and Email
    Get rid of EDGE on Start up screen ?: My PC just up dated. After a shutdown and restart, I found I now have the new EDGE advertisement on my start up screen and I can't get rid of it. It won't allow me to move the screen to my extended monitor either. It only gives me a "GET STARTED" option which I'm not interest...
  7. get rid of Microsoft Edge at startup

in Browsers and Email
    get rid of Microsoft Edge at startup: Hi All! I ‘m just slowly going nut..: Can’t get rid of Microsoft edge when start-up. Yet I followed all advice in this forum and where ever I can get . So I tried all that: 1 - I open TASK MANAGER.. Microsoft Egde is nowhere. 2 - I’ve tried The LOCAL GROUP POLICY >Computer...
  8. get rid of Microsoft Edge at startup

in Windows 10 Support
    get rid of Microsoft Edge at startup: Hi All! I ‘m just slowly going nut..: Can’t get rid of Microsoft edge when start-up. Yet I followed all advice in this forum and where ever I can get . So I tried all that: 1 - I open TASK MANAGER.. Microsoft Egde is nowhere. 2 - I’ve tried The LOCAL GROUP POLICY >Computer...
  9. get rid of macrium update nag screen?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    get rid of macrium update nag screen?: their nag screen pops up every 5 minutes for a few hrs then disappears for a day or 2. how can I block that? I will update when I want to update it 149855
  10. Google "Nag" on Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Google "Nag" on Edge: Anyone know how to eliminate the Google "nag" on Edge ? Pops up very, very frequently in the upper right corner of the page. MB adwcleaner is negative. [img] 91452

Users found this page by searching for:

1. annoting try windows edge at windows 10 start up screen