Windows 10: Get ShellExecuteEx failed; code 1155, No application is associated with the specified file...

Discus and support Get ShellExecuteEx failed; code 1155, No application is associated with the specified file... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; All my applications Google Chrome, all Microsoft Office software, and more suddenly became .exe files. Now I can't open anything. I can't Restore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SabelTinaza, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Get ShellExecuteEx failed; code 1155, No application is associated with the specified file...

All my applications Google Chrome, all Microsoft Office software, and more suddenly became .exe files.

Now I can't open anything. I can't Restore my own System nor run anything as my administrator.

What should I do?

:)

SabelTinaza, Sep 3, 2020

2. EXE files will not run in Windows 10

Whenever I try to run "some" .exe files in Windows 10 I get the following error: ShellExecuteEx failed: code 1155. No application is associated with the specified file for this operation.

How do I correct this?

Special555, Sep 3, 2020
  3. AndreePin Win User
    ShellExecuteEx failed; code 203

Hi,

ShellExecuteEx is an important system routine function which may fail to communicate with a software installer. To get a better grasp of your query, kindly provide us the following:

• Does the error only applies when you download a .exe file only?
    • To what web browser are you trying to download a certain file?
    We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

AndreePin, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Get ShellExecuteEx failed; code 1155, No application is associated with the specified file...

ShellExecuteEx failed; code -10737418

I have a problem opening many programs that work in Windows 7 but they give me this error in Windows 10: ShellExecuteEx failed; code -10737418. How do I fix this? I can't even open Bandicam!

Zapzap2Gamer, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Get ShellExecuteEx failed; code 1155, No application is associated with the specified file...

1. Get ShellExecuteEx failed; code 1155, No application is associated with the specified file... - Similar Threads - ShellExecuteEx failed code

2. Cannot get file type associated with the application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot get file type associated with the application: I've just posted to the Ultimaker Cura forum, as Cura is the only application in which I seem to be getting this problem. But I suspect this may be a Win 10 issue so hope someone can help please. Despite having set the defaults correctly, I cannot get d-clicking from File...
  3. Cannot get file type associated with the application

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot get file type associated with the application: I've just posted to the Ultimaker Cura forum, as Cura is the only application in which I seem to be getting this problem. But I suspect this may be a Win 10 issue so hope someone can help please. Despite having set the defaults correctly, I cannot get d-clicking from File...
  4. ShellExecuteEx failed Code;50 the request is not supported... Why??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ShellExecuteEx failed Code;50 the request is not supported... Why??: I try to install QuickTime and ShellExecuteEx failed Code;50 The request is not supported appeared, i also try to run as administrator it says same thing, When i tried to install another app to check it just same I searched for answer but there's no same problem or...
  5. ShellExecuteEx Failed; code error 8235. A referral was returned from the server

in Windows 10 News
    ShellExecuteEx Failed; code error 8235. A referral was returned from the server: [ATTACH]If you cannot install software and receive an error message every time you do […] This article ShellExecuteEx Failed; code error 8235. A referral was returned from the server first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Fix ShellExecuteEx failed error in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix ShellExecuteEx failed error in Windows 10: [ATTACH]When you try to install a program on your Windows computer if you see a “ShellExecuteEx failed” accompanied by different codes, then this post will […] This article Fix ShellExecuteEx failed error in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Associating applications with file types

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Associating applications with file types: I have two applications that will open a particular file type- an older and a newer application. Files tend to open with the older, less useful application; to get the newer app with the better functionality I need to Right-click the file and select "Open With" from the...
  8. File not associated with Application

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File not associated with Application: Windows 10 Home Single Language, version 1809, OS build 17763.737 The computer recently asked to restart my device to scan for threats in Drive(C): I did so, but after booting up the laptop, I am unable to open certain apps from the taskbar or from start. A window pops and...
  9. ShellExecuteEx failed; code -1073741792

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ShellExecuteEx failed; code -1073741792: I am running the Windows 10 o/s on my HP 2000 laptop. The pc is 6 years old. 4G memory. I am unable to download anything because of the above failure message. I have paid for various Tech Help websites, but no one can solve the problem. I've Reset the PC. I've run it in...
  10. How to fix "ShellExecuteEx failed; code 127. The specified procedure could not be found"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to fix "ShellExecuteEx failed; code 127. The specified procedure could not be found": Any time I try to run a .exe file like an installer for a game, it displays this error code? Any solution? I already tried what you said on...