Windows 10: get started button greyed out in windows update

Discus and support get started button greyed out in windows update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have windows 10 home ed and am member insiders program but the get started button is greyed out how to fix?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tjm19633, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Tjm19633 Win User

get started button greyed out in windows update

I have windows 10 home ed and am member insiders program but the get started button is greyed out how to fix?

:)

Tjm19633, Oct 19, 2019
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Oct 19, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Oct 19, 2019
  4. get started button greyed out in windows update

greyed out Print button in file explorer with .htm Extension windows 10

Hello,

There are options you can consider to troubleshoot this issue. When the
    Print button
    on the File Explorer window is greyed out, we suggest that you check if the
    Print Spooler service is running. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Services and click the
      Services app.
    • Scroll down and check if the Print Spooler service is running.
    • If not, right-click Print Spooler and click Properties.
    • On the Properties window, click Start.

After following the steps, check if the Print button
    is already available.

Should you have further questions, feel free to post them on this thread.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

get started button greyed out in windows update

1. get started button greyed out in windows update - Similar Threads - started button greyed

2. encrypt button greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    encrypt button greyed out: my encrypt button is greyed out, I have tried the options given in other people's answers but it doesnt work. please check what is wrong i cant encrypt any of my files...
  3. encrypt button greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    encrypt button greyed out: my encrypt button is greyed out, I have tried the options given in other people's answers but it doesnt work. please check what is wrong i cant encrypt any of my files...
  4. greyed out button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    greyed out button: i want to change my display resolution from 1920x1080 to 1280x720 on Windows 11 but the button is greyed out so i can't do soisthere any way i can change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/greyed-out-button/8db43d0b-eea7-4b2b-91da-ea16ff26b955
  5. greyed out button

greyed out button: i want to change my display resolution from 1920x1080 to 1280x720 on Windows 11 but the button is greyed out so i can't do soisthere any way i can change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/greyed-out-button/8db43d0b-eea7-4b2b-91da-ea16ff26b955
  6. Fresh start button greyed out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fresh start button greyed out: I've been having a lot of issues with my surface pro 6 since the beginning. The latest issue right now is the FRESH START button being greyed out. There's no button underneath it that says fresh start now. The only thing I can see underneath is the "additional info" in blue...
  7. Button greyed out

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Button greyed out: so i reset my computer today factory reset as i felt my computer was having problems i also recently posted about this issue and i though the reset solved it... i was able to download a free program until i logged into my account... then the grey button of death...
  8. Maximise button is greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Maximise button is greyed out: Hello, I am working on a Dell Inspiron 7000 laptop running windows 10. I have installed some software to color calibrate the screen, however I am unable to maximise the start up screen to be able to read the directions. I have tried uninstalling the software, I have...
  9. "Get Started" button in the Windows Insider Program's greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Get Started" button in the Windows Insider Program's greyed out: Hello everyone, As it says in the subject of this topic, I cannot get Insider builds. I've tried changing Group Policies (Telemetry, Insider things etc... using Policy Plus) and also repair installing (by looking at some things). Now I really don't know what to do, have...
  10. Store auto update button greyed out

Store auto update button greyed out: Just updated laptop to windows 10 home. Store auto update button greyed out--says contact administrator. There is no other account on this machine except one admin account, and the sign on is with a Microsoft account. Seems to be no way to add any other admin account or sign...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows insider buttom greyeed out how to fix

2. windowsserver 2016 update button greyed out