Windows 10: Get stuck in task view with gestures

Discus and support Get stuck in task view with gestures in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I use gestures (4 finger swipe up) to get to task view and see all applications, I cannot get out of it. Swipe down, clicking on a window, nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ryan C Starko-Bowes, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Get stuck in task view with gestures

When I use gestures (4 finger swipe up) to get to task view and see all applications, I cannot get out of it. Swipe down, clicking on a window, nothing will get me out of that view which renders my computer frozen for about 1 minute until the view closes on its own. My computer is brand new which makes this very frustrating. Any fixes? Or is this a problem with my particular machine?

:)

Ryan C Starko-Bowes, Nov 8, 2018
  2. SonofKane Win User

Stuck in Task View

So i'm running windows 10 and it should be noted that i sue a razer synapse where one button is to go to task view. However it had been working fine for 2 months.

Very recently my pc would be working fine for a long time, i'll be using task view no problem. Then i'd go to task view and it'd just be stuck there. I can't use the task view button to go back to normal desktop. I can't click on any of the app it's showing
    me that i'm using to go to them. I'm just stuck. I'm not in tablet mode. it's so random. I have to restart my entire pc and lose any of the work i'm doing to fix it. Is there a fix for this?

SonofKane, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Task View

It's the Task View, not the Task Bar, that is the problem. I should be getting the popup (right clicking on Task View) showing the options for additional Desktops, not the five options for the Task Bar. A 'chat' with MS Solutions said that I should reinstall
    Windows 10 to MAYBE correct this problem. Any suggestions to correct?? Thanks for your interest...I really appreciate it.
    The Task View is the only feature that I may like on 10!!

Whitfield orWiemholt, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Jose Est Win User

Get stuck in task view with gestures

Dissapearing Gestures

Hi,

Get around Windows faster with touchscreen or touchpad gestures.

If your touchpad gesture is not working, we can run the hardware troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• On the search box, type in
      Troubleshooting and hit Enter.

• Click on Troubleshooting
      tab.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

• Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.

• Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jose Est, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Get stuck in task view with gestures

1. Get stuck in task view with gestures - Similar Threads - stuck task view

2. Gesture Latency - Windows 10 - Dell XPS 9700 - Multi-task view

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gesture Latency - Windows 10 - Dell XPS 9700 - Multi-task view: Hi Everyone, I am noticing a gesture latency on battery when I try to activate the multi-task view. This is different than the screen flicker when programs are minimized and multi-task view is activated. I use a 4 finger swipe up to activate the mutli-task view. On A/C, it...
  3. task view

in Windows 10 Customization
    task view: How to disable photo app in the task view windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view/b9b37d91-287b-49c4-b917-ae2d18c4a519
  4. TASK VIEW

TASK VIEW: Hello, how can i revert back to the old Task View button. It was completely fine before and now its practically unusable. Its extremely had to navigate between desktops and apps themselves....
  5. Task View

Task View: I open Task View to clear all of the things I have done on the computer that day and generally it works. Yesterday and today there are two that won't delete. I even tried to remove it individually and it still won't go. I clicked on it to see if it was still an active task...
  6. Stuck in Task View

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in Task View: So i'm running windows 10 and it should be noted that i sue a razer synapse where one button is to go to task view. However it had been working fine for 2 months. Very recently my pc would be working fine for a long time, i'll be using task view no problem. Then i'd go to...
  7. Stuck in Task View

Stuck in Task View: Some how I am in Task view. No Idea Why. or How ! Change all multitasking settings to off, as that is what I am in "multitasking" even though I am not. How do I get back to my normal desktop View ?...
  8. Task View

Task View: After latest windows10 update, I am seeing a scroll bar in "Task View". Please let me know how can I disable that scroll bar, which is not required for me....
  9. Task View

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View: Hello guys………………………. Can you please help...……………...when I hover over the Task View icon a window opens but as soon as I take the mouse off the icon the window closes....how can I keep the Task View widow open? Your help would be much appreciated....I am using Windows 10...
  10. Task View

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View: In the bottom bar is three windows labelled tasdkbar; two small bigger one in middle. When I click on it it shows another version of my desktop, but minus icons. What is the function? 12639