Windows 10: get syncing of favorites to work

Discus and support get syncing of favorites to work in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Has anyone been able to get the advertised syncing of favorites to work? I have Edge on two pc's and one ultra-light, and a windows phone. All are set... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Reldel, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Reldel Win User

get syncing of favorites to work

Has anyone been able to get the advertised syncing of favorites to work? I have Edge on two pc's and one ultra-light, and a windows phone. All are set to sync but no favorites have synced as yet. Latest fall update has been running for a week on all computers and phone has latest insider build of 10.

:)

Reldel, Nov 15, 2015

2. Edge favorite syncing

But you are wrong. When I first got my Surface, they synced from my phone to it. When I got my new Windows 10 laptop, they synced from my phone to the the laptop. Recently all syncing stopped. So don't tell me that it's not supposed to work. It is and
    it did. I am simply trying to get it to work again. And I'm trying to get it to sync the favorites I have favorites and not sync and delete my favorites

louis cicamore, Nov 15, 2015
  3. Sync not working in Edge

I heartily agree as Edge Sync has not worked for me ever and I've lost Favorites during several version Updates as a result if I didn't have latest backed up to HTML.

To even get decent Favorites management has been an epic struggle. You can now at least back up to HTML hidden in the Setting to Import Favorites from another Browser (intuitive, huh?).

I only use Edge for certain tasks, use Firefox and Chrome for others including syncing my Favorites reliably to other devices.

Open Feedback Hub in Start Menu, search "Sync not working" to find previous issue posted to Vote up or create your own.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Nov 15, 2015
Thema:

get syncing of favorites to work

1. get syncing of favorites to work - Similar Threads - syncing favorites

2. Samsung Gallery Sync: Favorite mark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samsung Gallery Sync: Favorite mark: When marking a pic as favorite in Samsung Gallery, then letting it be synced to OneDrive and it showing up on Windows: the favorite mark is nowhere to be found.Does OneDrive support favorite tracking like this? If yes, how?...
  3. Samsung Gallery Sync: Favorite mark

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Samsung Gallery Sync: Favorite mark: When marking a pic as favorite in Samsung Gallery, then letting it be synced to OneDrive and it showing up on Windows: the favorite mark is nowhere to be found.Does OneDrive support favorite tracking like this? If yes, how?...
  4. When syncing devices, Favorites go wrong way!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When syncing devices, Favorites go wrong way!: Hello, some advice please! I have a Desktop and a tablet, both WIN 10. I assume when syncing them both, all Edge Favorites, Themes, etc from desktop A, the Mothership, would be sent to Tablet B. However, the opposite happens, Edge Favs saved on A desktop that are not on...
  5. When syncing devices, Favorites go wrong way!

When syncing devices, Favorites go wrong way!: Hello, some advice please! I have a Desktop and a tablet, both WIN 10. I assume when syncing them both, all Edge Favorites, Themes, etc from desktop A, the Mothership, would be sent to Tablet B. However, the opposite happens, Edge Favs saved on A desktop that are not on...
  6. 2 PCs. Edge synced Favorites without permission. How to undo?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 PCs. Edge synced Favorites without permission. How to undo?: Two Windows 10 PCs.Both PCs are set to Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows.Most, if not all, of my user files on one of the PCs I have purposefully synced to OneDrive. This PC can be considered nearly single-purpose, and the Edge Favorites there are mostly...
  7. 2 PCs. Edge synced Favorites without permission. How to undo?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 PCs. Edge synced Favorites without permission. How to undo?: Two Windows 10 PCs.Both PCs are set to Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows.Most, if not all, of my user files on one of the PCs I have purposefully synced to OneDrive. This PC can be considered nearly single-purpose, and the Edge Favorites there are mostly...
  8. 2 PCs. Edge synced Favorites without permission. How to undo?

9. Favorites on Microsoft Edge have disappeared after syncing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Favorites on Microsoft Edge have disappeared after syncing: Hi there, All my Favorites on Microsoft Edge have disappeared after syncing yahoo account with Hotmail account. I have checked in the users folders to no avail. I have done a search on the C:\ drive but no luck.Please advise how I can restore all my favorite files on...
  10. Favorites on Microsoft Edge have disappeared after syncing

Favorites on Microsoft Edge have disappeared after syncing: Hi there, All my Favorites on Microsoft Edge have disappeared after syncing yahoo account with Hotmail account. I have checked in the users folders to no avail. I have done a search on the C:\ drive but no luck.Please advise how I can restore all my favorite files on...