Windows 10: Get this message whenever I first log into my computer or try to open an app, the apps will...

Discus and support Get this message whenever I first log into my computer or try to open an app, the apps will... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OccultPriest [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OccultPriest, Sep 5, 2022.

1. Get this message whenever I first log into my computer or try to open an app, the apps will...

/u/OccultPriest, Sep 5, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Get this message whenever I first log into my computer or try to open an app, the apps will... :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 5, 2022
  3. dalchina Win User
    Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

Hi, FWIW, I found that Atlantis Word was already added to the Open With list for .pdf's - although it is incapable of opening them.
    (Is that so with Word?)

Get this message whenever I first log into my computer or try to open an app, the apps will... [​IMG]

It did show in the Open With list, and when clicked stated it could not open the pdf except as a text file (or similar). I.e. it gave a sensible warning message.

I therefore chose to delete it from the Open With options for pdf. Why it was added I don't know.

In your case it seemed Word had been successfully added - you add an item, click to Save it, and then should see this confirmation:

Get this message whenever I first log into my computer or try to open an app, the apps will... [​IMG]

Perhaps if a program not registered to handle an extension is added to the Open With list for that extension, it doesn't appear in the menu- would have to test that.

** Well, I tried adding Wordpad to the OW list for png, and it appeared in it, and attempted to open the file- garbage of course.

I wonder if Word might have appeared in the Choose another app list..

Example of a lot of options being presented (png)

dalchina, Sep 5, 2022
  4. Callender Win User

Get this message whenever I first log into my computer or try to open an app, the apps will...

Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

You can't use it to add additional programs, only to set default programs.

Interestingly for me it shows nothing for text files:

Then if I want to add a portable app like Jarte Plus to open with context menu windows doesn't like it.

It's not present and is near impossible to add even via "look for an app on this PC"

OpenWithAdd to the rescue:

Result:

Callender, Sep 5, 2022
Thema:

Get this message whenever I first log into my computer or try to open an app, the apps will...

1. Get this message whenever I first log into my computer or try to open an app, the apps will... - Similar Threads - message whenever log

2. Whenever I try to open any app through the PC xbox app I get hit with the Error code:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I try to open any app through the PC xbox app I get hit with the Error code:...: I have never had trouble installing the apps, but once I try to open any app it hits me with that error message and forces me to close it. Weirdly I have been using a work around of opening the app, waiting for the error message, closing the app and then after 3 times doing...
  3. Whenever I try to open any app through the PC xbox app I get hit with the Error code:...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I try to open any app through the PC xbox app I get hit with the Error code:...: I have never had trouble installing the apps, but once I try to open any app it hits me with that error message and forces me to close it. Weirdly I have been using a work around of opening the app, waiting for the error message, closing the app and then after 3 times doing...
  4. Whenever i try to update or install an app on the microsoft store app, i always get the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever i try to update or install an app on the microsoft store app, i always get the...: I have looked up how to fix it and none of the methods have worked for me, i havent tried factory resetting my computer but i dont want it to have to come down to that. Microsoft store app has given me trouble in the past but it was always easy or not super confusing to fix....
  5. Whenever i try to update or install an app on the microsoft store app, i always get the...

Whenever i try to update or install an app on the microsoft store app, i always get the...: I have looked up how to fix it and none of the methods have worked for me, i havent tried factory resetting my computer but i dont want it to have to come down to that. Microsoft store app has given me trouble in the past but it was always easy or not super confusing to fix....
  6. On my acre computer I have a message when I first turn it on you’ll need a new app to open...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On my acre computer I have a message when I first turn it on you’ll need a new app to open...: On my acre computer I have a message when I first turn it on you’ll need a new app to open this ms-get-started https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-my-acre-computer-i-have-a-message-when-i-first/98759a3a-9c53-42d4-951b-c79ea999f39a
  7. On my acre computer I have a message when I first turn it on you’ll need a new app to open...

On my acre computer I have a message when I first turn it on you’ll need a new app to open...: On my acre computer I have a message when I first turn it on you’ll need a new app to open this ms-get-started https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-my-acre-computer-i-have-a-message-when-i-first/98759a3a-9c53-42d4-951b-c79ea999f39a
  8. On my acre computer I have a message when I first turn it on you’ll need a new app to open...

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. All Microsoft apps display this message whenever i try to open them and even after pressing...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All Microsoft apps display this message whenever i try to open them and even after pressing...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/7amok_sha [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lo66ip/all_microsoft_apps_display_this_message_whenever/
  10. Whenever I am trying to open the Camera app on my Windows 10 HP Laptop I am getting the...

Whenever I am trying to open the Camera app on my Windows 10 HP Laptop I am getting the...: Screenshots attached for reference. [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-am-trying-to-open-the-camera-app-on-my/b7783341-ff2a-4b7e-a48a-c1d977b3d5e7