Windows 10: Get updates from PCs on same network being ignored

Discus and support Get updates from PCs on same network being ignored in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; All our PCs are configured under Settings / Update and Security / Advanced Options / "Choose how updates are delivered" to get updates from PCs on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NickJP, Aug 5, 2016.

1. NickJP Win User

Get updates from PCs on same network being ignored

All our PCs are configured under Settings / Update and Security / Advanced Options / "Choose how updates are delivered" to get updates from PCs on local network as well as from MS. However, this doesn't seem to be working for the anniversary update. I installed the update on one PC, and after using it for a couple of days with no apparent problem, ran the install on the next PC. However, although the already updated PC was up and running, the update on the 2nd PC was downloaded from the Internet and not the local machine. And ditto for the third PC that I updated with the prior two up and running.

Has anyone had success with getting this setting to work correctly? I don't want to have to download the ~3Gb of update over and over for each machine. I looked on the MS web site for an update file that I could download once and run on each machine, but all I could find was a 5Mb update stub (Windows10Upgrade28084.exe) that downloads the rest of the update from the Internet without regard for the update delivery settings on the PCs.

:)

NickJP, Aug 5, 2016
  2. Quikky Win User

Sync to multiple PCs on same network

I have two PCs in my living room - a laptop and a dedicated Media Center PC, both running Windows 7 and on the same wireless network. If I install the Zune software on both machines, and activate wireless sync on my WP7, will it successfully sync with one
    or both PCs (assuming they are both switched on and connected to the network), or is it likely to become confused and sync with neither?

Quikky, Aug 5, 2016
  3. neilcq Win User
    Windows 10 updates from PCs on your local network on public wifi

That's disappointing and makes sharing of updates a security issue for company laptops running Windows 10. It seems the only solution for these devices (where such restrictions are important - this feature could possibly be used to spread malware) is for
    Windows Updates to be set to not download from other devices, even on the LAN.

neilcq, Aug 5, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

One thing you could try is to download the official ISO and use that on all of your machines. The computers will find the key that is associated with the account and/or hardware and activate it accordingly.

swarfega, Aug 5, 2016
  5. cereberus Win User
    The mechanism for build upgrade is different to normal updates. WUDO (windows update delivery optimisation) does not work for upgrades.

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Get updates from PCs on same network being ignored - Similar Threads - updates PCs same

2. Are my two PCs and laptop even on the same network?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are my two PCs and laptop even on the same network?: Here's what I got. I know I'm in over my head and am a little overwhelmed with the various nomenclatures.Years ago, in first setting up onto the internet, I named something as "bullwinkle". Can't say if that's my modem's nickname, or my wi-fi network's name, or a network name...
  3. Are my two PCs and laptop even on the same network?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Are my two PCs and laptop even on the same network?: Here's what I got. I know I'm in over my head and am a little overwhelmed with the various nomenclatures.Years ago, in first setting up onto the internet, I named something as "bullwinkle". Can't say if that's my modem's nickname, or my wi-fi network's name, or a network name...
  4. Folder sharing between two pcs on same network

Folder sharing between two pcs on same network: Hi, This may be a stupid question to ask my apologise if so. I know how to share one folder between two computers what I do not know if there is a way to share more than one folder to the same mapped drive? For example share Documents and Pictures in the same mapped drive...
  5. is it possible to restrict Windows 10 update to only get updates from PCs on the same LAN?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is it possible to restrict Windows 10 update to only get updates from PCs on the same LAN?: Hi, I have a bunch of Windows 10 Pro/Home PCs in a Workgroup. I want to designate 1 pc to always check and download updates. Then have the other PCs download from that PC and not go out to the Internet. Is that possible? Can Delivery Optimization do that or will the PCs...
  6. Problems discoverying PCs on same domain network

Problems discoverying PCs on same domain network: Greetings all All my PCs run W10 Pro and are on the same domain managed by a W2016 server I am not able to discover the other PCs despite all services and sharing options are running or enabled. from each PC I can see the server and the shares. on different PCs I can...
  7. Same windows errors on 2 separate PCS same home network

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Same windows errors on 2 separate PCS same home network: Is anyone else experiencing these errors: PC1 1. Windows start button and type to search --don't work. Can't shutdown PC or access applications. 2. Right -click on icons in taskbar does not work, in taskbar last icon click on area with no icon right-click works? 3....
  8. clicks to show the available networks are being ignored

clicks to show the available networks are being ignored: My Surface running build 1709 has a saved wireless connection and it's connecting to it just fine. But if I want to switch to any other wireless network, I cannot. Left-clicking the wireless icon in the system tray gets ignored. Right-clicking works, bringing up the...
  9. Update many PCs in the same time ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update many PCs in the same time ?: I have many pc working with Windows 10, is there a way to download the updates just for one computer than share it ? 73877
  10. Getting updates from PCs on local network doesn't happen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Getting updates from PCs on local network doesn't happen: Does this feature work as intended? We have two desktop PCs and one laptop at home, all running Win10 version 1607 x64 Pro and all on the same IP subnet. All three machines are configured in Settings / Update & Security / Advanced Settings with "Updates from more than one...