Windows 10: Get Windows 10 App does not start up

Discus and support Get Windows 10 App does not start up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; OH you have GOT to be s******g me! The Get Windows 10 app started up while I was writing this post! Why is there not a way to delete the post???... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TV2, Jan 19, 2016.

1. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Get Windows 10 App does not start up

OH you have GOT to be s******g me!
    The Get Windows 10 app started up while I was writing this post!

Why is there not a way to delete the post???

_________

I have been preparing one of my office PCs for an upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10.

When KB3035583 and the rest of the preparatory updates came out last summer I hid them - on all PCs.
    One every other PC I restored these updates on and installed, the Get Windows 10 app started right up.

But on this PC (the one in my System Specs) after restoring all the updates and installing them, the Get Windows 10 app does not start.

Using the MS fix to diagnose the app returns the error: "Unsupported Version" > Details: "Windows is not up to date".
    Checking Windows Update yields nothing new to install.

What should I try next?

(Windows 7 Home was installed first on this PC from a 3-license retail disk, activated, and legitimate. It has never been reinstalled on this PC)

:)

2. Get Windows 10 app does not show up

I can't register for windows 10 because the "Get Windows 10" app doesn't appear! I followed the article three times, twice with the troubleshooter, and once the manual way. Still nothing has happened. The troubleshooter still says "Unsupported Version"
    but my laptop is up to date.

Fletchblue, Jan 19, 2016
  3. Get Windows 10 app does not show up

I cannot even reserve Windows 10, as the "get windows 10" app does not even appear on the action bar

Fletchblue, Jan 19, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Instead of waiting for Windows Update, download the current Win 10 ISO file and use it to do an in-place install.
    use one of the 2 links below to download the ISO file................
    Media Creation Tool ( MCT ) :
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

Tech Bench
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench

Using MCT as example................
    Download the Tool and run it.
    Then select Create installation media for another PC
    That will begin downloading the ISO file to your computer.
    When download is completed, RIGHT click at the ISO > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
    That will begin installing Windows 10.
    You have the choice of keeping settings, files and apps, or keeping nothing.
    If you are asked for product key, Just use the SKIP option and continue.
    Activation will be automatic.

davidhk, Jan 19, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    With the Get Windows 10 icon on, you still have to wait for Windows Update to give you the upgrade.

My method is still good if you do not want to wait.

*** adding................ RE : deleting the thread ........... if you do not want to see any more replies from this thread, you can go to the top of your thread, click Thread Tools > click unsubscribe from this thread.

davidhk, Jan 19, 2016
  6. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Thanks for the input davidhk.

I have Windows 10 on USB stick from the Media Creation Tool. What I've found is that the download (for creating ISO or for USB ) is updated regularly, with the current build and all the updates. So if you are going to install from either media you really should download the package just before you start anyway. By my math it is more efficient to just download it and install, cutting out the media creation.

I could install from my media, and Windows will update afterward anyway, but again, that is an extra step!

I'll let the mods know if I want the post deleted. Maybe it will help someone else if they are also impatient!
    I would just like to know why I don't have the option to delete my own thread, literally seconds after creating it.

Thema:

1. Get Windows 10 App does not start up - Similar Threads - App does start

2. Missing Windows 10 'Get Started' app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Windows 10 'Get Started' app: I cannot find the Windows 10 Get Started app anywhere... on my computer, in the store - nowhere. Nor can I find info online about it's apparent demise. Can anyone tell me where to get it or how to find it on my system? I googled and tried the PowerShell fix but nothing...
  3. App at Start-Up

in Windows 10 Customization
    App at Start-Up: When I look at the list of apps that start-up when I start Windows 10, I recognize all of them as they show the app name. But there are two that just says Program and in terms of Impact it says “Not Measured”. What are these programs? How will I get to know what these...
  4. Windows 10 Start does not find apps in System32

Windows 10 Start does not find apps in System32: Apps such as Notepad and Control Panel cannot be accessed via the Start button. I press Start button, type in, e.g. Notepad or Control Panel, and nothing happens. Yet, when I navigate to System32 via File Explorer, I can open these apps. How do I restore the ability to...
  5. start up apps

start up apps: Mu torrents is automatically opening on startup. how to remove it from startup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-apps/908db591-42a9-4b66-b055-f76edb06555f
  6. Windows 10 does not fully start up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 does not fully start up: After a power supply interruption, Computer starts OK post beep good. Windows starts up. Microsoft logo and spinning cursor, screen goes blank this would normally be followed by pin input screen would coming up. Instead dark screen and spinning cursor only any assistance...
  7. On start up I get a blank screen and mouse but windows does not start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    On start up I get a blank screen and mouse but windows does not start: I have a new Windows 10 computer which is running optimally. My old Win 10 computer not so good. I need to copy over important data from my old computer to the new one. I have some back-ups of photos, docs and music I can use. But I kept a folder of downloaded install files...
  8. windows photo app does not start

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows photo app does not start: tried the trouble shoot ( as got to know from similar topic on earlier threads )as below , application concerned is Microsoft photos : application repair application reset application uninstall using power shell and reinstall from app store resetting windows store cache...
  9. Start-up apps

Start-up apps: In start-up apps, what is the significance / difference between - Sort by:- Name / Status / Start Up Impact ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-apps/202d9e39-40af-470d-b61d-30113b79f13e
  10. "Get Windows 10" app not showing up

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "Get Windows 10" app not showing up: I have 3 identical HP Pavilion All-IN-One pc's all with Windows 8.1. They came new with Win 8 and I upgraded to 8.1. anyway, All 3 never showed the little Window on the bottom right of the taskbar to receive Windows 10.......even my older Windows 7 PC received it???...