Windows 10: "Get Windows 10" app not showing up

Discus and support "Get Windows 10" app not showing up in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have 3 identical HP Pavilion All-IN-One pc's all with Windows 8.1. They came new with Win 8 and I upgraded to 8.1. anyway, All 3 never showed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Bigbwb, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Bigbwb Win User

"Get Windows 10" app not showing up

I have 3 identical HP Pavilion All-IN-One pc's all with Windows 8.1. They came new with Win 8 and I upgraded to 8.1.

anyway,
    All 3 never showed the little Window on the bottom right of the taskbar to receive Windows 10.......even my older Windows 7 PC received it??? Thoughts?

I know they are compatible and the Windows keys should be fine being they came new from HP directly a few years back, I only upgraded to 8.1 via the free download from MS.

I tried various troubleshooting by running a particular command script with no luck. Can one just "force" windows 10 to download or do I have to have the taskbar notification first?

Thanks,

:)

Bigbwb, Jul 29, 2015
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Jul 29, 2015
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it "Get Windows 10" app not showing up :(

oh gawd wat to do ? "Get Windows 10" app not showing up :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram "Get Windows 10" app not showing up :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx "Get Windows 10" app not showing up :)

musum, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Bigbwb Win User
    Thank you! So, I would use the Windows Key my pc came with originally to register it? I just dont want to upgrade it to 10 and find out I cannot register or it something else goes wrong*Smile

Bigbwb, Jul 29, 2015
  6. Brink, you should get paid for every time you've posted this today.

After you follow the process of upgrading to and activating Windows 10, you won't need a key for future clean installs of Windows 10 on that same computer. It will complete and activate.

DeaconFrost, Jul 29, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  8. Bigbwb Win User

Sorry guys, I am sure you are quite busy with noobs like me*Smile I just didnt want to start the process only to find I screwed up somehow.

I am giving it a shot as we speak using your Tutorial!

Thanks again for the help,

Bigbwb, Jul 29, 2015
  9. Bigbwb Win User
    After the upgrade to "10" I have no intention of doing anything else (including a clean install). I just want to upgrade, nothing more*Smile

Bigbwb, Jul 29, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It's just to let you know that you can clean install Windows 10 on the PC in the future if ever needed after you have upgraded to register the PC with the free Windows 10 activation. *Smile

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  11. Bigbwb Win User
    Gotcha! Thanks guys!

Bigbwb, Jul 29, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Glad we could help. *Smile

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  13. "Get Windows 10" app not showing up

It's nice to know that option is there to go right to a clean install, especially if you end up with a drive failure, corrupt install, etc.

DeaconFrost, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. "Get Windows 10" app not showing up - Similar Threads - app showing

2. Im having this problem. Microsoft store is not downloading apps and it is showing as...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Im having this problem. Microsoft store is not downloading apps and it is showing as...: Plz look into this. I'm having this problem for the last 1 month. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-having-this-problem-microsoft-store-is-not/3c9ba12f-8345-4e1b-aaa4-bcae850e1bd2
  3. Im having this problem. Microsoft store is not downloading apps and it is showing as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Im having this problem. Microsoft store is not downloading apps and it is showing as...: Plz look into this. I'm having this problem for the last 1 month. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-having-this-problem-microsoft-store-is-not/3c9ba12f-8345-4e1b-aaa4-bcae850e1bd2
  4. Im having this problem. Microsoft store is not downloading apps and it is showing as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Download option not showing for Microsoft Translator app on my PC.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Download option not showing for Microsoft Translator app on my PC.: I am trying to install Microsoft translator app on my PC. After the website directs you to the Microsoft store there is download or install option for Microsoft translator app. One of the requirements is having an integrated camera which i do not have as i am using a Logitech...
  6. Download option not showing for Microsoft Translator app on my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download option not showing for Microsoft Translator app on my PC.: I am trying to install Microsoft translator app on my PC. After the website directs you to the Microsoft store there is download or install option for Microsoft translator app. One of the requirements is having an integrated camera which i do not have as i am using a Logitech...
  7. Download option not showing for Microsoft Translator app on my PC.

8. Unable to free up space since installed apps are not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to free up space since installed apps are not showing up: I am running out of capacity to upgrade things on my cpu so I go to the system storage to see where its all going. Seeing 332G in installed apps I think great lets click on that to remove some. My largest app is 2G.......... everything else is lower so I can barely free...
  9. Unable to free up space since installed apps are not showing up

Unable to free up space since installed apps are not showing up: I am running out of capacity to upgrade things on my cpu so I go to the system storage to see where its all going. Seeing 332G in installed apps I think great lets click on that to remove some. My largest app is 2G.......... everything else is lower so I can barely free...
  10. auto-hide taskbar not showing up when an app is maximirzed

auto-hide taskbar not showing up when an app is maximirzed: my little cousin pressed some button on my keyboardand now my taskbar would have a strange behavior.it wouldn't open by bringing down the mouse curserinstead I need to open start menu....