Windows 10: Get Windows 10 Back After Running OpenShell

Discus and support Get Windows 10 Back After Running OpenShell in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I ran OpenShell, which changes Windows 10 to look more like Windows Classic or XP. I did not realize that it changed a million things. I thought it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lindalouk, Dec 6, 2019.

1. lindalouk Win User

Get Windows 10 Back After Running OpenShell

I ran OpenShell, which changes Windows 10 to look more like Windows Classic or XP. I did not realize that it changed a million things. I thought it just changed the appearance of the Start menu. If it is possible to run it and have it change ONLY the start menu, I would like to do that, but don't know how.

How do I undo the changes?

Also, I find the Win 10 Start menu completely un-useful. How can I get something that is like the XP start menu. I could find the things I needed there. There are many other tweaks I would like to make as well, I am finding Win 10 very difficult to use. What is useful--like Recent Documents--seems to have been removed.

But the main thing is, I need to get rid of changes OpenShell has made. Thank you.

:)

lindalouk, Dec 6, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 6, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 6, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Get Windows 10 Back After Running OpenShell - Similar Threads - Running OpenShell

2. Game crashing when running besides a browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game crashing when running besides a browser: When I run Destiny 2 alongside any browser tested Edge, Opera GX and Firefox both the game and the browser crash. This varies in intensity, sometimes closing only one of them, sometimes both, sometimes it also causes Discord to crash, and sometimes it gives me a blue screen...
  3. Game crashing when running besides a browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game crashing when running besides a browser: When I run Destiny 2 alongside any browser tested Edge, Opera GX and Firefox both the game and the browser crash. This varies in intensity, sometimes closing only one of them, sometimes both, sometimes it also causes Discord to crash, and sometimes it gives me a blue screen...
  4. Game crashing when running besides a browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. can I safely assign a drive letter to an EFI partition to run a chkdsk on that partition on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I safely assign a drive letter to an EFI partition to run a chkdsk on that partition on...: I have a backup image creation program that gets an error when I try to create an image:Cluster Run Error: Cluster Run Short - Error - 21, and it want me to run a chkdsk /r. I did and it didn't help. I contacted the software company, and they said I have a FAT32 partition EFI...
  6. can I safely assign a drive letter to an EFI partition to run a chkdsk on that partition on...

can I safely assign a drive letter to an EFI partition to run a chkdsk on that partition on...: I have a backup image creation program that gets an error when I try to create an image:Cluster Run Error: Cluster Run Short - Error - 21, and it want me to run a chkdsk /r. I did and it didn't help. I contacted the software company, and they said I have a FAT32 partition EFI...
  7. What are the recommended requirements to run GTA V FiveM and LSPDFR mod?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are the recommended requirements to run GTA V FiveM and LSPDFR mod?: What are the recommended requirements to run GTA V FiveM and LSPDFR mod? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-the-recommended-requirements-to-run-gta-v/c741dba5-73dd-4b80-bfdc-b4745a15d547
  8. What are the recommended requirements to run GTA V FiveM and LSPDFR mod?

What are the recommended requirements to run GTA V FiveM and LSPDFR mod?: What are the recommended requirements to run GTA V FiveM and LSPDFR mod? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-the-recommended-requirements-to-run-gta-v/c741dba5-73dd-4b80-bfdc-b4745a15d547
  9. How to run OS from SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run OS from SSD?: The issue I have is that my operating system is on my C hard drive, while the EFI that boots my computer is on my SSD. My goal is just to move everything to the SSD so it boots the operating system from there I just want to speed up my computer. But, I can't simply migrate...
  10. How to run OS from SSD?

How to run OS from SSD?: The issue I have is that my operating system is on my C hard drive, while the EFI that boots my computer is on my SSD. My goal is just to move everything to the SSD so it boots the operating system from there I just want to speed up my computer. But, I can't simply migrate...