Windows 10: Get Windows 10 Working On It Then Close

Discus and support Get Windows 10 Working On It Then Close in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I originally started installing windows 10 error free. There was a power outage but everything was recovered and I did not notice any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mombles, Aug 21, 2015.

1. mombles Win User

Get Windows 10 Working On It Then Close

Hi all,
    I originally started installing windows 10 error free. There was a power outage but everything was recovered and I did not notice any problems. I try to install windows 10 again and when I click ok, let's continue it says, "working on it" for 10 seconds and just closes. It doesn't continue with the licencing and install and upgrading in general, it just closes. I tried waiting, I tried attempting it multiple times and I checked task manager to see if it was still open. Nothing. I am absolutely lost and can't upgrade now *Sad. Please help.
    Thanks,

EDIT: I did some more research and I am going to uninstall and reinstall the get windows 10 update. Does anyone know how to do this?

EDIT: Went to windows update and found this: Easy solution?

Get Windows 10 Working On It Then Close [​IMG]

SOLVED! The problem was, when the power outage happened the preparation for windows 10 was deleted. I had to go to windows update and reinstall the preparation manually.

:)

mombles, Aug 21, 2015
  2. dbhough Win User

Get Windows 10 - hanging on "working on it"

Why on earth doesn't Microsoft warn you of this possible lengthy time to download before starting. - up to 24 hours?!

I can't leave my pc on for that time and mine has been hanging for hours.

dbhough, Aug 21, 2015
  3. Susawa Win User
    Get Windows 10 - hanging on "working on it"

I found this workaround on a thread over at windowcentral.com:

Don't use the "Get Windows 10" notification icon on the bottom right; do the following instead:

A) Go to Windows Updates, if Windows 10 is not listed, click Check for Updates

B) Install all Important pending updates 1st, then go to step A

This worked for me. I was on Windows 7 64 Home Premium.

Susawa, Aug 21, 2015
Thema:

Get Windows 10 Working On It Then Close

1. Get Windows 10 Working On It Then Close - Similar Threads - Working Close

2. Windows start button doesn’t work and settings automatically closes when I open it up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows start button doesn’t work and settings automatically closes when I open it up.: Hello. This issue all started when I wanted to rename my windows user file and I went to regedit to rename it and everything but then when I went to sign in, i got an error that said something along the lines of “we couldn’t sign you into your account”. I tried to fix it by...
  3. Unable to remove close/ non licenced work account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to remove close/ non licenced work account: I have a work account that was previously my subscription to office 365 through go daddy. I am unable to remove the account through the settings, the only option to click is "manage" but I cannot login because the email address no longer exists....
  4. Mouse is working fine when I open Device Manager, Task Manager etc, but when I close them...

Mouse is working fine when I open Device Manager, Task Manager etc, but when I close them...: This has happened to me 3 times today, a restart has fixed it both times but it’s getting really annoying and I can’t just restart every single time. Does anyone have a fix? submitted by /u/NoktNoktNokt [link] [comments]...
  5. Not working Powerpoint close button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not working Powerpoint close button: When I was done with a presentation, I saved it, then I tried to close it, it DID NOT WORK. It works in other apps, but this one didn't. So then restarted it. Some times it saves or loses information. I expected it to work. Thank you, Sincerely User....
  6. WINDOWS STORE SEARCH OPTION IS NOT WORKING .WHEN TYPING STORE IS CLOSING DOWN.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    WINDOWS STORE SEARCH OPTION IS NOT WORKING .WHEN TYPING STORE IS CLOSING DOWN.: WINDOWS STORE SEARCH OPTION IS NOT WORKING .WHEN TYPING STORE IS CLOSING DOWN. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-search-option-is-not-working-when/26152e31-84b0-4458-a4d1-3e073a0a9c7f
  7. My PC closes programs and if I try to open them they wont work

My PC closes programs and if I try to open them they wont work: Well,basically here's my problem: Today as I was playing and hearing music, the music suddently stopped and i was like oh okay maybe it is loading, but then some time later as I was going to use chrome, it was closed and I was like HmmmmmmmMMMMM I dont remember closing...
  8. This PC does not load working on it. Windows explorer restarts automatically after closing...

This PC does not load working on it. Windows explorer restarts automatically after closing...: I am having this problem for a few months. I can open File explorer and access local disks through the left pane. But, when I click on this pc or my computer, it just hangs. I would close it with task manager or simply clicking close window from the task bar. After a few...
  9. Will this work on new Windows 10 PC?...you have until the thrift store closes in 33 mins, hehe

Will this work on new Windows 10 PC?...you have until the thrift store closes in 33 mins, hehe: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/xtlhogciao [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f50u3d/will_this_work_on_new_windows_10_pcyou_have_until/
  10. Third monitor shuts off when lid is closed, but 2nd continues to work fine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Third monitor shuts off when lid is closed, but 2nd continues to work fine: Dual external monitors have been working fine for months. After a Zoom session with clients yesterday I got home and everything set up normally. When I closed the lid on the laptop, the 3rd monitor shut down and everything popped over to the #2 monitor. When I open the lid,...