Windows 10: Get Windows 10 Working On It Then Close

Discus and support Get Windows 10 Working On It Then Close in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I originally started installing windows 10 error free. There was a power outage but everything was recovered and I did not notice any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mombles, Aug 21, 2015.

1. mombles Win User

Get Windows 10 Working On It Then Close

Hi all,
    I originally started installing windows 10 error free. There was a power outage but everything was recovered and I did not notice any problems. I try to install windows 10 again and when I click ok, let's continue it says, "working on it" for 10 seconds and just closes. It doesn't continue with the licencing and install and upgrading in general, it just closes. I tried waiting, I tried attempting it multiple times and I checked task manager to see if it was still open. Nothing. I am absolutely lost and can't upgrade now *Sad. Please help.
    Thanks,

EDIT: I did some more research and I am going to uninstall and reinstall the get windows 10 update. Does anyone know how to do this?

EDIT: Went to windows update and found this: Easy solution?

Get Windows 10 Working On It Then Close [​IMG]

SOLVED! The problem was, when the power outage happened the preparation for windows 10 was deleted. I had to go to windows update and reinstall the preparation manually.

:)

mombles, Aug 21, 2015
  2. dbhough Win User

Get Windows 10 - hanging on "working on it"

Why on earth doesn't Microsoft warn you of this possible lengthy time to download before starting. - up to 24 hours?!

I can't leave my pc on for that time and mine has been hanging for hours.

dbhough, Aug 21, 2015
  3. Susawa Win User
    Get Windows 10 - hanging on "working on it"

I found this workaround on a thread over at windowcentral.com:

Don't use the "Get Windows 10" notification icon on the bottom right; do the following instead:

A) Go to Windows Updates, if Windows 10 is not listed, click Check for Updates

B) Install all Important pending updates 1st, then go to step A

This worked for me. I was on Windows 7 64 Home Premium.

Susawa, Aug 21, 2015
Thema:

Get Windows 10 Working On It Then Close

1. Get Windows 10 Working On It Then Close - Similar Threads - Working Close

2. Window search dosen't work it closes immediatly after opening,

in Cortana
    Window search dosen't work it closes immediatly after opening,: As said in the title, window search doesn't work it closes immediatly after opening, i tried on another account and it works normaly. I tried pretty much everything i could find on internet so i thought maybe you could help me......
  3. Window search dosen't work it closes immediatly after opening,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window search dosen't work it closes immediatly after opening,: As said in the title, window search doesn't work it closes immediatly after opening, i tried on another account and it works normaly. I tried pretty much everything i could find on internet so i thought maybe you could help me......
  4. Window search dosen't work it closes immediatly after opening,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "My computer" says "working on it" for a few seconds, then closes

"My computer" says "working on it" for a few seconds, then closes: I have a strange problem when I click on my computer icon. It says "working on it", the blue circle spins for a few seconds, then it closes. I haven't seen a problem with anything else e.g. File Explorer and programs.I've done a SFC and a Safety Scanner quick scan, and they...
  6. "My computer" says "working on it" for a few seconds, then closes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "My computer" says "working on it" for a few seconds, then closes: I have a strange problem when I click on my computer icon. It says "working on it", the blue circle spins for a few seconds, then it closes. I haven't seen a problem with anything else e.g. File Explorer and programs.I've done a SFC and a Safety Scanner quick scan, and they...
  7. Closed Bracket stopped working...

Closed Bracket stopped working...: Hello, yesterday all of a sudden I couldn't use my closed bracket when I was programming then I noticed I cant use it at all. Today the issue still resides and the only way of getting it is with the windows + closed bracket key. I can still use } perfectly fine. - No, I...
  8. Closed Bracket stopped working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Closed Bracket stopped working...: Hello, yesterday all of a sudden I couldn't use my closed bracket when I was programming then I noticed I cant use it at all. Today the issue still resides and the only way of getting it is with the windows + closed bracket key. I can still use } perfectly fine. - No, I...
  9. Internet and bluetooth drivers stop working when laptop is closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet and bluetooth drivers stop working when laptop is closed: I've been having what appears to be a common problem with my internet and bluetooth drivers. It use to happen randomly but now it happens everytime I close my laptop lid.What happens:Wifi and bluetooth button disappear and consequently wifi and bluetooth won't work. In device...
  10. Internet and bluetooth drivers stop working when laptop is closed

Internet and bluetooth drivers stop working when laptop is closed: I've been having what appears to be a common problem with my internet and bluetooth drivers. It use to happen randomly but now it happens everytime I close my laptop lid.What happens:Wifi and bluetooth button disappear and consequently wifi and bluetooth won't work. In device...