Windows 10: Get Windows 10 Working On It Then Close

Discus and support Get Windows 10 Working On It Then Close in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I originally started installing windows 10 error free. There was a power outage but everything was recovered and I did not notice any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mombles, Aug 21, 2015.

1. mombles Win User

Get Windows 10 Working On It Then Close

Hi all,
    I originally started installing windows 10 error free. There was a power outage but everything was recovered and I did not notice any problems. I try to install windows 10 again and when I click ok, let's continue it says, "working on it" for 10 seconds and just closes. It doesn't continue with the licencing and install and upgrading in general, it just closes. I tried waiting, I tried attempting it multiple times and I checked task manager to see if it was still open. Nothing. I am absolutely lost and can't upgrade now *Sad. Please help.
    Thanks,

EDIT: I did some more research and I am going to uninstall and reinstall the get windows 10 update. Does anyone know how to do this?

EDIT: Went to windows update and found this: Easy solution?

Get Windows 10 Working On It Then Close [​IMG]

SOLVED! The problem was, when the power outage happened the preparation for windows 10 was deleted. I had to go to windows update and reinstall the preparation manually.

:)

mombles, Aug 21, 2015
  2. dbhough Win User

Get Windows 10 - hanging on "working on it"

Why on earth doesn't Microsoft warn you of this possible lengthy time to download before starting. - up to 24 hours?!

I can't leave my pc on for that time and mine has been hanging for hours.

dbhough, Aug 21, 2015
  3. Susawa Win User
    Get Windows 10 - hanging on "working on it"

I found this workaround on a thread over at windowcentral.com:

Don't use the "Get Windows 10" notification icon on the bottom right; do the following instead:

A) Go to Windows Updates, if Windows 10 is not listed, click Check for Updates

B) Install all Important pending updates 1st, then go to step A

This worked for me. I was on Windows 7 64 Home Premium.

Susawa, Aug 21, 2015
Thema:

Get Windows 10 Working On It Then Close

1. Get Windows 10 Working On It Then Close - Similar Threads - Working Close

2. High CPU with task manager closed&WindowsUpdate advanced settings not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU with task manager closed&WindowsUpdate advanced settings not working: Hello. Sometimes when being idle I hear my CPU fan going crazy and when I open task manager I see "Windows login GUI" taking 60% of my CPU usage and right after opening task manager it goes back to 0%. Another issue I am having is when I click "Advanced settings" in the...
  3. Restore, Minimize and Close buttons not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Restore, Minimize and Close buttons not working in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]One of the most annoying issue on a Windows 10 computer would be the one where the Restore, Minimize, and Close buttons not working. In this case, the buttons on the right side of the title bar do not respond [...] This post Restore, Minimize and Close...
  4. A problem has caused the program to stop working windows will close the program and notify...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A problem has caused the program to stop working windows will close the program and notify...: I have been trying to play a game (pro evolution soccer 2019) on my pc for a while now the game crashes immediately after launch and displays this message "a problem has caused the program to stop working windows will close the program and notify you if there is a...
  5. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program

in Windows 10 Customization
    A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program: Hi there, I am getting below error when I am launching Outlook/Excel/PowerPoint and any other non-Microsoft applications as well. "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program" . Also, I attached the screenshot for above error....
  6. Wake on Lan (WOL) does not work when the lid is closed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wake on Lan (WOL) does not work when the lid is closed: I met problem when configuring wake on lan. After enabling wake on lan in BIOS and in network adapter settings, I was able to wake my computer from sleep. But the problem is my laptop won't wake up when the lid is closed. That is to say: When I manually sleep my computer...
  7. All the threads on Windows Update error message 0x8024002e are closed - here's what worked...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All the threads on Windows Update error message 0x8024002e are closed - here's what worked...: Like everyone else who has posted on the forum I tried a bunch of stuff - including, but not limited to: setting the WU and BITs services to automatic changing my registry DISM and SFC turning off services, renaming files and turning the services back on troubleshooter...
  8. App closes automatically while working on it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App closes automatically while working on it: In Windows 10, while working on DaVinci Resolve, the app closes automatically after few minutes, on that few minutes the app runs smooth, any help please....
  9. Windows Snap left/right not working when laptop connected to external monitor but lid is closed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Snap left/right not working when laptop connected to external monitor but lid is closed: I just got a new laptop and I'm seeing some behavior that I didn't see with my old laptop. For my old laptop, when I connected the laptop to an external monitor (hdmi) and then closed the lid of the laptop, Windows seemed to know the laptop lid was closed and didn't allow me...
  10. Microsoft DVD Player - paid $14.99 - does NOT work - Opens then Closes

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft DVD Player - paid $14.99 - does NOT work - Opens then Closes: Microsoft DVD Player - paid $14.99 - does NOT work - Opens then Closes How do I fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-dvd-player-paid-1499-does-not-work-opens/d4da340c-2724-4dc2-9560-49209bd242be"